Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mccormack in talks

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So how does that prove he's virtually a Palace player? It just sounds like your board is preparing the ground for a comical piece of mock outrage when a better club with a proper stadium and some fans comes in for him and offers less wages and get Gus to hypnotise him

fixed that for you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course there's a chance. It's just not a very big one. He will probably be a Palace player.

Brighton have held no talks with McCormack. That is a fact.

You do realise that other clubs are interested in him ? Football clubs can still hold informal discussions amongst themselves and keep them confidential from other parties, that is how the transfer market works. Just because an "official" bid :lol: is on the table from Palace it doesn't mean Leeds have to honour it if other clubs want to pay more for him. How do you know for a FACT that other clubs haven't been talking to Leeds ? Don't believe all the bullshit fed to you by CPFC2010

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
You do realise that other clubs are interested in him ? Football clubs can still hold informal discussions amongst themselves and keep them confidential from other parties, that is how the transfer market works. Just because an "official" bid :lol: is on the table from Palace it doesn't mean Leeds have to honour it if other clubs want to pay more for him. How do you know for a FACT that other clubs haven't been talking to Leeds ? Don't believe all the bullshit fed to you by CPFC2010

Exactly. I would find it very hard to believe that a player of McCormack ability who has already stated he is leaving wouldn't been talking to several clubs.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I believe he has. Not too sure why he wants to leave actually, would be interesting to find out. A switch from Leeds to Palace can only really be seen as a downgrade.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Has refused a contract from Leeds and in his last year I think.

Anyone signing him will be paying more than Leeds offered unless its for Palace in which case well be told he's playing for the love not money, or of he signs for us (according to Palace) he'll be the biggest earner in the Chanpionship.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know much about McCormack. But us in for him excites me and worries me. It excites me because I like the idea of signing a player palace think they have wrapped up, and worries me that we, with our glorious football, are looking at the same players as palace...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm not sure we ARE wanting to sign him, I think it's more Warnock has admitted to losing him and instead of losing him for 1-2m they'd rather get a player like CMS in instead.

I notices the dour doug said this in the press today

'..there's no use moaning because we haven't got the money to go and sign million pound strikers, so we've got to get over it....'

Personally I wouldn't bet against him staying at Leeds until the new owner is in place before signing a new deal.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Add Ross to our squad = great, but... swap for CMS with cash adjustment would not be good, and very small chance IMHO...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Leeds do not have the money to buy CMS even if they wanted to
their takeover or investment or whatever it is isn't about to be complete as due diligence has only recently begun
Bates will still be there no matter what and his sole intention is to line his own pockets - not spend money on such uneccessary niceties as footballers

I really don't believe we are in for McCormack but I have heard that Palace, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Leicester, and Burnley are. At least three of those can comfortably outbid Palace if they want to.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leeds do not have the money to buy CMS even if they wanted to
their takeover or investment or whatever it is isn't about to be complete as due diligence has only recently begun
Bates will still be there no matter what and his sole intention is to line his own pockets - not spend money on such uneccessary niceties as footballers

I really don't believe we are in for McCormack but I have heard that Palace, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Leicester, and Burnley are. At least three of those can comfortably outbid Palace if they want to.

All depends on Neil Warnock who is keen to take CMS to Elland Road and if the transfer values are offset (CMS and RM both valued at £2.5M) then Peterborough don't have to be compensated under the sell on clause as no profit has been made. I do hear that Ross McCormack is partial to a pint of John Smiths now and again :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone signing him will be paying more than Leeds offered unless its for Palace in which case well be told he's playing for the love not money, or of he signs for us (according to Palace) he'll be the biggest earner in the Chanpionship.
:lol: so true

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
All depends on Neil Warnock who is keen to take CMS to Elland Road and if the transfer values are offset (CMS and RM both valued at £2.5M) then Peterborough don't have to be compensated under the sell on clause as no profit has been made. I do hear that Ross McCormack is partial to a pint of John Smiths now and again :wink:

Crippled Palarse 2010 have told their supporters that McCormack is signing for them for £850K ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
McCormack is quality. If he signs I will believe we're in the promotion shake-up. He was the best striker I saw in the Championship last season
Neil Warnock thinks that CMS will guide Leeds in to the play-off spots. Football is a funny old game.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Seriously? I.... wh.....ju...... whatever.

So I am intrigued which one of the 4 directors are you, you come on here spouting fact after fact that only someone on the inside would be party to, so you must be one of the monkeys running (in the loosest sense possible) that tin pot club up the road. In the meantime I do find you very entertaining but please keep taking the medication or it might get ugly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here