Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee IN!!

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Sack McGhee, fine?

Who would we get in though?

We have up to now been pretty lucky with our appointments and DK has always done well with his choices bar the one obvious mistake.

But lets be honest, what manager with a proven track record would want this job?
There is no one available, if we made a change we cannot realistically go for anyone under contract so that would leave out of work guys only.

George Burley? Sorry he is not that daft, the albion job as it stands is a hiding to nothing. Think about it objectively, what decent manager would want to take on a club in the bottom three with no money or stadium? How would a new guy change things at the minute?

No I think that our future sits more squarely with DK and the board. Somehow, they need to find a reasonable pot of money to give McGhee a chance to keep us up.

To allow us to be relegated when we are in sight of the finish with Falmer would be foolish. We could spend fortunes trying to get back out of League One in a couple of years time with no certainty of success.

No like it or not, our best chance is to back McGhee with funds and hope that it is enough.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
BensGrandad said:
With half a team or even 3 new players we would improve drastically.

Its not always the players, the manager, training staff have a great deal with the play. McGhee and coaches have no idea.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
caz said:
Its not always the players, the manager, training staff have a great deal with the play. McGhee and coaches have no idea.

:salute:

Repugnant Toad said:
It wasn't like that though, was it? Have another look - Oatway simply cocked up.

He could have done better - but I wonder if you said the same thing about McShane's OG. I'm willing to bet you didn't.

KinkyGoebels said:
50-50 on the phone in yesterday, people are turning

:lolol:

Given those phone -in clowns have been against McGhee about 80:20 for the past few years, I can only conclude McGhee's support is going up :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
He could have done better - but I wonder if you said the same thing about McShane's OG. I'm willing to bet you didn't.

Manly as mcshane didnt have a great deal of time, oatway did

KinkyGoebels said:
Manly as mcshane didnt have a great deal of time, oatway did

Well, actually Charlie had a far more difficult angle of clearance as the ball was much nearer the goal-line. They both had the same amount of time as McShane's cross wasn't hit any harder. They both of course made the same mistake as they couldn't be sure what was behind them and had to get some connection.

But how typical of Mr Double Standards like you to defend McShane and scapegoat Charlie - you couldn't make it up :lolol:

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:glare: everyone makes mistakes

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
London Irish said:
He prefers players who hasn't been out with a serious injury for a year? Funny that!

I'll let you into a "little secret" only known to the readers of the Argus. Kuipers will be back in goal for us very shortly.

There's another "little secret" only known to readers of tonight's Argus.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Infernal Optimist said:
Sack McGhee, fine?

Who would we get in though?

We have up to now been pretty lucky with our appointments and DK has always done well with his choices bar the one obvious mistake.

But lets be honest, what manager with a proven track record would want this job?
There is no one available, if we made a change we cannot realistically go for anyone under contract so that would leave out of work guys only.

George Burley? Sorry he is not that daft, the albion job as it stands is a hiding to nothing. Think about it objectively, what decent manager would want to take on a club in the bottom three with no money or stadium? How would a new guy change things at the minute?

No I think that our future sits more squarely with DK and the board. Somehow, they need to find a reasonable pot of money to give McGhee a chance to keep us up.

To allow us to be relegated when we are in sight of the finish with Falmer would be foolish. We could spend fortunes trying to get back out of League One in a couple of years time with no certainty of success.

No like it or not, our best chance is to back McGhee with funds and hope that it is enough.

Danny Wilson

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
40 notes quiz thing YEH

any excuse for piss up

but pls keep that scarey man with the dodgy hair cut and beard with the microphone away from me please :clap:

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:bounce:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
London Irish said:
He prefers players who hasn't been out with a serious injury for a year? Funny that!

I'll let you into a "little secret" only known to the readers of the Argus. Kuipers will be back in goal for us very shortly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here