Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee trying to sign FOUR players

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Assuming this is true then am I the only one on here who thinks this is worrying?

Knowing full well what our finances are like I would much rather we concentrated our efforts to get ONE decent player that is likely to make a difference than go for four that will be of the quality of Molango, Turenso and Jarret!

We need someone who will make a difference!

Whilst we're at it we can free up further funds by getting rid of McCammon and Dodd!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Auditor said:
"We desperately need two or three players and the chairman is working hard to find me the funds for the transfer window.”

So where is he looking? Why haven’t we already got some funds ready? Everyone knows when the window is. We have had those extra seats in for a while now (ie additional funds).
Are you an auditor by profession?

Then you'll know that those seats involved a capital expenditure for the club. We got some money in the form of grants for those seats, but the rest had to be paid for somewhere. And not all of the seats are in - there's another 1,000 to go. It's a choice, increase the ground capacity, or spend the money on a some players. Unfortunately, it's very hard to do both.

As for 'why haven't we got funds already?', I assume you must have been on Mars since 1997.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
trying no to get hopes up as we've been told we are trying to get these players in since pre season.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The Large One said:
Are you an auditor by profession?

Then you'll know that those seats involved a capital expenditure for the club. We got some money in the form of grants for those seats, but the rest had to be paid for somewhere. And not all of the seats are in - there's another 1,000 to go. It's a choice, increase the ground capacity, or spend the money on a some players. Unfortunately, it's very hard to do both.

As for 'why haven't we got funds already?', I assume you must have been on Mars since 1997.

That is why what funds we do have should be spent on targeting an individual that is likely to actually improve our squad rather then SPUNK it all on players that would struggle to make the Lewes first team. Just so that we can say our squad is bigger.

And if we end up with 'one for the future' a la Molango I will kill someone.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lammy said:
Assuming this is true then am I the only one on here who thinks this is worrying?

Knowing full well what our finances are like I would much rather we concentrated our efforts to get ONE decent player that is likely to make a difference than go for four that will be of the quality of Molango, Turenso and Jarret!

We need someone who will make a difference!

Whilst we're at it we can free up further funds by getting rid of McCammon and Dodd!

Dodd yes, McCammon No.

I dont see the problem people have with McCammon, ok he cant finish for shit but at least he gives 2000% for the club as oppossed to one Short petulant little child.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Just looking in the papers and it seems that Wednesday have signed a left back, Norwich have bid £1.5 million for Rasiak and Premiership clubs want Jansen. So teams around us are buying but if we have no money then surely we should go for loans. There are some good players at premiership clubs, not playinng such as Rossi, Lupoli, Chopra. We could take one of these for the season and then DK can keep all his money as well

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lammy said:
And if we end up with 'one for the future' a la Molango I will kill someone.
Mid-season signings are never 'one for the future', they're always for the 'here and bloody now'. Anyway, Lincoln are paying his wages this season, so it's hardly a disaster for us. We get him back at the end of the season, when, who knows, he may have learned how to get the shit kicked out of him, and we get a much better player back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
Dodd yes, McCammon No.

I dont see the problem people have with McCammon, ok he cant finish for shit but at least he gives 2000% for the club as oppossed to one Short petulant little child.

Because He is a one way ticket to league 1?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:

We've GOT to stop thinking like this otherwise this club is NEVER going to get anywhere.

You can have a whole team of players that try hard but if they aren't good enough you won't win games. I'm not saynig I'd prefer a team of supposed petulant little children but I don't really give a monkeys what attitudes playesr have, if they do the job then they are fine by me.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
DAMANCLAY said:
Dodd yes, McCammon No.

I've never understood this way of thinking.

I could play for the Albion and give 2000% the only trouble is I'm shit a la McCammon.

I would much rather have a Short Petulant little child who couldn't give a toss and even wore a Man Utd shirt under his Brighton kit so long as he also scored 20+ goals a season. Unfortunately we don't have one of those either...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dougal said:
trying no to get hopes up as we've been told we are trying to get these players in since pre season.

errrr and we did:jester:

Incredible, that people are doubting that we'll sign players as we've signed loads over the last few years, the question is, How SHITE will they be!?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lammy said:

I could play for the Albion and give 2000% the only trouble is I'm shit a la McCammon.

I

Dont do yourself down lammy.

I think you are all disloyal bastards. MM knows exactly what he is doing and all you are doing is undermining his position.

You will have the LI's of this world tutting furiously

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
The Large One said:

If we had any intention of spending money in the transfer window surely that would have been earmarked/ringfenced ready rather than "surprise the transfer window is open have we got any money to spend" approach

No I havent been on mars...Ive been spending my time/cash supporting the Albion

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Auditor said:
If we had any intention of spending money in the transfer window surely that would have been earmarked/ringfenced ready rather than "surprise the transfer window is open have we got any money to spend" approach

Those seats should have been in 18 months ago, but we were held up by an embarrassing amount of red tape, plus a spiteful Withdean neighbour and a bumbling city council. It's very difficult to budget when money you had put aside has to go on something else because your original plan has been cocked up by matters beyond your control.

Plus, we now have further expense because of bloody Lewes District Council's petulence and stupidity. The Albion have been cited as a co-defendant, and Jonathan Clay QC does not come cheap.

So, yes, of course the club knew that the transfer window was opening, but that doesn't automatically mean that the money is suddenly going to appear out of thin air.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Auditor said:

Well you would have seen Mcghee and Knight talking about trying signing players in the transfer window then, weeks, months ago!!!???!!!

signing no1 in 4 bloody days means NADA

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll believe it when I see it... we have been told we will be signing a lb since the summer... nothing as yet... we've been told we are after a central midfielder too... nothing as yet... and the auditor is right, the club should know whether they have money to sepnd in the window BEFORE the window opens... as usual, too slow, reactive, rather than proactive... meanwhile, our rivals steam ahead and sign the players they need... very, very, very frustrating... :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here