Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo SLATES Wilkins' training regime

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Mayo STARTS more than 5 first team league games I WILL personally CASTRATE myself with a BLUNT razor blade in front of the south stand.
:angry::angry::angry:

:bowdown:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ain't that The Truth?

Training is never enjoyable when it is likely you are going to be overlooked come match day.

Training must continue to be a learning experience for professional footballers, it seems that some of the old guard had given up on this perception some years ago, making the training experience tedious for them.

It is just one reason why Wilkins probably felt that they needed to be released.

Training is never enjoyable when it is likely you are going to be overlooked come match day.

Training must continue to be a learning experience for professional footballers, it seems that some of the old guard had given up on this perception some years ago, making the training experience tedious for them.

It is just one reason why Wilkins probably felt that they needed to be released.

I'll say one thing for you-you don't let up in your support of Wilkins.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps his training experience with the ADULT players wasn't all that it could have been? Just because they're professionals doesn't mean that they can't enjoy themselves training. Looking at footage from clubs high in the Premiership, their players seem to have a laugh during training sessions so how come they still manage to be at the top of their game yet still enjoy themselves?

Maybe his training methods were amongst the reasons The Board felt HE needed to be released? Just a thought.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Has it occurred to you that perhaps his training experience with the ADULT players wasn't all that it could have been? Just because they're professionals doesn't mean that they can't enjoy themselves training. Looking at footage from clubs high in the Premiership, their players seem to have a laugh during training sessions so how come they still manage to be at the top of their game yet still enjoy themselves?

Maybe his training methods were amongst the reasons The Board felt HE needed to be released? Just a thought.

If his training methods were so bad why ask him to stay on as coach ? I wonder if Mayo would have opened his FAT mouth if Wilkins was still there ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Has Wilkins got another job yet ???? noooo...so it looks like other clubs are not exactly falling over themselves in the rush to employ him....

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Say one thing you dont let up on your support of a 'jolly boys outing' !!

How about a comment about the professionlism demands by successful clubs ??

But I am assuming your ethos is having laugh during training .... jeeez

At which time do you feel adult players need to stop learning and have a laugh ahead of trying to achieve success ..?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Say one thing you dont let up on your support of a 'jolly boys outing' !!

How about a comment about the professionlism demands by successful clubs ??

But I am assuming your ethos is having laugh during training .... jeeez

At which time do you feel adult players need to stop learning and have a laugh ahead of trying to achieve success ..?

Different players will respond better to different types of training.

A good manager (Adams) has seen this and obviously is targeting his training to the individual. A less experienced manager (Wilkins?) might not have done this?

If you had any man management skills you would know this

vu1ture

Banned
Jul 23, 2008
Littlehampton
Mayo has the bloody cheek to slate Wilkins training methods and then goes and get skinned for a goal.
Wilkins was RIGHT to axe him and not renewing his contract.Wilkins saw his faults and had enough of him.If only Adams watched Mayo against good opposition before passing judgement.No good looking at him against Burgess Hill/Bognor etc.
I wonder if he regrets it now.

vu1ture

Banned
Jul 23, 2008
Littlehampton
Ok we lost to a championship team which is fair enough.The performance was pretty poor by the sounds of it, which can be sorted hopefully.But what really gets on my tits though more then anything is poor defending.We have seen this all down the years with Mayo and this CANNOT be sortedIt's a flaw in his game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ok we lost to a championship team which is fair enough.The performance was pretty poor by the sounds of it, which can be sorted hopefully.But what really gets on my tits though more then anything is poor defending.We have seen this all down the years with Mayo and this CANNOT be sortedIt's a flaw in his game.

Key words there so you can pass criticism on Mayo without even watching the game brilliant.

If you HAD been to the game you would have seen Mayo actually looked ok at left back. Few calmer passes and nice touches certainly no worse than Whing or any of the other players yesterday

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Mayo has the bloody cheek to slate Wilkins training methods and then goes and get skinned for a goal.
Wilkins was RIGHT to axe him and not renewing his contract.Wilkins saw his faults and had enough of him.If only Adams watched Mayo against good opposition before passing judgement.No good looking at him against Burgess Hill/Bognor etc.

Doubt it

Thought Mayo was fairly solid yesterday. Apart from the goal i thought he kept the winger fairly quiet and the goal was down to two or three defensive errors so to pick out Mayo is stupid

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I bloody well hope so although its to late:censored:any tom dick and harry can see mayo has been shite for years:thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here