Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mccormack in talks

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£850k pmsl,,,,,that just proves that anyone can make a bid for a player but at the end of the day it means jack shit.

"I think a good team spirit, good organisation and good commitment from the players can take us a long way – and that was proved last year" , he said. "What people need to understand is that it's a difficult market out there and there are teams with financial power who can go and buy certain players for millions of pounds. We're not in that market unfortunately and that's where we find ourselves – there's no use whinging, complaining and moaning about it.The owners have got the money so I think that they're entitled to say yes or no by whatever they feel they need to spend it on."

Quote from Dougie Freedman - This Is Croydon Today 21/7/12 - Trying to let the fans down gently ? :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
"I think a good team spirit, good organisation and good commitment from the players can take us a long way – and that was proved last year" , he said. "What people need to understand is that it's a difficult market out there and there are teams with financial power who can go and buy certain players for millions of pounds. We're not in that market unfortunately and that's where we find ourselves – there's no use whinging, complaining and moaning about it.The owners have got the money so I think that they're entitled to say yes or no by whatever they feel they need to spend it on."

Quote from Dougie Freedman - This Is Croydon Today 21/7/12 - Trying to let the fans down gently ? :lol:

Sounds like the words of a man, who could be on the move very soon.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't know why it is but I just cant get the vision of McCormack smashing in a hat trick for us against Palace and him kissing the badge in front of the Palace fans.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Yep, Gus certainly did announce that CMS would be at the core of his new squad hence my 'humble pie' suggestion, so can't see Gus offloading CMS too readily. I think CMS is a gem and we still don't quite play to his strengths. I do hope we sign AN Other forward to compliment CMS but am slightly concerned that if we don't play to their strengths we wont get the best out of them.

While players like McCormack and Emnes would be very handy (plus I see Santa Cruz is getting mentioned about dropping down to the Championship on SSN again, albeit wants to stay in the north-west?) I think I think the most critical signing now will be the new midfielder who needs to be a cut above what we have and capable of imposing himself on a game and working alongside Vicente to feed our wide boys and/or load the bullets for whoever is up front. The right quality midfielder would also take some heat off Bridders too and make us far more formidable in front of our rebuilt defence and keeper.

I quite agree.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I hope Seaside is keeping up with pronouncements from CPFC2010 and, more improtantly perhaps, the contrasting statement from the club manager............. palace posters on here seem to have gone a bit quiet since Freedman's comments?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I hope Seaside is keeping up with pronouncements from CPFC2010 and, more improtantly perhaps, the contrasting statement from the club manager............. palace posters on here seem to have gone a bit quiet since Freedman's comments?

But it's a done deal, he is mates with Freedman and the deal is in the bag,, pmsl....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here