Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match day burger van told to shut shop .

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Pop down to the van by Kingston round about. yummy scrummy!

Agree with that one. Lincolnshire sausages available too.
Stop there occasionally on the way back from Northease in the mornings.
And they do a P&R service on matchdays.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
All the burgers served up just about anywhere, all come from the local cash n' carry, containing about 1% meat.

I cannot beleive the fuss here. If you dont like the food served at either the ground or outside, then dont buy it. Instead save yourself a few quid and eat something at home before you go to a game. I go to matches to watch football, not pay over the odds for bottom of the barrel food and long ques.

And all this, "I'd rather give the club the money",

pfft please.:rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All the burgers served up just about anywhere, all come from the local cash n' carry, containing about 1% meat.

What about a local food wholesaler who advertise their burgers as 90% beef and are good, probably used by the better burger vans rather than the rubbish that Brookers and Brakes churn out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I cannot beleive the fuss here. If you dont like the food served at either the ground or outside, then dont buy it. Instead save yourself a few quid and eat something at home before you go to a game. I go to matches to watch football, not pay over the odds for bottom of the barrel food and long ques.

fuss?...sensible debate going on here lol....i quite like a nibble on the way home and don't hav to queue much at all

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

Ooooh "I go to matches to watch football" that's a good idea I didn't think of that.
Some of us like a bit of grub after pint or 2 when we go to the football but let me guess... You go to the football to watch the game not have a beer.
You know it possible to do both right ?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
What about a local food wholesaler who advertise their burgers as 90% beef and are good, probably used by the better burger vans rather than the rubbish that Brookers and Brakes churn out.

No you're not allowed to at footy matches now apparently (unless you are willing to eat crap without moaning about it)
Evidently you have to have a cheese sarny at home before the game because if not then you are not a proper fan because you're not going there to watch the football you are only going there to eat.......not my views btw

Last edited:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Perhaps the club are looking to get a variation on their licence for next season and provide burger stalls like at Reading on the approach to the stadium. I for one hope so.

like the one you can leave the ground for at HT, with pint and fag in hand, get a decent burger quickly, and walk straight back in, would be happy days indeed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here