Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee - Did he get it Right or Wrong by dropping Leon?

Right or Wrong to drop Leon?

• Right

Votes: 91 84.3%
  • Wrong

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Dragging it through the press is where he got it wrong, it should have been kept internal. Has Ferguson gone running to the press over Keane, if you watch yesterday's press conference he refused to talk about the Keane incident.

I think thats were he got it right. It made Knight stupid and i think thats what he needed. Does anyone think he would have managed to bag two goals sunday had he not been dropped at Stoke?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Is that sarcastic? Cant really tell.

Yes.

Knight's two goals were scored because of him having a good game (as he did against Palace the first time round), not as a reaction to being dropped.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Yes.

Knight's two goals were scored because of him having a good game (as he did against Palace the first time round), not as a reaction to being dropped.

Possibly but i think it was a reaction he went out to prove a point and he did, I fancy him to score tonight aswell.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
IDoes anyone think he would have managed to bag two goals sunday had he not been dropped at Stoke?

Yes. He wasn't playing any better or working any harder than he has been in almost every other game this season. He just had that bit of luck that's been missing on other occasions - that's a striker's lot.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
I think thats were he got it right. It made Knight stupid and i think thats what he needed. Does anyone think he would have managed to bag two goals sunday had he not been dropped at Stoke?

But these things should be kept internally, there is no need to drag it through the press and it can have a negative effect on team morale. But then I guess so can this quote about Mayo;

"I feel at the moment Kerry (Mayo) is not right for that job, so we are looking there."

I can accept that the Hart comment has been taken out of context, but it does not seem right criticising players in the press. I remember when Cork and Adams slagged Cameron off in the Argus after a game at Hull, a section of support was livid, yet McGhee is using the press to criticise players and too many people think it is OK. As I said before, Ferguson has chosen to keep the Keane affair internally and to me that is how these things should be done.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
Yes. He wasn't playing any better or working any harder than he has been in almost every other game this season. He just had that bit of luck that's been missing on other occasions - that's a striker's lot.

I dissagree there was no flaing of the arms and falling flat on the floor pretending he was f***ing dead. He did not stop running even when he had almost no chance of reaching the ball he would chase it. He has not done that a lot this season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
I dissagree there was no flaing of the arms and falling flat on the floor pretending he was f***ing dead. He did not stop running even when he had almost no chance of reaching the ball he would chase it. He has not done that a lot this season.

What about at the first Palace game?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Uncle Buck said:
As I said before, Ferguson has chosen to keep the Keane affair internally and to me that is how these things should be done.

Thats until one of them decides to write their 'new' autobiography and tell all in detail, not stupid are they :)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:

Knight this season has been a very different player to last season. He has not really been falling over and claiming he has a dislocated ear at every opportunity. The only time he has been moody was probably that Wolves game and although his reaction was wrong, it can be viewed as frustration to being subbed, as he felt he could still do something in the game and wanted to win. But at the same time he should not have reacted the way he did, but then McGhee should not have dealt with it in the press.

E

enigma

I think McGhee had the right idea, but handled it wrong. Leon needed a kick up the arse, but taking it public was wrong, these things should be kept private.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Easy 10 said:
And therefore has carte-blanche to behave exactly how he pleases to his work colleagues, and still be guaranteed his place in the team ?

???

No, but McGee is supposed to be the MANAGER - he should manage is staff properly, and not make it into a media circus.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
enigma said:
I think McGhee had the right idea, but handled it wrong. Leon needed a kick up the arse, but taking it public was wrong, these things should be kept private.

All MM did was state as to why he had dropped a player, it was hardly dragged through the press and made into a big deal. You all wanted to know the reason why he hadnt travelled for that game, and you got your answer. :)

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Race said:
All MM did was state as to why he had dropped a player, it was hardly dragged through the press and made into a big deal. You all wanted to know the reason why he hadnt travelled for that game, and you got your answer. :)

Racy...will you stop being so bloody reasonable. You should know this is NSC Witchhunt board

I for one recon that is Mcghee's style.....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Judging by Races comments it seems that the majority of the team supported McGhees stance on this, i have also heard the most of the team think Leon is a twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here