Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match day burger van told to shut shop .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is it that no one has brought up the fact that he was asked to close on the back of complaints of noise and mess from local residents, nothing to do with the club

Because I do not believe the residents. The real reason, in my opinion, they are complaining is because it's change. The public always rail agsinst change. They just dress it up as noise and litter. If it wasn't this it would be health and safety.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because I'm about to go out the door, and said that it was EITHER private land or railway land? Thank you for informing that it's private land, I felt that was more likely anyway.

Okay, I'll excuse you for making uninformed posts because you're in a rush. :facepalm:

Jul 20, 2003
no burger vans outside the ground? Next thing you know we'll have all seater stadiums and cheerleaders. DISGRACE

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think it's crap that there is nothing outside the Amex other than program sellers. They should have a few stalls with merchandise, so you don't have to que for the shop. Also I don't see a problem with the burger bar outside the stadium property. That is how people have made money through the ages, if there wasn't a demand for burgers, the guy wouldn't make any money. I feel a club U turn coming on. Or council, whoever it was.

Have you been there recently - hats and scarfs can be bought from the programme booths and they have a big table outside the shop selling sales items.

Now that the new season rush and the post christmas voucher purchasing has clamed down there is never a probelm getting into the shop.

NEXT

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Don't let that stand in the way of a good binfest!

The Argus certainly didn't let it stand in the way of a non-story. As soon as they found out he hadn't completed the paperwork it should have been spiked, but they'd probably already taken the pic, so ...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
1. There is no right to run a retail business from your garden.
2. Their burger is rubbish.
3. If we do have a burger van can we have Naz's? The one from outside wickes now a bit further away from wickes for disputed reasons.

if u r comparing them with the stadiums burgers then u r wrong....if its to do with noise then i am surprised as its never been a problem when i hav either passed by or been served there..hopefully the facts will become known and also he is allowed to stay..nice peeps too

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Christ give the bloke a break it's harsh to move him on. The burgers at Amex are dog wank and don't think they sell many. Fans should have a choice ??????

Lush

Mods' Pet
Club spends a lot of money to build stadium.
Club relies on income from food to pay for stadium.
Local bloke sees opportunity to grab some of money for himself.

All I see is a chancer on the make.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Club spends a lot of money to build stadium.
Club relies on income from food to pay for stadium.
Local bloke sees opportunity to grab some of money for himself.

All I see is a chancer on the make.

best hav a word with the little van that is directly outside the station then as they would com under the same category....and unless the stadium makes better burgers..and offers hotdogs they won't get my money anyway

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Have you been there recently - hats and scarfs can be bought from the programme booths and they have a big table outside the shop selling sales items.

Now that the new season rush and the post christmas voucher purchasing has clamed down there is never a probelm getting into the shop.

NEXT

Haven't been to the last 2 so no didn't see that. Good thing they are doing that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All over downtown in Stockholm - hot dog stalls, cinnamon buns, burgers, Greek food, kebab huts, and Thai food.

In NYC you can get crepes or roast chestnuts from a stall too.

And do you think they are licensed in any way? Or are they allowed to just open up and trade wherever they like?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here