Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Must Stay - Argus comment

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Les Biehn said:
Very good point Blockhseagull. Do the MM out Holloway in camp think that volatile muppet would have poked up with that.

Nope

I think MM is a safe pair of hands, us being relegated wasn't his doing and i think people are unable to accept that right now we can't cope in the championship and it has to be someones fault

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
Les Biehn said:
No its not stupid or blinkered it is realistic. Coppell, Taylor and MM were all names in the hat before the previous manager had actually left. For example when we knew Coppell was going MM was talked about as a viable alternative that a lot of people thought would be a decent appointment. There currently is no one of that ilk.

Bollocks

MM was still at Millwall when Coppell left ... he was a very very late entrant onto the short list when he left Millwall during Bob Booker's brief tenure.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Don't get me wrong MM has his faults, I'm not LI ya know. But despite his occasionally bizarre team selection and potentially questionable man management skills on the whole he has bought stability, experience and some decent signings to the Withdean. I don't rate many managers at being able to do a decent job, let alone a decent job here. They all make f*** ups, but at least with MM you pretty much know what you are gonna get which frankly is what we need.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
the Realist said:
Bollocks

MM was still at Millwall when Coppell left ... he was a very very late entrant onto the short list when he left Millwall during Bob Booker's brief tenure.

I think we have covered this already? Have we not?

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
blockhseagull said:
We also asked to speak to Danny Wilson i remember so that would have cost.

The point is at the time there were some good managers to be had... can't think of too many out of work at the moment

Mick McCarthy
Peter Reid
Martin O'Neill (!)
George Graham

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
The Large One said:
No, it isn't.

Do you need those who attended the kit sponsors' dinner to remind you of the excellent team spirit once again?

Gawd you keep banging that drum and yet you forget these are PROFESSIONAL footballers and (apart from one or two obvious exceptions) act PROFESSIONALLY when on official club occasions.

Do you really expect them to walk around at the Sponsors dinner moaning about what a wanker the manager is ???

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
Les Biehn said:
I think we have covered this already? Have we not?

sorry - but hard wto follow everything in a six page thread where four of the pages have been added in around 30 minutes :eek:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
I don't think that there is a lack of alternatives at all, but right now I couldn't give a toss because I am quite happy with the manager we've got. :D :D :D

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
the Realist said:
Gawd you keep banging that drum and yet you forget these are PROFESSIONAL footballers and (apart from one or two obvious exceptions) act PROFESSIONALLY when on official club occasions.

Do you really expect them to walk around at the Sponsors dinner moaning about what a wanker the manager is ???
One or two of them did at the previous year's dinner. Having said that, they don't have to say they think he is a good bloke either, do they? You think they would be insulting enough to outright LIE to supporters face-to-face?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
And he is essentially working with a load of higly paid kids.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ernest said:
Funny how for years Randy Naylor was the biggest hate figure on NSC now he is the lapdogs hero, I'm glad Magoo has the support of a tinpot journalist as he hasn't got much support in the boardroom.

And you evidence for this o pointless one?

Last edited:

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
The Large One said:
One or two of them did at the previous year's dinner. Having said that, they don't have to say they think he is a good bloke either, do they? You think they would be insulting enough to outright LIE to supporters face-to-face?

YES ... although it's not lying, it's called being PROFESSIONAL about things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here