Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mason Greenwood, would you want him at the Albion?

Mason Greenwood, would YOU want him at the Albion?

• Yes

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 494 93.2%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe Roberto should ask his daughter if she knows his background ?

Maybe he can get his translator to translate this

Every time I see that transcript, I hate Greenwood a little more, despair a little more at the girl’s decision to take him back, and feel more and more disgust for those around her who allowed her to do so. What the actual f*** is her father thinking?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Actually what’s worse is that surely it’s his job to know about the background of the people you are buying and want to play?

Obviously some things you can’t know, like Paqueta at West Ham and his gambling, but equally, how much is not knowing about his background and habits going to cost them?
It doesn't stack up. When he joined us Barber was eulogising about how much De Zerbi knew about all our players when he was interviewed. He's a football obsessive. There is ZERO chance he didn't know about Greenwood. That makes him a weapons-grade bellend imo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think signing Zaha would be hilarious. Palace’s star player for most of the last decade who supposedly hated us joining us. Would show that he didn’t really hate us and would wind up Palace fans.
TBF my red lines are pretty thick. I still hate Spurs and Stains for 1978.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Every time I see that transcript, I hate Greenwood a little more, despair a little more at the girl’s decision to take him back, and feel more and more disgust for those around her who allowed her to do so. What the actual f*** is her father thinking?
The transcript isn’t even correct. Not that it matters, it’s probably actually worse.

He doesn’t call her a “little shit”, he calls her a “little sket”, basically a slut.

IMG_3541.jpeg

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
OK, but that's probably true.

Nothing to say he requested the player be signed, he may have objected for all we know.

Look, I'm not defending these comments. With something as criminal and repulsive as what Greenwood did, no club should be taking him in. Marseille having done that, RDZ shouldn't be coming out with bollocks about not knowing. Just think this is a situation which RDZ is trying to make the best out of rather than one he has instigated

Personally i'd have resigned in that situation, but people in the football bubble seem to act differently to how I would
Marseille also appointed RDZs director of football from Sassuolo, Giovanni Rossi.

I'd say there's somewhere around zero chance he objected to the signing.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Zero chance Bloom or Barber would have him here. Absolutely no chance at all.
Indeed.
On so many levels really.

First: they're not ****s
Second: its probably shit for team morale, lots of players won't want to have him around
Third: it would be absolutely awful from all kind of "brand" perspectives - some sponsors would no doubt step away from the club

Neither Brighton nor any other English club will ever sign Greenwood.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed.
On so many levels really.

First: they're not ****s
Second: its probably shit for team morale, lots of players won't want to have him around
Third: it would be absolutely awful from all kind of "brand" perspectives - some sponsors would no doubt step away from the club

Neither Brighton nor any other English club will ever sign Greenwood.
..............add to that the conflict with much-vaunted Club values, reaction from the women's team, backlash from fans..................it would go against everything the club stands for.............hope you're right re any other English club

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh dear RDZ, what have you done? Sake! :facepalm: And just when the club's supporters are mounting a #GreenwoodNotWelcome campaign to try and keep that odious creep away from their club and from tainting their club's values by association. This could get very messy, and rightly so

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
At some level, and at some point Greenwood should be allowed to move on, and not forever be the wanker. But sweeping it under the carpet isn't how to get there.
I could respect a statement, acknowledging his personal problems of the past, but that he has repaired damaged relationships and wants to move forward etc. Pretending to have no knowledge is weak.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Incredible what people will do to stay attached to the drip-feed of significant money.

Prima facie Greenwood is a violent man. It’s a shame that the current legal system requires additional evidence from the victim. It’s important for society and all victims of domestic violence that all perpetrators are convicted if the evidence is there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh dear RDZ, what have you done? Sake! :facepalm: And just when the club's supporters are mounting a #GreenwoodNotWelcome campaign to try and keep that odious creep away from their club and from tainting their club's values by association. This could get very messy, and rightly so
Well at least Marseille fans aren’t renowned for kicking off and attacking their own club / players when they aren’t happy.

Wait…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I give him one year max at Marseille.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Benoit Payan, mayor of Marseille, is now opposed to the arrival of Mason Greenwood at OM: "Greenwood's behavior is unspeakable, unacceptable. Hitting his wife... I saw images that deeply shocked me. Massacring his wife in this way is unbecoming of a man and he cannot have his place in this team. The values of OM and Marseille are anything but that in fact. It's a shame. I will ask Pablo Longoria not to recruit Greenwood. I don't want my club to be covered by the shame of someone who hits his wife."

#GreenwoodNotWelcome is trending on X

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
At least RdZ’s signing for us were just shit rather than ****s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here