Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Really?! I would put at a minimum Dubravka, Fabianski, Foster above him. Guaita and Krul on a par. Henderson has been the best keeper in the league after Allison, and Patricio is good. So essentially, I completely disagree with you!

I'd say Dubravka, Henderson, Allison and Patricio above him.
Guaita and Krul below him.
Foster probably just above him, and Fabianski probably just below him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
i think he has good aspects to his game - distribution being one - but it feels like he hardly ever saves an on target shot of any difficulty. I am sure that isnt the truth, but it just seems that way.

Best full back/sweeper, poor at corners/crosses and long shots. One on ones?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

How does Graham Hart compare. or Caballero?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Foster is a long way ahead of Ryan in everything other than distribution, which probably means I’m agreeing with you, as sadly actual goalkeeping seems to be less important than previous.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a point of interest does anyone recall the last time that Ryan was man of the match?

He has been pretty good overall since he came here but I have been waiting patiently for some absolutely outstanding saves that have me on my feet for a while now it seems :shrug:

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
As a point of interest does anyone recall the last time that Ryan was man of the match?

He has been pretty good overall since he came here but I have been waiting patiently for some absolutely outstanding saves that have me on my feet for a while now it seems :shrug:

Ahem

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One goal conceded away from home in over 7 hours and that was solely down to Lamptey (unfortunately)

Not the worst record!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Should Ryan have saved that?

(in regards to tonight's WORLDIE)

No. No he should NOT have saved that!

What a save.

Fingernail on a ball travelling about as fast as balls can move. Full stretch, changes the trajectory by an inch or two as the ball comes back off the cross bar instead of in off the bar.

WORLD CLASS

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Keepers usually only get MoM when their defence is crap and they have loads of shots to save. We don't fall into that category.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here