Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee spot on in the Argus

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yorkie said:
It hasn't gone quiet. Someone posted on here that Jake was getting a bawling out just last week. His head is dropping more and more every time I see him.

I hope he comes good but I think he overacheived. (hope I am wrong though - though I have never yet been on here )

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Spielberg said:
Yes I have AND ???

Yeovil are in Div 1 Leeds are in the Championship and your point is

I believe his 'read it again' was aimed at Kinks not you.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
HELLO, CROWDS ARE MUCH WORSE IN THIS DIVISION, IE DIV 1 UNDER WILKINS THAN MCGHEE NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I REAPEAT NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I REPEAT NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP, SHALL I EXPLAIN FURTHER IF YOU ARE UNSURE, NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP BUT THIS DIVISION IE THIS YEAR, IE SEASON 2006/2007 , SPOT THE BRAIN CELL :shootself

Us tell us what did Mcghees cock taste like when you were sucking it

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
kestrel said:

Well cant complain, a decent well thought out discussion about MM lasted till page 9.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
kestrel said:

Not too good as it had the taste of your arse on it

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
No BOF, crowds in this division are much worse, McGhee was getting 6500 - 7000 per annum in his first 3 games
That comment actually makes THE MOST sense out of all your posts.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Spielberg said:
HELLO, CROWDS ARE MUCH WORSE IN THIS DIVISION, IE DIV 1 UNDER WILKINS THAN MCGHEE NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I REAPEAT NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I REPEAT NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP, SHALL I EXPLAIN FURTHER IF YOU ARE UNSURE, NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP BUT THIS DIVISION IE THIS YEAR, IE SEASON 2006/2007 , SPOT THE BRAIN CELL :shootself

You should have explained properly. I knew what you meant. There are all sorts of reasons why crowds have dwindled since three years ago.
> The economy.
> Lack of interest due to expenses over the last few years on visiting Withdean. Fed up with the place after 8 years ???
> Away attendances are generally very poor, from recollection the visitors used to bring more than they do now.
> A poor showing in the World Cup has affected attendances all over the country.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
You should have explained properly. I knew what you meant. There are all sorts of reasons why crowds have dwindled since three years ago.
> The economy.
> Lack of interest due to expenses over the last few years on visiting Withdean. Fed up with the place after 8 years ???
> Away attendances are generally very poor, from recollection the visitors used to bring more than they do now.
> A poor showing in the World Cup has affected attendances all over the country.

He was talking about this year mate. Not 3 years ago.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Barrel of Fun said:
Spielberg does tend to do things the hard way.
That's just dawned on you? Have you seen The Terminal?!?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
MOH you just cannot resist the unnecessary wind ups can you

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
MOH you just cannot resist the unnecessary wind ups can you
:thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
I was putting reasons down for why the attendances might be lower this year, as opposed to the same division under McGhee.

Well then it surely would have been the same for both managers?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Spielberg said:
Not too good as it had the taste of your arse on it

top comebacking

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
it is the only Spielberg film I have never seen, it seems to be a love/hate film but with 7.1 on imdb, a lot of people love it, its an AI scenario but I rate AI very highly and think in time it will be acclaimed as a masterpiece and by the way the much maligned ending was Kubrik's vision not Spielberg's

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Man of Harveys said:
That's just dawned on you? Have you seen The Terminal?!?

:lolol:

Da Man Clay said:
Well then it surely would have been the same for both managers?

Not necessarily. The economical climate is different for a start and I think plenty of people have FINALLY had enough of Withdean and paying £23 or more to watch a game.

I don't think it has got anything to do with having either Wilkins or McGhee in charge, which is what Spielberg was implying.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
:lolol:

Not necessarily. The economical climate is different for a start and I think plenty of people have FINALLY had enough of Withdean and paying £23 or more to watch a game.

I don't think it has got anything to do with having either Wilkins or McGhee in charge, which is what Spielberg was implying.

hmm, I dont think it has changed that much in the time since McGhee has left. If people were fed up at paying the 23 quid then they probably wouldn't have turned up at the start of the season (especially as MM was playing quite negative football).
I have no idea what the reason is for the poor attendances, Maybe people have got fed up with Knight choosing the cheap option?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
The club could/should approach those, by letter, that are no longer turning up. There must be some record of attendance and you would think it is crucial to discover the reasons...

Agreed, Its difficult to do that though as I suppose a section of people get tickets off friends and relatives ect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here