Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee - Did he get it Right or Wrong by dropping Leon?

Right or Wrong to drop Leon?

• Right

Votes: 91 84.3%
  • Wrong

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leon's goal return pre-tantrum was piss poor. McGhee puts his foot down and lets him know who's boss = 2 goals.

I fully expect Leon to score many more in the next 17 matches than he did in first 17 matches, and that will be partly due to McGhee's decisive action - that will be the proof if any is needed.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
DAMANCLAY said:
I dont see how many people can say wrong. Please explain why.

Because if you look back at previous posts its the same old little gang of people who constantly moan, are negative, slag off Mcghee and worship leons arse regardless of what he does.

It also seems that most of them know each other and travel away together a bit, call it a mini Anti Mcghee clique I suppose. :p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
3gulls said:
Because he is the only proven striker at the club! Simple. :p
And therefore has carte-blanche to behave exactly how he pleases to his work colleagues, and still be guaranteed his place in the team ?

???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Did people react differently when McCammon got in a strop?

What about how much better Brighton performed in the long run getting rid of Maskell, McDonald, Mundee. Cant quite remember who got the sack. Team spirit is essential.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Because in my opinion it cost us leaving our most creative player out at Stoke and dragging the incident via the press did McGhee no favours.

But then I do not believe the sun shines out of his arse, like some on here.

To be honest even if we had Leon i think we still would have been beaten at Stoke. What he did was got Leon to think about hi actions he was probably so embarrssed by the whole public argument and being left out the squad he wanted to prove himself to everyone again. Had he played at Stoke then we would have looked a LOT worse against Palace

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Did people react differently when McCammon got in a strop?

What about how much better Brighton performed in the long run getting rid of Maskell, McDonald, Mundee. Cant quite remember who got the sack. Team spirit is essential.

Nobody got the sack for that one, settlements were reached with them as we could not continue to employ them due to the rather large contracts that they were on. Still nothing like rewriting history.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
To be honest even if we had Leon i think we still would have been beaten at Stoke. What he did was got Leon to think about hi actions he was probably so embarrssed by the whole public argument and being left out the squad he wanted to prove himself to everyone again.

I don't think Leon was embarrassed at all. MM was spot on dropping him-it's pretty bad that one of our top players has to be dropped and publicly berated to turn his attitude temporarily around.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Because if you look back at previous posts its the same old little gang of people who constantly moan, are negative, slag off Mcghee and worship leons arse regardless of what he does.

It also seems that most of them know each other and travel away together a bit, call it a mini Anti Mcghee clique I suppose. :p

Might be feeling a tad parnoid, but I am guessing that is aimed at me. Well for the record, of the lot I travel to most away games with, only 2 of them are even near regular posters on here. We must be a really secret cyber clique as 90% do not even post on here and some of them would struggle to know how to find this site.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
Nobody got the sack for that one, settlements were reached with them as we could not continue to employ them due to the rather large contracts that they were on. Still nothing like rewriting history.

I am sure they were asked to leave as they were destroying team spirit. Boasting about how much they earned etc. I am positive I read that somewhere.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bwian said:
I don't think Leon was embarrassed at all. MM was spot on dropping him-it's pretty bad that one of our top players has to be dropped and publicly berated to turn his attitude temporarily around.

Emarrassed may be the wrong word. But it gave him a kick up the backside. Leon deserved the punishment he got and hopefully he has learned his lesson.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I am sure they were asked to leave as they were destroying team spirit. Boasting about how much they earned etc. I am positive I read that somewhere.

Well the official line was that we could not afford to keep them on and so settlements were agreed. I doubt you would have got rid of the lot if you did not have to, as although we were crap that season, when they went we had next to nothing left, although were safe in the fact that Doncaster were never going to recover.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Uncle Buck said:
Might be feeling a tad parnoid, but I am guessing that is aimed at me. Well for the record, of the lot I travel to most away games with, only 2 of them are even near regular posters on here. We must be a really secret cyber clique as 90% do not even post on here and some of them would struggle to know how to find this site.

Paranoid indeed. I was thinking of others but it is apparent you also know them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
I have inherited Kinky this season on the odd trip,

Does he follow the Albion because he was sacked by Spurs for moaning (hard to believe that could happen to anyone at Spurs as the whole crowd moans)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Does he follow the Albion because he was sacked by Spurs for moaning (hard to believe that could happen to anyone at Spurs as the whole crowd moans)

He watches the Albion an awful lot more than he does Spurs. I do not notice his moaning at away games for 2 reasons. One I never sit with the youth that make up some good and some very odd chants and secondly I am normally hammered, so the day passes me by more often than not. The problem with Stoke was I did not drink enough.

In fairness I think with Kinky people bite a wee bit too easily.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
McGhee was definiately right to drop Knight as he obviously knew that Knight would score those goals.

What a guy!

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
acting like a seven year old when your a grown man desrves to be treated in the way MM did, i like his style, and the Leon bags not only for the resrves but two against Palace, he even knew what he had done wrong

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
McGhee was definiately right to drop Knight as he obviously knew that Knight would score those goals.

What a guy!

Is that sarcastic? Cant really tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here