Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match day burger van told to shut shop .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The article states that he has applied twice for permanent planning permission (he currently operates on a temporary license) to sell burgers but on both occasions he has not included key information and the applications have been returned. At the moment, it looks to me like he only has himself to blame.

would seem to be noteworthy ???

.............and in fairness I can understand that residents might also have a right to complain. There is little they can now do about crowds and noise etc but would I fancy the additional littering and the usually omnipresent stench of rancid grease that a burger van inevitably seems to bring? Probably not.

I wonder if he has addressed residents' views at all - spoken to people to get them onside to his venture, spent time cleaning up afterwards (maybe employed some local kids)........................ all the things you would do if you wanted to build a sustainable business in a community rather than appearing as some sort of fly by night profiteer?

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Talking of burger vans who recalls the burger van getting turned over up at charlton the night of the 4-3 game????

are we talking, at the valley 30 odd years ago?, I remember a minibus turned over at Selhurst (about 81) and a wooden shed at Elm Park mid 80's, do I win £5

I remember the burger van at Cheltenham catching fire during the game. Do I win £5?

tooting2

Mar 26, 2011
lancing
shame often have something at that burger van because its hot and tasty the most disapointing thing of our fantastic new stadium the food is utter shite had a burger in the north stand at the ipswich game 20 mins in que and was cold rock hard think it was left over from previous home game

we must have the worst cattering in all four divisions can honestley say i havent tasted worse than the tripe we serve up

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
f***ing love their burgers, The Amex burgers are absolutely disgusting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am sure they are licensed. Sweden is very tight about such things, and monitor businesses to the letter.

There you go then.

If this chap secures all the required licenses, etc, he'll be free to sell as many burgers as he likes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
shame often have something at that burger van because its hot and tasty the most disapointing thing of our fantastic new stadium the food is utter shite

we must have the worst cattering in all four divisions can honestley say i havent tasted worse than the tripe we serve up

I presume this is a wind up.

Either that, or you are 13 and have never actually been to ANY other ground.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Did the owner of the burger van actually pay the Argus to write the article for him? This is such a non-story. He is on a temporary licence and because of complaints from local residents the council have decided not to renew it. That's what happens with temporary licences. He may have been able to get permanent permission, but he didn't fill in the forms properly!

Nothing whatsoever to do with the club, so anyone insinuating that is a dumbass.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
f***ing love their burgers, The Amex burgers are absolutely disgusting.

I still don't get this. I've had five or six and they've all been delicious, with what tasted like decent beef rather than McDonalds crap. Admitedly they could've been warmer at times though.

tooting2

Mar 26, 2011
lancing
Either that, or you are 13 and have never actually been to ANY other ground.[/QUOTE]

no im 47 was in cattering for 20 years plus and cant really name one ground that serves up more utter shite food than us and ive been to loads of grounds f*** me the food at lancings ground is better

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
no im 47 was in cattering for 20 years plus and cant really name one ground that serves up more utter shite food than us and ive been to loads of grounds f*** me the food at lancings ground is better

I can't name a ground that serves better, tbh.

What is it that you want, that you are not getting? Would you rather have pukka pies, microwaved in their plastic, for the full soggy-pie football experience?

Is the bottled Amex pepsi, somehow different to the pepsi at Cheltenham or Scunthorpe?

I don't get it. Just seems like moaning for the sake of it, to me.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I can't name a ground that serves better, tbh.

What is it that you want, that you are not getting? Would you rather have pukka pies, microwaved in their plastic, for the full soggy-pie football experience?

Is the bottled Amex pepsi, somehow different to the pepsi at Cheltenham or Scunthorpe?

I don't get it. Just seems like moaning for the sake of it, to me.

Exactly what I was thinking.
I've got mates who've been to a couple of games this season, who often go to Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal games and all have said how impressed they are with the food at the Amex. I've been to 40 odd grounds now, and i'm yet to have food that was better than that served at the Amex. I'd say 99% of the clubs just follow the norm and serve the same rollover hotdog/pukka pie (microwaved) norm, at least ours is well cooked food.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Brilliant first comment from gheese77...

"The eyesore that is amex stadium has already ruined what was once a pretty village with burger vans just adding to the misery of residents. They should neve have built it there in the first place. The replacement stadium should have been build on the original goldstone site."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here