Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mccormack in talks

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Surely Gus would have to swallow a big slice of humble pie if he lets CMS go - after all didn't Gus say he was building a side around CMS?

Would be more of a statement of intent if we sign a new striker while retaining CMS as well, which is how I hope it will turn out (plus the midfielder we are expecting too).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Surely Gus would have to swallow a big slice of humble pie if he lets CMS go - after all didn't Gus say he was building a side around CMS?

Would be more of a statement of intent if we sign a new striker while retaining CMS as well, which is how I hope it will turn out (plus the midfielder we are expecting too).

Hmm..I thought he was building a side around Vicente ...hmm maybe they all get a turn lol

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Crippled Palarse 2010 have told their supporters that McCormack is signing for them for £850K ???

£850k pmsl,,,,,that just proves that anyone can make a bid for a player but at the end of the day it means jack shit.Thinking that Leeds would except that is like thinking Man Utd would except £10m for Rooney....Just proves what I been saying, Palace haven't got a pot to piss in and soon they won't have a window to throw it out of either.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Barry Robson of M'boro was the best Championship CM'er who visited the Amex, who ran the midfield with all the skills, pace and could tackle.

At the time, I thought he'd complete our CM, but was told it was already agreed he was off to the Vancouver Whitecaps. Shame.

Wrong Nicky Bailey was the one who ran there midfield and looked the best player on the pitch that day, would love to have him down here.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

When did he he say he would build a team around CMS

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't understand that. McCormack is a far better player

Absolutely, Simple to see but why do so many on here think he's below par. Mccormack showed us how good he is in front of goal when leeds came down. always looked decent. The "I love CMS no matter what" brigade need to open their eyes a little. And for the record i like CMS too, but, i recognise other quality players when i see them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
All this fuss about McCormack,he'll be at wolves or Celtic soon anyway,certainly won't be here or at little palace and i would guess his wages will be pretty high and to much for us.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
When he signed him. Try to not make this another thread where you harp on about CMS being useless, please!

Yep, Gus certainly did announce that CMS would be at the core of his new squad hence my 'humble pie' suggestion, so can't see Gus offloading CMS too readily. I think CMS is a gem and we still don't quite play to his strengths. I do hope we sign AN Other forward to compliment CMS but am slightly concerned that if we don't play to their strengths we wont get the best out of them.

While players like McCormack and Emnes would be very handy (plus I see Santa Cruz is getting mentioned about dropping down to the Championship on SSN again, albeit wants to stay in the north-west?) I think I think the most critical signing now will be the new midfielder who needs to be a cut above what we have and capable of imposing himself on a game and working alongside Vicente to feed our wide boys and/or load the bullets for whoever is up front. The right quality midfielder would also take some heat off Bridders too and make us far more formidable in front of our rebuilt defence and keeper.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Barry Robson of M'boro was the best Championship CM'er who visited the Amex, who ran the midfield with all the skills, pace and could tackle.

At the time, I thought he'd complete our CM, but was told it was already agreed he was off to the Vancouver Whitecaps. Shame.
but then we were referring to strikers :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here