Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Matt Hancock is a hands-on kind of man.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have never once insulted any of you. I have never once made sweeping and false generalizations about your views based on how you voted in a referendum. Like most people I have had enough of the manner in which people such as yourself have framed this debate. Pointing that out is not being at the centre of it.

Poppycock.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In an attempt to keep this thread on topic (and not a re-run of the Brexit thread) and prevent further personal insults from derailing it, three people have received thread bans, with a fourth under active consideration.

D

Deleted member 22389

In an attempt to keep this thread on topic (and not a re-run of the Brexit thread) and prevent further personal insults from derailing it, three people have received thread bans, with a fourth under active consideration.

NSC was much better when The Bear Pit was temporarily shut down. These political threads will always end up going one way.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

What a shame decent people such as yourself have to be dealing with this shit at quarter to 8 on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
NSC was much better when The Bear Pit was temporarily shut down. These political threads will always end up going one way.
It was a joy not to have Bear Pit posts in my tapatalk unread feed. Even posts from "the ignored" appeared if the most recent in a thread.

For some reason it wasn't possible to configure that forum "off".

D

Deleted member 22389

It was a joy not to have Bear Pit posts in my tapatalk unread feed. Even posts from "the ignored" appeared if the most recent in a thread.

For some reason it wasn't possible to configure that forum "off".

Hopefully the mods will lock the thread again, the people need it, NSC needs it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hopefully the mods will lock the thread again, the people need it, NSC needs it.

Thread bans for the what abouters and those who just want to trade insults are better, because the topic can remain on course.

Dominic Cummings has tweeted that Carrie has appointed Javid, whereas we know he stood down as Chancellor when Cummings wanted to sack his team.

I wonder which one will win? Is Boris ruled by pillow talk? Cummings said he had the evidence when he appeared before Committee.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Johnson’s propaganda red top is reporting this:

“His local constituency party in Suffolk is said to be enraged by news of the affair and there is talk of him facing deselection at the next election.”

Surely, if they think Hancock is a c***, they must realise that Johnson is an even bigger (in every sense of the word) c***?

This right wing populist Government may well be losing their traditional supporters as they try and attract the former Labour voters from the north. They could end up with nothing.

I’m not sure this story is about attracting former Labour supporters in the north. Rather it appears to be a complete moral failure compounded by a political mistake made by Boris in not sacking Hancock straightaway. One of the Sky presenters last night was talking about there being a window in which to do the right thing and Boris having missed it. I would add that his saying that the matter was closed was a pretty major mistake.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
No doubt there will be a lot of disgust and outrage from the Tory shires. But when it comes to the crunch they will hold their noses and ensure the Tories are reelected. Looking after number one is always top of the list for some of these people. Some things never change

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What do you think is worse?

a) Having an extra marital affair?
b) Having an extra marital affair at a time when social distancing and mask wearing are being imposed on the country - by you?
c) Annoying people in Westminster so much that you get caught doing a and b?
d) Not resigning after being exposed for a, b and c?
e) Using your own email address for government business, making procurement untraceable - something Hilary Clinton "should have been locked up for"?
f) Involving people personally known to you in steps a through to e for their own personal gain?
g) Taking the mick out of Pritti Patel on the internet?

Personally I couldn't care less about the affair side of this - that's for Hancock, his mistress and their spouses to deal with - nobody else's business.

What I do deplore is his utter hypocrisy. He is one of the architects of the Covid rules and has banged on about how important it is for us to all follow them - yet there he is breaking them just because he felt a bit horny.

Now I'll admit to breaking some of the Covid rules myself. My parents regularly came round for dinner when the rules stated they couldn't. I'm bloody glad we did break the rules as my father passed away a few weeks ago - if we'd stuck to the rules he wouldn't have seen his grandchildren for months - or as it turns out, ever again. BUT I didn't make and try to enforce the rules. It was heart breaking at my fathers funeral that we had to limit numbers, most people were masked, everyone was concerned about personal contact etc. Thankfully Woodvale ignored the odd rule break, as did the funeral directors ( thank you [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] - splendid job completed by your staff - especially Sam and Jenny ) and as did the place we held the wake. We were lucky - I feel for everyone that has had the rules prevent that last goodbye hug, been prevented from seeing their loved ones etc. Yet Hancock thinks it's ok to break HIS rules just to get his sausage a bit of exercise.

D

Deleted member 22389

Thread bans for the what abouters and those who just want to trade insults are better, because the topic can remain on course.

Dominic Cummings has tweeted that Carrie has appointed Javid, whereas we know he stood down as Chancellor when Cummings wanted to sack his team.

I wonder which one will win? Is Boris ruled by pillow talk? Cummings said he had the evidence when he appeared before Committee.

I couldn't give a shit. I have far better and more important things to do than waste my life talking about politics.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Personally I couldn't care less about the affair side of this - that's for Hancock, his mistress and their spouses to deal with - nobody else's business.

What I do deplore is his utter hypocrisy. He is one of the architects of the Covid rules and has banged on about how important it is for us to all follow them - yet there he is breaking them just because he felt a bit horny.

Now I'll admit to breaking some of the Covid rules myself. My parents regularly came round for dinner when the rules stated they couldn't. I'm bloody glad we did break the rules as my father passed away a few weeks ago - if we'd stuck to the rules he wouldn't have seen his grandchildren for months - or as it turns out, ever again. BUT I didn't make and try to enforce the rules. It was heart breaking at my fathers funeral that we had to limit numbers, most people were masked, everyone was concerned about personal contact etc. Thankfully Woodvale ignored the odd rule break, as did the funeral directors ( thank you [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] - splendid job completed by your staff - especially Sam and Jenny ) and as did the place we held the wake. We were lucky - I feel for everyone that has had the rules prevent that last goodbye hug, been prevented from seeing their loved ones etc. Yet Hancock thinks it's ok to break HIS rules just to get his sausage a bit of exercise.

Sorry to hear this news WS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What do you think is worse?

a) Having an extra marital affair?
b) Having an extra marital affair at a time when social distancing and mask wearing are being imposed on the country - by you?
c) Annoying people in Westminster so much that you get caught doing a and b?
d) Not resigning after being exposed for a, b and c?
e) Using your own email address for government business, making procurement untraceable - something Hilary Clinton "should have been locked up for"?
f) Involving people personally known to you in steps a through to e for their own personal gain?
g) Taking the mick out of Pritti Patel on the internet?
Obviously the answer is g ... [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder when he’ll be back?

"You should be immensely proud of your service. I am grateful for your support and believe that your contribution to public service is far from over." PM

I suspect that he’ll be shoehorned back in when the next minister is forced to resign through public pressure over actions incompatible with a person with leadership responsibility. I think he’ll be a minister again by Christmas.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

"You should be immensely proud of your service. I am grateful for your support and believe that your contribution to public service is far from over." PM

I suspect that he’ll be shoehorned back in when the next minister is forced to resign through public pressure over actions incompatible with a person with leadership responsibility. I think he’ll be a minister again by Christmas.
I suspect when enough time has passed for everyone to have forgotten about all the dodgy deals / money he made.
I still think it's a massive distraction, something definitely smells fishy and it isn't just handcocks fingers.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

He will be back, he gave Johnson his " full support " and puffed about " Building back better " which is exactly the bullshit on message crap our adulterer-in-chief wants to hear. No one does a John Profumo or a Jonathon Aitken these days, they all crawl back or their ex pals get them some nice easy directorships.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here