Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Roll on January then.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
nobody's dupe said:
Get rid of Mark McGhee now during December, Scot? No son. It's too late. You need to change a manager by the end of October

So would that be on the back of beating Palace at their Gaff getting a point away at Sheff Wednesday and a draw at home with Ipswich?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
Who bothers with the phone in? Most of the people at the game don't as they are in cars or trying to get home.

What's this? Their opinions don't count because they differ from yours?

You've got your head firmly in the sand if you don't think a substantial number of people would happily see the back of McGhee.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You've got your head firmly in the sand if you don't think a substantial number of people would happily see the back of McGhee.

We have always had a bunch of moaning bastards at Brighton (I think they use to sit in the West Stand at the Goldstone ;) )

So who would you bring in? Made me laugh on the phone-in somebody suggesting Roy Keane .. ... I mean come on :lolol:

Why don't the moaning supporters spend more time getting behind the team than slating them. You can hear certain people moaning week in - week out at Withdean. Its just the way they are - Unfortunately.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
Who bothers with the phone in? Most of the people at the game don't as they are in cars or trying to get home.

we always ring the phone in after an away game

the thing last season was that mcghee had done well to keep the side up when he had no money, so people supported him all the way. this season though he has had money to spend, and blown it, and as everyone keeps harping on about or "lack of resources", it makes it even worse that mcghee blew a large portion on turienzo

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Caveman said:
So who would you bring in? Made me laugh on the phone-in somebody suggesting Roy Keane .. ... I mean come on :lolol:

This is, of course, the problem - there aren't many viable options.

However, this speaks volumes for the job McGhee's doing if the main argument for his defence is that no-one better is available.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The only way a small club can hope to punch above it's weight is by getting a decent manager and STICKING WITH HIM through thick and thin. There are some classic examples out there - Charlton, Crewe, Wigan..... When you have few resources the last thing you need is a change of manager every two or three years. We have been incredibly lucky that the enforced changes over the past 5 years haven't done damage - thankfully we've had DK, who has appointed four amazingly good managers (Adams, Taylor, Coppell, McGhee). In each case the name of the game was to build the whole club over a period of 5 to 10 years, with the watch-word being stability. That's why people like Booker and Hinshelwood are still around.
Stability is still DK's objective. McGhee still needs (and deserves) more time. Personally, I'd be amazed if DK was thinking of sacking McGhee, even if we go down.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Caveman said:

:lolol: :lolol:

that was kaney, just prior to suggesting clive woodward could do a job as manager

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
nobody's dupe said:
Were you at Plymouth? The score flattered Argyle that day. Contrary to what you say we played well against them!

We were f***ed by the ref and linos at that game. Today our own manager stuffed us before a ball was even kicked.

Yes I was there, and you think that Chippy deserved to stay on?? At least Elphick and the ref fell for the ginger twat....whereas Chippy gave him no choice.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jim in the West said:
The only way a small club can hope to punch above it's weight is by getting a decent manager and STICKING WITH HIM through thick and thin. There are some classic examples out there - Charlton, Crewe, Wigan..... When you have few resources the last thing you need is a change of manager every two or three years. We have been incredibly lucky that the enforced changes over the past 5 years haven't done damage - thankfully we've had DK, who has appointed four amazingly good managers (Adams, Taylor, Coppell, McGhee). In each case the name of the game was to build the whole club over a period of 5 to 10 years, with the watch-word being stability. That's why people like Booker and Hinshelwood are still around.
Stability is still DK's objective. McGhee still needs (and deserves) more time. Personally, I'd be amazed if DK was thinking of sacking McGhee, even if we go down.

:clap: :clap:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Jim in the West said:
Wigan, no money? ???

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
why ask for mcghee to leave................................................................................anyone remember a certain mickey adams under pressure for not getting results for us :rolleyes:

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:clap: :clap: miiidddoooo :p i tried ringin ya befor the match yesterday mate, went on2 answer fone :(

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
KinkyGoebels said:
Wigan, no money? ???

It's not just money which has got them where they are - the main reason for their success is sticking with Paul Jewell, especially about four or five years ago in his first season in the old Second Division.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£25 million was their budget (I believe) and well spent by Jewell.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
wigans success is in there team work. they have no 'big named' players

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
only1robbiereinalt said:
wigans success is in there team work. they have no 'big named' players
And that they bought half a new team and can do so again in January if they feel like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here