Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee - Did he get it Right or Wrong by dropping Leon?

Right or Wrong to drop Leon?

• Right

Votes: 91 84.3%
  • Wrong

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters

E

enigma

Race said:
All MM did was state as to why he had dropped a player, it was hardly dragged through the press and made into a big deal. You all wanted to know the reason why he hadnt travelled for that game, and you got your answer. :)

Maybe it was just people on here made a big deal. I always think the things are better not discussed, but then honesty can be the best policy.

I do think he was justified though, Leon played well on Sunday and hopefully this will give him the kick up the arse he needed. Leon deserves credit for reacting like this, even if he was silly in the first place.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Albion Dan said:
Judging by Races comments it seems that the majority of the team supported McGhees stance on this,

How do u work that one out?!! I read The Argus and I've read what has been posted on here thats all, nothing to do with the players whatsoever.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What about at the first Palace game?

Yes. Thats the only other exeption where he did not stop running no matter where the ball was going.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He has been playing that that most the year its just some people dislike him so much you dont notice it.
I could not believe my ears when people where slagging him off on sunday.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
He has been playing that that most the year its just some people dislike him so much you dont notice it.
I could not believe my ears when people where slagging him off on sunday.

I dont dislike him i think he is the best player we have! Sunday he was awesome. he just has a bit of an attitude problem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
undecided :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
a) the sun shines out of Leon and he can do no wrong
b) the sun shines out of McGhee and he can do no wrong

The answer lies somewhere in between

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Right. He came back with something to prove.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
a) the sun shines out of Leon and he can do no wrong
b) the sun shines out of McGhee and he can do no wrong

The answer lies somewhere in between

I think the fact mcghee has flamed two more players in the press shows he is not the greatest at media handling

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Right. Why do people think its ok for Leon to act like he is more important than the team. If he was getting more goals then maybe but 5 for the season does not add up to a star striker.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Right. Why do people think its ok for Leon to act like he is more important than the team. If he was getting more goals then maybe but 5 for the season does not add up to a star striker.

But where has he acted that he is more important with the team. He was frustrated that he went off and was wrong to shun McGhee in the way he did and has been publicly humilated for it. However it can be argued that his frustration at coming off showed a will to win that is maybe lacking in some.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Undermining the authority of the manager, drawing adverse attention to himself, implying that other players arn't good enough to come on for him. Apart from that he is the model professional.

I like Leon and think he is a very talented player, all my family are Chelsea supporters and I have followed his career since his time there. But if he started concentrating on playing football more than acting like a prima donna I reckon he would have a few more goals by now. I'm not looking to slag him off its more just frustration at a player with an abundance of ability.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Undermining the authority of the manager, drawing adverse attention to himself, implying that other players arn't good enough to come on for him. Apart from that he is the model professional.

I like Leon and think he is a very talented player, all my family are Chelsea supporters and I have followed his career since his time there. But if he started concentrating on playing football more than acting like a prima donna I reckon he would have a few more goals by now. I'm not looking to slag him off its more just frustration at a player with an abundance of ability.

Maybe if we played to his strengths he would have more goals?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Right so its the teams fault he falls over like a tart, sits on the ground like a spoilt brat and shows a petulant attitude. Perhaps HE should play to his strengths rather than sulking when things arn't going his way.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Right so its the teams fault he falls over like a tart, sits on the ground like a spoilt brat and shows a petulant attitude. Perhaps HE should play to his strengths rather than sulking when things arn't going his way.

What all the things that he has tried to cut out of his game this year? He has tried to stay on his feet, he has shown a better work ethic and tracked back. However it does not get round the fact that last year he was either stuck on the wing or watching the ball sail 3 feet over his head. This season, too often crosses have been in the air and at 5'5" he is not going to beat 6'2" centre backs. However such as on Sunday for the first goal, the cross was threaded on the ground for him and he scored. That is called playing to a players strengths. Coppell did it with Knight and Knight scored about 12 goals in those opening games (cue argument about lower league), McGhee has not done it with Knight and so you have seen a poor return. Still I am sure that Le Supermarch Chariot will make all the difference.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
However such as on Sunday for the first goal, the cross was threaded on the ground for him and he scored. That is called playing to a players strengths. Coppell did it with Knight and Knight scored about 12 goals in those opening games (cue argument about lower league), McGhee has not done it with Knight and so you have seen a poor return. Still I am sure that Le Supermarch Chariot will make all the difference.

Dead right. And Magoo being a striker himself should know this. The fact that he doesnt means he should go.

Magoo out :angry: :angry: :angry:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
What all the things that he has tried to cut out of his game this year? He has tried to stay or his feet, he has shown a better work ethic and tracked back. However it does not get round the fact that last year he was either stuck on the wing or watching the ball sail 3 feet over his head. This season, too often crosses have been in the air and at 5'5" he is not going to beat 6'2" centre backs. However such as on Sunday for the first goal, the cross was threaded on the ground for him and he scored. That is called playing to a players strengths. Coppell did it with Knight and Knight scored about 12 goals in those opening games (cue argument about lower league), McGhee has not done it with Knight and so you have seen a poor return. Still I am sure that Le Supermarch Chariot will make all the difference.

I couldn't agree with you more on the fact that Knight will never prosper with lump it tactics and he has tried to improve his attitude this year. But neither will Robinson or Kazim-Richards do well with this style of play and you don't see them throwing their arms up in disgust at being substituted. I believe with the right tactics and his current attitude Knight will get 15 goals a season, with an attitude similar to the likes of McShane and Hammond I feel he would get 20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here