Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee trying to sign FOUR players

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
dwayne said:
Well you would have seen Mcghee and Knight talking about trying signing players in the transfer window then, weeks, months ago!!!???!!!

signing no1 in 4 bloody days means NADA

Always talking about signing players... next to no progress on plugging the fcuking obvious gaps in our squad... :angry: :angry:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
B.W. said:
Always talking about signing players... next to no progress on plugging the fcuking obvious gaps in our squad... :angry: :angry:

Totally agree. Dick Tight is always talking about signing players but no sign of the cheque book and pen, not even a blankety blank one!!

DK is full of hot air and doesn't understand the phrase 'speculate to accumulate'. He is reactive not proactive and his lack of business sense amazes me.:shootself

FFS what are our scouts doing apart from 'dib, dib, dib' and what exactly does our Director of Football do? Our set up is a fcuking joke and that is why other clubs always seem to pinch players 'we have been looking to sign' from under our noses - Sidwell, Shipperley, Blackstock spring to mind from the past 2 years or so. :angry:

Can't complain at the effort of Trolley, Jake, Chippy, Mayo etc but we need some quality if we are to get enough points to stay up.

Awaits pro-DK barrage. :salute: Oh and by the way no I haven't been on mars or Uranus since 1997!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The Auditor said:
"We desperately need two or three players and the chairman is working hard to find me the funds for the transfer window.”

So where is he looking? Why haven’t we already got some funds ready? Everyone knows when the window is. We have had those extra seats in for a while now (ie additional funds).

We have offered £30k for Henderson. Villa will want more Especially as Soton want at least £50k for Blayney (who is on his way to Oldham, I believe).

The club is a circus. But who are the clowns?

Didn't Dick drop half a mill under his desk last night?:lolol: :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
binary said:
FFS what are our scouts doing apart from 'dib, dib, dib' and what exactly does our Director of Football do? Our set up is a fcuking joke and that is why other clubs always seem to pinch players 'we have been looking to sign' from under our noses - Sidwell, Shipperley, Blackstock spring to mind from the past 2 years or so. :angry:

In fairness to Hinshlewood I think the title of Director of Football was given to soften the blow of being shifted out of the managers job. He is in fact doing his old job which was Youth Development Director, I guess it is a bit of a face saver by changing the job title.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
binary said:
Totally agree. Dick Tight is always talking about signing players but no sign of the cheque book and pen, not even a blankety blank one!!

DK is full of hot air and doesn't understand the phrase 'speculate to accumulate'. He is reactive not proactive and his lack of business sense amazes me.:shootself

Can't complain at the effort of Trolley, Jake, Chippy, Mayo etc but we need some quality if we are to get enough points to stay up.

Awaits pro-DK barrage. :salute: Oh and by the way no I haven't been on mars or Uranus since 1997!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bowdown:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Seagullible said:
tell me about it, whe're all the youth players breaking into the side :rolleyes:

Only because we are so shite. Other clubs' youngsters are kept out by talent and go out on loan to get their chance of first team football.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
binary said:

What on earth are you talking about? You might not have been on Mars or Uranus but you clearly haven't been following the Albion either.

Sidwell actually played for us: we tried to sign him permanently and matched Reading's offer but he, understandably, preferred to play in a modern stadium rather than a converted athletics stadium. Blackstock also refused to come here. What are the club meant to do - kidnap players?

McGhee has been trying to get a left-back since the summer. You don't find them down Tescos - they have to be persuaded that this is the right place to come. And we're not going to find it easy to compete with our bigger rivals.

And it beggars belief that you can slag off Hinshelwood. He might have been a crap manager but he's worked wonders on the youth team and it's his development of the likes of Harding and Virgo (and Hinsh and Hammond) that's kept this club afloat.

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Gwylan said:
What on earth are you talking about? You might not have been on Mars or Uranus but you clearly haven't been following the Albion either.

Sidwell actually played for us: we tried to sign him permanently and matched Reading's offer but he, understandably, preferred to play in a modern stadium rather than a converted athletics stadium. Blackstock also refused to come here. What are the club meant to do - kidnap players?

McGhee has been trying to get a left-back since the summer. You don't find them down Tescos - they have to be persuaded that this is the right place to come. And we're not going to find it easy to compete with our bigger rivals.

And it beggars belief that you can slag off Hinshelwood. He might have been a crap manager but he's worked wonders on the youth team and it's his development of the likes of Harding and Virgo (and Hinsh and Hammond) that's kept this club afloat.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Seagullible said:
tell me about it, whe're all the youth players breaking into the side :rolleyes:

Fair point but are they really up to it?

I think Hinsh, Hammond, El Abd and the departed Adam Virgo can cut it at this level but Jake, McPhee are Conference at best.

Too early to judge Elphick and Lynch but both OK on the basis of 1 game (well 47 mins for Elphick).

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Gwylan said:

Sidwell actually played for us: we tried to sign him permanently and matched Reading's offer but he, understandably, preferred to play in a modern stadium rather than a converted athletics stadium.

But the fact is we could have got Sidwell by moving in before reading and then made mega bucks by selling him on a la Currie.

He was ours to take but we twiddled our thumbs.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Gwylan said:

Sidwell preferred Reading because our set up is crap (ground, facilities, etc) and Blackstock refused to come here (ditto). You seem to be agreeing with my point.

The club is a laughing stock and we always try to do everything on the cheap. Sometimes you have to spend a little to invest but we dither and others snap up the player.

Hinselwood is Director of Football. They need to either get him to do the job of a Director of Football or change it to what it should be Head of Youth Development. In the latter role I accept that he is doing a good job.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
binary said:
Fair point but are they really up to it?

Jake, Conference at best.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Interesting view...in true NSC land you are not allowed an opinion, therefore you are talking pure shite.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
binary said:
Sidwell preferred Reading because our set up is crap (ground, facilities, etc) and Blackstock refused to come here (ditto). You seem to be agreeing with my point.

The club is a laughing stock and we always try to do everything on the cheap. Sometimes you have to spend a little to invest but we dither and others snap up the player.

Hinselwood is Director of Football. They need to either get him to do the job of a Director of Football or change it to what it should be Head of Youth Development. In the latter role I accept that he is doing a good job.

why does it matter what Hinsh is called? fact is he has bought through some VERY good youngsters over the last few seasons.

incidentally, you blame sidwell not joining on our poor facilities...did you expect us to build a 30k stadium in the few days we were talking to the player to win him over?!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
but we did not attempt to get sidwell until reading moved in. If we had sold the club to him by saying you are in the shop window if a big club comes in we will letr you go for x amount.

We did not get him cause we tried to keep him on loan which funnily enough was the cheaper option

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
the right footed denilson said:
why does it matter what Hinsh is called? fact is he has bought through some VERY good youngsters over the last few seasons.

Yes ...Director of Football ....is more than Director of Youth development ....Has done brilliant as the latter but little evidence of the alround role of the former

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here