Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee wants another striker

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
McCammon's contract is up at the endof the season. I think almost definitely he'll be on his way out.

McPhee just doesn't appear to have what it takes to cut it at this level. He'll probably be gone at the end of the season(assuming thats when his contract runs out.)

Hart was never a prolific triker in the lower leagues and just isnt good enough as a long term option at this level.

Jake and CKR are kids. They're inexperienced and learning the game. They're players for the future but shouldn't have the burden of being a main goal provider yet.

Leon is a great player but he's not a regular goal scorer at this level. He's a creator, a provider.

El Turi? Well who knows. He's barely played. He's either another McCammon or is not ready for this level of English football yet.

All in all I'd say 'yep, we need another striker'. Just let it be one that can score regularly.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Preseason time most people were agreed that we needed a striker (who can score), a creative midfielder, a goalie and a left back, minimum.

Even with the players McGhee has brought in I think we still need those players although Carole and Frutos do sound like good business.

It does seem strange though as he was a handy scorer himself, that McGhee is yet to prove here that he is able to find a decent striker for us.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would like to see McCammon stay on. He was coming back into fitness last season and he showed glimpses of why McGhee put faith into him. Some people seemed to make their mind up when he was severely lacking in first team football.

I hope he comes back stronger than ever abnd proves his worth. He is the sort of player we need fit if we are to stay up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mcghee has wasted a decent amount of money that he could have used on a proven striker like lee.

El turi 150k + wages
Ckr 100k + wages

that amount is enough to get a player like lee in, i like ckr and i think he will become a good player however a proven striker was needed in the summer and not one for the future.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'm sure we could have got Shipperley down here for what we payed for CKR & Turienzo and their wages.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
You all seem to be forgetting Molango too :lolol:

When does Molangos contract expire? And Mcphees? Hopefully those two, and Mccammon will be off in June.

Its obvious we need a left back, but we do also need a finisher like Mcghee has said.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don Tmatter said:
I'm sure we could have got Shipperley down here for what we payed for CKR & Turienzo and their wages.

Possibly true. And Shipperley would have been good for, what, one or two seasons?

It's too early to judge El Turi who's hardly played, and CKR is still raw, but at least they have the potential to be investments. Otherwise, we're just providing a retirement fund for a journeyman.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
trueblue said:
Possibly true. And Shipperley would have been good for, what, one or two seasons?

It's too early to judge El Turi who's hardly played, and CKR is still raw, but at least they have the potential to be investments. Otherwise, we're just providing a retirement fund for a journeyman.

One or two season would be closer to falmer and a replacement would have been easy to find

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How far off fitness is McCammon? Agree with Dwayne, an old stager like Mooney would have been perfect imo.

I have serious doubts that we should be looking at unproven Irish strikers, given the number of unproven potentially good strikers we have at the moment. I assume we are talking a genuine target man not another Leon/Jake/CKR/El Turi/McPhee :(

Come on MM time to get what we need, not what might be good in a couple of years

McCammon looks like the only forward we have who can cause problems for the big buggers who pass as defenders in this division, worrying...

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah well if McGhee is such a good manager he should be able to coach our GLUT of strikers where the f***ing goal is considering he was a striker himself.

The fact that he cant speaks volumes.

Magoo out :angry: :angry: :angry:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Yeah well if McGhee is such a good manager he should be able to coach our GLUT of strikers where the f***ing goal is considering he was a striker himself.

The fact that he cant speaks volumes."

He tried coaching Knight into a more complete player, and blunted the skills he once possessed.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Dougal said:
According to the Argus. Bloody hell how many strikers do we want at the club. Doesn't say much for the money we've shelled out for strikers already.
What concerns me most though is he apparently has been in Ireland looking for one. I don't think plucking some obscure player from Shelbourne or Limerick is going to be the solution.
At some point we are going to have to off load some strikers if we sign another

CKR
Knight
McPhee
McCammon
Robinson
Turienzo
??????

It's a radical thought but maybe one who can score some goals?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dougal said:
We def need someone who can score but I'd rather try and get an older player on the way down (loan) rather than another risk of an up and coming. I think we need a bit of experience and a player that has done a bit in his career . Of course finances dic tate but release a couple and I think it would be prudent in the long run to do this

Couldn't agree more

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Mcghee has wasted a decent amount of money that he could have used on a proven striker like lee.

El turi 150k + wages
Ckr 100k + wages

that amount is enough to get a player like lee in, i like ckr and i think he will become a good player however a proven striker was needed in the summer and not one for the future.
He tried to sign Lee. ???

And Parkin. And Eastwood.

It is not as simple as clicking your fingers and players will come running.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
He tried to sign Lee. ???

And Parkin. And Eastwood.

It is not as simple as clicking your fingers and players will come running.

From what I understand they only tried to sign Lee before Cardiff game?

It would also be interesting to see how much money Knight allows Mcghee to have when he has just spent 150k on a bench warmer

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
There is no money.

Sammy Adams (18 years old) at Hastings United has trials at Steua Bucharest and they wanted him but he did not fancy the move. BHAFC were made aware of him but Dean White said the Albion cannot take a chance on the boy as they cannot afford his wages - just shows you how tight money is - the whole budget has been gambled on ones for the future and so far they have not produced the goods for whatever reason.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Not sure about this Byrne guy... everythign looks good about him but how come no one else has snapped him up... certainly has a better back record than Doyle but everyone wanted him, not Byrne

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stinky Kat said:
There is no money.

Sammy Adams (18 years old) at Hastings United has trials at Steua Bucharest and they wanted him but he did not fancy the move. BHAFC were made aware of him but Dean White said the Albion cannot take a chance on the boy as they cannot afford his wages - just shows you how tight money is - the whole budget has been gambled on ones for the future and so far they have not produced the goods for whatever reason.

and whos fault is that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here