Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lord Bracknell said:
So what's more important to you?

Staying up with McGhee?

Going down and getting a new manager?

Maybe we need a poll?

???

Staying up. Staying in this league is important. If it means Magoo is in charge then so be it. I will happily say I was wrong. But I feel if we do stay up its despite Magoo not because of him.

I feel he has 'lost it' this season with his velvet bag selection policy.

D

Deleted member 2719

fourthteamtillidie said:
If we lose on saturday i will be vocalising my opinions to MR McGhee from the running track, and those around where i sit are no longer happy campers but it would appear that people are not encouraged to vocalise their "opinions" by the blinkered majority that prevailing circumstances or not this is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I would say that unquestioned loyalty to a failing regime is not only stupid but massivley short sighted.

SO i'm a pesimist, i can live with that, but it shouldnt stop my opinion that McGhee isnt good enough and is putting the fantastic progress made by this club, it's chairman and previous managers into severe retrograde motion, be any less valid than your rabid and unfailing support.

I support the TEAM on the pitch and the CLUB not the manager.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
fourthteamtillidie said:
If we lose on saturday i will be vocalising my opinions to MR McGhee from the running track, and those around where i sit are no longer happy campers but it would appear that people are not encouraged to vocalise their "opinions" by the blinkered majority that prevailing circumstances or not this is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I would say that unquestioned loyalty to a failing regime is not only stupid but massivley short sighted.

SO i'm a pesimist, i can live with that, but it shouldnt stop my opinion that McGhee isnt good enough and is putting the fantastic progress made by this club, it's chairman and previous managers into severe retrograde motion, be any less valid than your rabid and unfailing support.

I support the TEAM on the pitch and the CLUB not the manager.

Fine show your opinions. You will just be shown to be in the minority as you will not receive much support whether we win or lose. But of course you are probably so fickle that you will cheer McGhee afterwards if we win.

Most people do not have unquestioned loyalty. We just understand the situation the club is in and the difficulty we have in competing at this level. If we have a bad start and are struggling midway through next season then I will start to think that you are right. However, until the end of the season we will have Mark McGhee as manager and more than likely he will still be next season. Please tell me the point of attacking the manager constantly when it will not make any difference.

I also find it amusing that you accuse McGhee's supporters of being short sighted. It is you who thinks getting rid of a manager who is building a young squad and replacing him will provide a quick fix. Mark McGhee has taken us forward and I believe that we will go down with a stronger squad than we came up with.

Personally, I thought that we would go straight back down so we have stayed in this division a year longer than expecte. What did you expect, promotion to the Premiership within two years?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
Fine show your opinions. You will just be shown to be in the minority as you will not receive much support whether we win or lose. But of course you are probably so fickle that you will cheer McGhee afterwards if we win.

That is an incredibly patronising opening gambit, have you been taking lessons from the master of put downs or does it come naturally?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
That is an incredibly patronising opening gambit, have you been taking lessons from the master of put downs or does it come naturally?

That has to be the most hypocritical comment that I have ever read. In answer to the question I think that you are probably quite close to being the master of put downs.

You also seem to have missed the comments he makes about people who support Mark McGhee by calling us stupid and talking about rabid comments. All I did was show him how mislead he is.

But of course you know everything and cannot be wrong and as I have missed a game recently and do not have 1000s of posts my opinion does not count to 'know it alls' like you

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think DK has gone down the route of trying to appease both sides.
He must know the number of anti Mcghee fans is growing week by week and has to be seen to be doing something, while trying not to upset the pro mcghee fans.

D

Deleted member 2719

KinkyNormanBaker said:
I think DK has gone down the route of trying to appease both sides.
He must know the number of anti Mcghee fans is growing week by week and has to be seen to be doing something, while trying not to upset the pro mcghee fans.

Exactly - also he is looking to protect himself.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Finchley Seagull said:
You have not quite worked out yet obviously that a majority on NSC does not mean a majority of fans. I know it is hard to believe but NSC attracts the moaning fans who are discontented and the vast majority of fans who support McGhee will not post on here or vote on polls.

Nice theory ...

Although the McGhee-in crowd seemed quite happy that NSC was representative when they were winning the polls. It's only now you're being trounced that you're getting upset. Poor show.

If anything, there seems to me to be more support for McGhee on here than "out there", where the overwhelming majority of supporters I speak to want him removed. You're right in that it doesn't follow that a majority on NSC is necessarily a true reflection of supporter-opinion at large, but it would be equally misplaced to suggest that it is necessarily a reflection of a minority view.

It is what it is; however you might try to twist it for your cause.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Finchley Seagull said:
That has to be the most hypocritical comment that I have ever read. In answer to the question I think that you are probably quite close to being the master of put downs.

You also seem to have missed the comments he makes about people who support Mark McGhee by calling us stupid and talking about rabid comments. All I did was show him how mislead he is.

But of course you know everything and cannot be wrong and as I have missed a game recently and do not have 1000s of posts my opinion does not count to 'know it alls' like you

Several nails hit directly on head. Congratulations ;)

D

Deleted member 2719

Fragmented Badger said:
I probably know personally about 12 albion fans. Pretty much every single one of them wants McGhee out. From what Mr Knight has to say, I reckon he will go at the end of the season, and if he is here in August then it wouldnt take much of a bad run to sack him next season.

I Know 1 on the fence and 8 that want him out and fast.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:

But using opinion as fact is indicitive of this board. You have a habit of dismissing the opinion of all those that have issues with McGhee, is that because you do not like or cannot cope with people having a different opinion to you. Surely this board is somewhere to vent these feelings, yet you have been known to use comments such as 'why don't you get behind the team' to those that have used this board to vent frustration, better here than at the game.

I do not know everything, but I do feel McGhee is failing and this downward spiral will continue with him incharge.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fragmented Badger said:
I probably know personally about 12 albion fans. Pretty much every single one of them wants McGhee out. From what Mr Knight has to say, I reckon he will go at the end of the season, and if he is here in August then it wouldnt take much of a bad run to sack him next season.

I guess I know around 40 Albion fans. I have only heard 1 or 2 state outright that they want MM out. A further 5 or 6 have questionned elements of his selection policy. The rest have been broadly positive.

I do not know why there should be such a discrepancy between my associates and yours. Possibly you and those known to you are generally younger than me and mine, and thus not seeing the longer view in the same way, having seenn the depths of the Herefords / Gillinghams, etc.

Of course I may be wrong and you may be 94.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
6 of us who regularly go

2 want him out

2 dont understand him and are erring on the side of wanting him out (1 is me)

and two say who would we get instead

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Caveman said:
Not sure how all this is supposed to help our relegation fight do you?

Yeah i mean McGhee now knows he wont be sacked if we go down and a friendly with Arsenal behind closed doors? Why? I mean it would be all well and good if we could generate some funds by paying to watch but all it's going to do is tire our players out for our game against Preston

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Out of the 10 or so 'regulars' I know, probably 4 want him booted out ASAP (In fact 2 have quite a hatred for the bloke), 2 want him to stay and the rest of us are now resigned to the fact that he keeps his job regardless of results/relegation etc etc.

The frustration of it all is that, yes, I suppose you could vote with your feet, but I think I have finally come to terms with going to games not expecting to get a result, going in the knowledge that it is better (marginally) than spending the afternoon being trailed round John Lewis looking at wedding lists or sofas.

Cant remember Gillingham being this futile, but then in the grander scheme of things, I cannot allow the futility of the manager to cloud my continuing enjoyment of following the Albion.

Repugnant Toad said:
Nice theory ...

Although the McGhee-in crowd seemed quite happy that NSC was representative when they were winning the polls. It's only now you're being trounced that you're getting upset. Poor show.

I wonder if you could find even one quote from any of that "crowd" about NSC polls being representative of Albion's fan base?

These polls have always been nothing more than trivial parlour games amongst a somewhat overheated, changeable and feverish section of the Albion's fan base. If we beat Preston this weekend, McGhee would romp home in any NSC poll conducted straight afterwards, all they represent is a barometer of disappointment at the latest defeat.

More representative I reckon are those fans loudly singing Mark McGhee's name at the end of the game at Home Park :clap:

I notice that Rougvie shares your strange delusion that the Pissfield days was more optimistic, that time when we were glued to 91st spot in the league still anxiously awaiting the dawn of the great Jeff Wood era :lol: That compared to a play-off win watched by 30,000 Albion fans, two seasons of second tier football and the historic victory of Falmer. Yeah, obviously the Pissfield days win hands down :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here