Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon on the phone-in

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
El Presidente said:
Say that to his FACE Thomas, and then run like f***, and I will give £10 to Alive and Kicking.

Just stand in the goal when you say it...he's never been able to hit anything in a goal all season so why should now be any different!!!!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
the full harris said:
McCammon came across as if he actually believed he was a good player who was being held back by injuries, poor service, criticism from supporters. The whole phone call was just a list of excuses as to why he is so dreadfull at his job (a job that he gets paid more than MOST of us for, partly paid for by us).

Still, glad he went on, he won't play for us again and it'll save my voice. All the booing does my throat right in.

If any of us went into our job tomorrow slagged off the shareholders in public and made a mockery of our managers we would be sacked.

Mcgammon should be sacked and the remainder of his contract should NOT be paid up.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dwayne said:
If any of us went into our job tomorrow slagged off the shareholders in public and made a mockery of our managers we would be sacked.

Mcgammon should be sacked and the remainder of his contract should NOT be paid up.

I predict he will be sacked for gross misconduct tomorrow morning.... which will be f***ing HILARIOUS. The useless waste of oxygen can go play amateur football and get a day job like all the other players his standard.

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Yoda said:
I'm not. He was saying that no chances were being made. I thought there were at least 5 good crosses into the box tonight, just no one on the end of them. :nono:
That's right. Frutos put in two which just begged to be finished, and there were plenty more besides. Or if there's no one on the end of it, does that make it a bad cross?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i believe McCammon made some relevent points. The last few games he's played he has not been the worst player on the pitch by far and also appeared to putting some extra effort in. It can not be coincidence that a number of players have publically fallen out with mm. I remember Mullery had the same attitude and nearly destroyed Graham Moseley, who was in fact a bloody good goalkeeper. Some players need the quite encouragement to preform and perhaps McCammon's one of them. MM does not allow any two upfront to form a partnership he keeps swoping and changing. Tactically MM is found wanting too often imho

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: New Player/Manager.

Trigger said:
Mark McCammon, he seems to talk more sense and have more tactical awareness than Magoo so why not?...

:clap2:

I think his comments about whinging fans were probably directed at you though ???

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
True, Mcghee does keep swapping and changing forwards.

But if one of them scored (or even looked like scoring) a bloody goal occasionally, I;m sure MM would be delighted to leave well alone.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think he had a point in that scoring goasl is the responsibility of all the team but how many crosses have gone in this season with no one in the box?

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Nice one Mark, you are no worse than any other striker we have and I am looking forward to you getting your fitness back. We are stuck with Mcghee as he is as good as we are gonna get and as somebody else mentioned on the phone in, he will not argue with what DK gives him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
KinkyNormanBaker said:
But it doesnt work like that, hes the manager dont you know....

It's Mr One Post Pony again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
dwayne said:

1. Since when has some fat middle aged bastard calling you a "Useless wanker" been a shareholder?

2. Saying you have had differences is not the same as 'making a mockery'. He explained his position about not wanting to drop a division. Harty slagged him off, surely in a democracy he is entitled to a right of reply, which SCR gave him.

I just thing he has a thing about BURNLEY, as it was there last season that he was kicked off the coach, and tonight he decided to give it back to Harty.

Remind us again why you were booted out of University Dwayne, and you have turned it round, so perhaps McCammon can too. I doubt it, but we have no choice for the rest of the season.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
But he slagged off Team mates,fans and the boss as well that tosser is going to get his p45:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
The other point that he made - that whinging fans bring down team morale and affect performances - is something that a lot of people should listen to.

Interesting that Kerry Mayo was more or less saying the same thing. The fans are part of the team. Maybe some of us should be loaned out.

Very true.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:

Interesting that Kerry Mayo was more or less saying the same thing. The fans are part of the team. Maybe some of us should be loaned out.

Also interesting that Kerry Mayo also agreed with the point made by the last caller that players can't expect to take the praise, if they can't take the criticism.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Are Brighton fans (at Withdean) any worse moaners than other clubs?

Silent Bob said:
Loan me out to Barcelona. :wave:
Sorry you're not good enough for them. Apparently Swansea need someone to cheer their bench though, go for it :smokin:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Me and the manager are having differences, he wants to loan me out to a lower league team but I think I'm better than that.

Harty said:
El pres is saying I don't think he is good enough for this level really slagging him off?

Come on, Harty, of course it is! :lolol: Writing any player off I think is a "slagging" :lolol:

You of course may be right, or you may be wrong, in your opinion about whether he can play a role in tier 2 football, I just think there is more a debate there than your summary judgment dismissal suggests.

But regardless of that, you have to accept Big Mac stood up for himself articulately and spoke from the heart, and didn't fall into the trap you laid for him about slagging off his team-mates! :D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here