Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Must Stay - Argus comment

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Holloway is shit, more erratic team selection than MM. I would be surprised if McCarthy would come here, despite the improvements at Withdean and a young team he would have no money and the now very tiresome ongoing Falmer saga. Dowie was highly rated due to his time at Oldham where he done a very good job despite all their financial troubles.

At present clubs with a higher profile are unlikely to take a punt on McCarthy due to what has happened at Sunderland. However the more likely scenario is that he will go back to Millwall.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I wouldn't mind but for al the hype he has never done a great job with QPR, and with more money than us. Look at Watford, Bothroyd has done a better job there on about the same budget, restrictions etc...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Holloway is a BEAUTY for starters and might not alienate half the fans like MCGOO seems to of.

He might also play people in their PROPER positions...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
McCarthy also had a good record of unearthing players from lower leagues. But he wouldn't come here.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Les Biehn said:
I wouldn't mind but for al the hype he has never done a great job with QPR, and with more money than us. Look at Watford, Bothroyd has done a better job there on about the same budget, restrictions etc...

Has he?

He had nearly £2m to spend in the Summer.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:

Well Holloway took them up and has kept them up for the last 2 seasons. Last summer he spent around 150k on a defender and brought in a few frees, we spent more than that and got relegated.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
Well Holloway took them up and has kept them up for the last 2 seasons. Last summer he spent around 150k on a defender and brought in a few frees, we spent more than that and got relegated.

But we also lost £3m worth of players, and were not able to replace them due to our restrictions.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Richie Morris said:

He might also play people in their PROPER positions...
NO,no he wouldn't......that was one of the main gripes of the QPR fans........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here