Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee IN!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
nobody's dupe said:
Christ knows what today's experience has done for the moral of young Gary. He should never have been there! A boy was sent in to do a man's job today, and all for the ego of his manager. No doubt it will be Hinsh and Deano who will be left to pick up the pieces.

Cobblers.

Elphick signed professional forms over a year ago after being brilliantly nurtured through the youth ranks by Deano and Hinsh. There is no way that McGhee would have picked him if he didn't think he was ready. And he would have found out if he was ready by talking to Hinsh and Deano first.

Plus, if the lad is feeling low, the rest of the team will be there to pick him up. Can you imagine a scenario of Charlie Oatway let anyone run the lad down?

Unfortunate start to his professional career, but he will learn from it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Comparing the 2002/03 team with now is futile.
We've had to spend so much more money on another public inquiry since then. We are losing thousands of pounds by playing at Withdean.

Injuries don't help. We are still playing with loan keepers 11 months after losing both of ours.
Do you know of any other team in the league who don't have a keeper?

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Yorkie said:
Injuries don't help. We are still playing with loan keepers 11 months after losing both of ours.
Do you know of any other team in the league who don't have a keeper?

Erm. Isn't the boy at Boston ours?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
nobody's dupe said:
Erm. Isn't the boy at Boston ours?

Indeed but he has been injured since last Jan. He's only just getting match fit.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
nobody's dupe said:
If he's fit enough to play in a league team, he's fit enough to play for us.

not atall, needs to get stronger from his injury by playing lower league. it would be :censored: ing stupid to throw him in at this level

nobody's dupe said:
Were you at Plymouth? The score flattered Argyle that day. Contrary to what you say we played well against them!

Yes, I was at Plymouth - and that's why I know you're talking garbage.

Both games were very similar, bad errors by Albion players in defensive situations, and rotten decisions by the officials and a sending off screwing any hope of a recovery up.

But you know the real difference "Dupe".

One game was against fellow relegation strugglers and one was against a team that will be playing Premiership football next season. Get some perspective you goon.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
only1robbiereinalt said:
not atall, needs to get stronger from his injury by playing lower league. it would be :censored: ing stupid to throw him in at this level

You have dealt to the teams in other leagues a large insult. He's fit enough for them, but not fit enough for us?

Michel is at Boston because McGhee prefers Henderson and Blayney.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:

Both games were very similar, bad errors by Albion players in defensive situations, and rotten decisions by the officials and a sending off screwing any hope of a recovery up.

I would agree with that to a point. For the first 25 mins or so today we did ok. The own goal and the dodgy pen were the deciding factors.
At Plymouth we never looked like taking control at any time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
nobody's dupe said:
You have dealt to the teams in other leagues a large insult. He's fit enough for them, but not fit enough for us?

Rubbish. He needs match practice. If he's going to f*** up because he is unfit, McGhee would rather he did that somewhere else.

nobody's dupe said:

He prefers players who hasn't been out with a serious injury for a year? Funny that!

I'll let you into a "little secret" only known to the readers of the Argus. Kuipers will be back in goal for us very shortly.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
The Large One said:
If he's going to f*** up because he is unfit, McGhee would rather he did that somewhere else.

McGhee thinks that he fucks up with his kicking anyway. That's why he is at Boston and not in a Brighton jersey.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Blayney goes back to Southampton after Friday's game.

Michel is our keeper until January and if he has another injury then we have Chaigneau.
And you're worried now? :eek:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Yorkie said:
Blayney goes back to Southampton after Friday's game.

Michel is our keeper until January and if he has another injury then we have Chaigneau.
And you're worried now? :eek:

Sounds as though you are lass.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There is no shame in losing to the top team, especially with 10 men for half of it.

If this admitted tonking had happened in a fifth round FA Cup match, away, against a mid-table Premiership side, we'd have pocketed our share of the gate, shrugged and marched on...and that's basically what happened today -- execpt for the shrugging and marching on.

Under present circumstances BHA just staying up each year requires winning the equivalent of two or three FA Cup fourth round upsets a year.

BHA flew into the perfect storm today, and under those circumstances, as skipper you push every button and throw every switch on the instrument panel, and pray.

Most of the time you just fly into the mountainside anyways... it's not the pushing of the buttons and the throwing of the switches that does you in, it's the fecking mountainside.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here