Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Matt Hancock is a hands-on kind of man.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Javid, Sunak, Patel ....marvelous role models for multicultural Britain and well done to the Conservatives for once again leading the way in diversity and inclusion ... so far, TWO female PM's and numerous ethnic minority appointees to the top jobs in government [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Except that Johnson thinks that Muslim women look like letter boxes and black people have water melon smiles amongst other stupid racist outbursts and the Windrush issue.
Johnson only wants nodding yes men, he has sacked anyone who will not tow his agenda and the party line. The excuses and lies from members of the cabinet is pathetic.
Johnson has only put in ethnic minority and women ministers so that he has a weapon to beat off any attacks from the opposistion.
Johnson does not care what the colour of skin is or what sex they are it is all about him.
And, for me, its not about the sex or colour of the skin either, it is about the ability to do the job and the whole cabinet is hopeless, they know it but will keep their jobs as long as they protect Johnson.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Johnson does not care what the colour of skin is or what sex they are it is all about him.
And, for me, its not about the sex or colour of the skin either, it is about the ability to do the job and the whole cabinet is hopeless, they know it but will keep their jobs as long as they protect Johnson.

Which brings us back to the question of who put the camera in, and wanted rid of Hancock.
Cummings, Carrie, Murdoch?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Which brings us back to the question of who put the camera in, and wanted rid of Hancock.

Its a cctv camera that has been in that department since at least 2017. Begs the question why Hancock had his non covid compliance cuddle in front of a camera he knew existed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Its a cctv camera that has been in that department since at least 2017. Begs the question why Hancock had his non covid compliance cuddle in front of a camera he knew existed.

The BBC reported yesterday that he had no knowledge of the CCTV camera and that it shouldn't have been there. MI5 investigating.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The BBC reported yesterday that he had no knowledge of the CCTV camera and that it shouldn't have been there. MI5 investigating.

Rory Stewart has tweeted, and other previous ministers have stated there were no cctv cameras in their offices.

Speculation elesewhere around this was hidden in a smoke alarm.

Who or what to believe?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

office security, knowing the affair is going on, to capture it and sell to the papers.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Will you condemn the former Health Secretary? Or do you think he's a top shagger?
He's been a dead man walking for quite some time politically speaking. I think Boris was hoping to keep him around as the sacrificial minister to get the push after the Covid enquiry. Not sure why he suddenly developed a rare sense of honour/duty yesterday though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Just seen on the Andrew Marr show a double spread in the M.O.S a picture of the cctv in the department from about 2017. I don't read M.O.S so unsure how true it is. Whatever the findings Hancock has been a real slimeball to his family, his government colleagues, the voting public while it was his job to address the Country week in week out communicating public health messages he was not following himself. He probably has left several families devastated by acting out his sordid affairs in the public eye. He has overseen a department of health that has dealt with a unprecedented pandemic while not adhering to the rules his government implemented to save lives. He is a lowlife of the highest order and the Prime Minister should have removed him at the earliest sniff of controversy. Tha question is now how long did the Prime minister know of Hancock's relationship with his employee bringing into disrepute his job as health Secretary at the time?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Rory Stewart has tweeted, and other previous ministers have stated there were no cctv cameras in their offices.

Speculation elesewhere around this was hidden in a smoke alarm.

Who or what to believe?

Very easily done - you can buy CCTV in other objects anywhere. We have passive IR sensors, smoke detectors and teddy bears for when staff are suspected of having their hand in the till.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Screenshot_20210627-102340_Instagram.jpg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just seen on the Andrew Marr show a double spread in the M.O.S a picture of the cctv in the department from about 2017. I don't read M.O.S so unsure how true it is. Whatever the findings Hancock has been a real slimeball to his family, his government colleagues, the voting public while it was his job to address the Country week in week out communicating public health messages he was not following himself. He probably has left several families devastated by acting out his sordid affairs in the public eye. He has overseen a department of health that has dealt with a unprecedented pandemic while not adhering to the rules his government implemented to save lives. He is a lowlife of the highest order and the Prime Minister should have removed him at the earliest sniff of controversy. Tha question is now how long did the Prime minister know of Hancock's relationship with his employee bringing into disrepute his job as health Secretary at the time?

Spot on. And it's not just his failure to adhere to his own rules....it's also the appointment of a friend/lover to roles within his department, countless dodgy PPE contracts, lying about testing in care homes, etc, etc. Unfortunately we have a government devoid of moral standards or ethics. These sort of people simply think that the normal rules don't apply to them. Corruption is occurring on a grand scale. It stinks.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No doubt there will be a lot of disgust and outrage from the Tory shires. But when it comes to the crunch they will hold their noses and ensure the Tories are reelected. Looking after number one is always top of the list for some of these people. Some things never change

This - its all about the ££££££££££££££££££s unfortunately.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally I couldn't care less about the affair side of this - that's for Hancock, his mistress and their spouses to deal with - nobody else's business.

What I do deplore is his utter hypocrisy. He is one of the architects of the Covid rules and has banged on about how important it is for us to all follow them - yet there he is breaking them just because he felt a bit horny.

Now I'll admit to breaking some of the Covid rules myself. My parents regularly came round for dinner when the rules stated they couldn't. I'm bloody glad we did break the rules as my father passed away a few weeks ago - if we'd stuck to the rules he wouldn't have seen his grandchildren for months - or as it turns out, ever again. BUT I didn't make and try to enforce the rules. It was heart breaking at my fathers funeral that we had to limit numbers, most people were masked, everyone was concerned about personal contact etc. Thankfully Woodvale ignored the odd rule break, as did the funeral directors ( thank you [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] - splendid job completed by your staff - especially Sam and Jenny ) and as did the place we held the wake. We were lucky - I feel for everyone that has had the rules prevent that last goodbye hug, been prevented from seeing their loved ones etc. Yet Hancock thinks it's ok to break HIS rules just to get his sausage a bit of exercise.

I'm saddened to read that. You did the right thing, seeing your dad.

I'm saddened also to read and hear about people who haven't seen loved ones for more than a year.

Unfortunately the 'rules' have always been open to interpretation. This is because Boris is very much against rules, and prefers grown ups to exercise their judgement. Unfortunately you can't do that in a pandemic. So Boris has delayed the introduction of necessary steps, removed them too early, and set up a mind set that we are constantly poised to get back to normal, and yet we never do. It is an absolute cluster****, with the shameful statistics backing this up.

The opportunities for members of government to monetize this for personal gain is a side issue, and one that will hopefully bring individuals to book at some point (albeit I'm not holding my breath).

When I was frightened of death (before the vaccines) I made my own rules and saw only the people I live with, and my neighbour and old pal with whom I watch football. I didn't see my son in January and February, but we had him round every week after I'd had my first jab. After my second jab I have no qualms about interacting with strangers, although I always wear a mask. I don't really know what all 'the rules' are now. They keep changing; hands, face, space, mace, two metres, one metre, lanyards, fur hats, ice skating, fly fishing, eat out to help out, medical reasons for ignoring the guidance.....

Others are still frightened and not seeing their loved ones, even now.

Handoncock is clearly a slimey creep, but the buck stops with Boris. His government, his decisions, his incompetence.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally I couldn't care less about the affair side of this - that's for Hancock, his mistress and their spouses to deal with - nobody else's business.

What I do deplore is his utter hypocrisy. He is one of the architects of the Covid rules and has banged on about how important it is for us to all follow them - yet there he is breaking them just because he felt a bit horny.

Now I'll admit to breaking some of the Covid rules myself. My parents regularly came round for dinner when the rules stated they couldn't. I'm bloody glad we did break the rules as my father passed away a few weeks ago - if we'd stuck to the rules he wouldn't have seen his grandchildren for months - or as it turns out, ever again. BUT I didn't make and try to enforce the rules. It was heart breaking at my fathers funeral that we had to limit numbers, most people were masked, everyone was concerned about personal contact etc. Thankfully Woodvale ignored the odd rule break, as did the funeral directors ( thank you [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] - splendid job completed by your staff - especially Sam and Jenny ) and as did the place we held the wake. We were lucky - I feel for everyone that has had the rules prevent that last goodbye hug, been prevented from seeing their loved ones etc. Yet Hancock thinks it's ok to break HIS rules just to get his sausage a bit of exercise.

Likewise.. as I didn’t feel my elderly father had much longer to live (which came true) ..I’d visit his place regularly …although would eventually become one of his carers.
Re funeral….you do get some daft rules…30 odd allowed at the church but 15 at graveside (OUTSIDE) for his funeral this coming week ..some bod has has come up with the 15 and yet a few miles east and it’s double

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

It's a very long shot but oh boy do i want it to be Carrie, just got married, it would be the ultimate political scandal/stich up.
Forgot to add to my post regarding Johnson and racist comments that he has also been extremely derogative towards women in the past and in Parliament, live, in front of the cameras.
Oh and on Marr this morning, Brandon Lewis saying that Handcock was thinking of his kids (family) when he resigned, seriously this is getting really desperate now, is there nothing they wont say regarding any minister on any subject that is clearly either a lie or ridiculous and if another says " most people will understand" or the public know that" or if I see another Union Jack behind one of them i will throw my slippers at the TV

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's a very long shot but oh boy do i want it to be Carrie, just got married, it would be the ultimate political scandal/stich up.
Forgot to add to my post regarding Johnson and racist comments that he has also been extremely derogative towards women in the past and in Parliament, live, in front of the cameras.
Oh and on Marr this morning, Brandon Lewis saying that Handcock was thinking of his kids (family) when he resigned, seriously this is getting really desperate now, is there nothing they wont say regarding any minister on any subject that is clearly either a lie or ridiculous and if another says " most people will understand" or the public know that" or if I see another Union Jack behind one of them i will throw my slippers at the TV

So if I’ve got this right and apology’s if I’ve mis called it but you don’t like the PM that much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm saddened to read that. You did the right thing, seeing your dad.

I'm saddened also to read and hear about people who haven't seen loved ones for more than a year.

Unfortunately the 'rules' have always been open to interpretation. This is because Boris is very much against rules, and prefers grown ups to exercise their judgement. Unfortunately you can't do that in a pandemic. So Boris has delayed the introduction of necessary steps, removed them too early, and set up a mind set that we are constantly poised to get back to normal, and yet we never do. It is an absolute cluster****, with the shameful statistics backing this up.

The opportunities for members of government to monetize this for personal gain is a side issue, and one that will hopefully bring individuals to book at some point (albeit I'm not holding my breath).

When I was frightened of death (before the vaccines) I made my own rules and saw only the people I live with, and my neighbour and old pal with whom I watch football. I didn't see my son in January and February, but we had him round every week after I'd had my first jab. After my second jab I have no qualms about interacting with strangers, although I always wear a mask. I don't really know what all 'the rules' are now. They keep changing; hands, face, space, mace, two metres, one metre, lanyards, fur hats, ice skating, fly fishing, eat out to help out, medical reasons for ignoring the guidance.....

Others are still frightened and not seeing their loved ones, even now.

Handoncock is clearly a slimey creep, but the buck stops with Boris. His government, his decisions, his incompetence.

I agree with every single word of this post and is exactly how I behaved too.
The latest lockdown simply did not happen even before jabs, Johnson left the gate wide open to allow people to do wharever they wanted, and they did.
I also lost my Mum, but sorry, i do not agree with the law breaking as sad, awful and upsetting as it is but of course they have my total sympathty as I have been through it all too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here