Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee wants another striker

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
trueblue said:
Possibly true. And Shipperley would have been good for, what, one or two seasons?

That would be enough whilst we try and consolidate in this division.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Stinky Kat said:
There is no money.

Sammy Adams (18 years old) at Hastings United has trials at Steua Bucharest and they wanted him but he did not fancy the move. BHAFC were made aware of him but Dean White said the Albion cannot take a chance on the boy as they cannot afford his wages - just shows you how tight money is - the whole budget has been gambled on ones for the future and so far they have not produced the goods for whatever reason.

The way this has been conveyed to me before is that the Albion have always been wary of taking 17/18 yr old players in on pro contracts because it runs at odds with the academy system that is already in place not much point in having an academy and going through the ranks if someone comes in on decent money after a few good games in the lower leagues.

Hsnt Adams had a trial with West Ham ? I thought he was going there anyway ?

Last edited:

Rusthall Seagull said:
Do you ever have anything positive to say? It grows tiring hearing you constantly slate MM

:lolol:

I posted that yesterday. Kinky assures me he does post positive comments, I'm on the lookout...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lokki 7 said:
:lolol:

I posted that yesterday. Kinky assures me he does post positive comments, I'm on the lookout...

i like ckr and i think he will become a good player however a proven striker was needed in the summer and not one for the future.

from this thread

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mark Mcghee can do no wrong and he has not wasted money at all, i also dont go to games because I prefer listening to games on the radio and jerking myself off

KinkyGoebels said:
i like ckr and i think he will become a good player however a proven striker was needed in the summer and not one for the future.

Brimming with positivity Kinks. Positively brimming. :)

KinkyGoebels said:
Mcghee has wasted a decent amount of money that he could have used on a proven striker like lee.

El turi 150k + wages
Ckr 100k + wages

that amount is enough to get a player like lee in, i like ckr and i think he will become a good player however a proven striker was needed in the summer and not one for the future.

Why do you keep repeating this lie about us being able to sign Alan Lee. The only person who's done any actual research into this, Naylor at the Argus, concluded that he was way out of our range in both transfer fee and wages. What do you know that he doesn't then? ??? ???

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
That would be enough whilst we try and consolidate in this division.

Of course it would have, totally agree. But even though we enquired for him, shock horror, he chose Sheff Utd. Next!

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Why do you keep repeating this lie about us being able to sign Alan Lee. The only person who's done any actual research into this, Naylor at the Argus, concluded that he was way out of our range in both transfer fee and wages. What do you know that he doesn't then? ??? ???

Ok anyone but Lee.

He also said Leon was Mcghees main man - i assume you disagree with this?

The cola money had to be spent - fait enough but the money spent on el turi the 150k and his wages could be sitting in the bank waiting to be spent on the right player.
El turi could turn out to be good enough in time but at this moment time isnt on Brightons side.

Don Tmatter said:
I'm sure we could have got Shipperley down here for what we payed for CKR & Turienzo and their wages.

Of course we could have. I'm sure he was absolutely dying to be part of our relegation fight rather than heading back into the Premiership.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Can you take Michael Ricketts off us? pretty please.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Of course we could have. I'm sure he was absolutely dying to be part of our relegation fight rather than heading back into the Premiership.

He made it clear he did not want to relocate, and face it he will be released if sheff wed get to the premiership.

KinkyGoebels said:
Ok anyone but Lee.

Excellent - hope that's the last time we hear that lie from you then.

KinkyGoebels said:
He also said Leon was Mcghees main man - i assume you disagree with this?
You assume wrong - I'd always try and get Leon into the team somewhere, not sure about up front though.

KinkyGoebels said:
The cola money had to be spent - fait enough but the money spent on el turi the 150k and his wages could be sitting in the bank waiting to be spent on the right player.

150k is nothing compared to what we would have to spend to get the kind of proven goal-scorer people are crying out for on this thread, you know it.

McGhee is going to have to work his magic at the budget end of the market, that's Brighton and Hove Albion. If you want to see expensive players, go and watch Spurs. Oh, I forgot, you said you couldn't afford to, could you? Irony of ironies! :lol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Kinky you go to a lot of away albion games, I'm suprised you say you can't afford to go Spurs

E

enigma

I'd rather have taken a chance on CKR and Turi, as they are younger and may well be worth a lot in the future. Shipperley has no re-sale value and is at best a madium-term solution. We need to build for the long term.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Excellent - hope that's the last time we hear that lie from you then.

You assume wrong - I'd always try and get Leon into the team somewhere, not sure about up front though.

150k is nothing compared to what we would have to spend to get the kind of proven goal-scorer people are crying out for on this thread, you know it.

McGhee is going to have to work his magic at the budget end of the market, that's Brighton and Hove Albion. If you want to see expensive players, go and watch Spurs. Oh, I forgot, you said you couldn't afford to, could you? Irony of ironies! :lol:

I cant afford it but im going to the next two games :jester:

150k is the most Brighton have spent on a player since when? and to seemingly waste it is stupid - but you can carry on backing mcghee fully.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyGoebels said:
He made it clear he did not want to relocate, and face it he will be released if sheff wed get to the premiership.

And its not as if Shipperley hasnt been involved in relegation battles before.

I dont believe we did enquire about him.

London Irish said:
McGhee is going to have to work his magic at the budget end of the market, that's Brighton and Hove Albion.

Being a striker himself he should be able to coach them where the goal is, but he can't obviously. You know between those white things we call posts.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here