Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mason Greenwood, would you want him at the Albion?

Mason Greenwood, would YOU want him at the Albion?

• Yes

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 494 93.2%

• Total voters

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
‘I am just the coach, I do not get involved in recruitment’ will be the next line
OK, but that's probably true.

Nothing to say he requested the player be signed, he may have objected for all we know.

Look, I'm not defending these comments. With something as criminal and repulsive as what Greenwood did, no club should be taking him in. Marseille having done that, RDZ shouldn't be coming out with bollocks about not knowing. Just think this is a situation which RDZ is trying to make the best out of rather than one he has instigated

Personally i'd have resigned in that situation, but people in the football bubble seem to act differently to how I would

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Does add another pretty grim dimension to all the chat about us not backing De Zerbi with his targets…

We were after someone who could cut inside from the right. Would have even more respect for Bloom & Barber if they flat out refused to even bid for the rapist c*nt.
I can't imagine we were ever in for Greenwood but I'm sure there are some targets we had that he would have said no to. He could have here.

Really poor from RDZ. Greenwood should never have played again anywhere.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
OK, but that's probably true.

Nothing to say he requested the player be signed, he may have objected for all we know.

Look, I'm not defending these comments. With something as criminal and repulsive as what Greenwood did, no club should be taking him in. Marseille having done that, RDZ shouldn't be coming out with bollocks about not knowing. Just think this is a situation which RDZ is trying to make the best out of rather than one he has instigated

Personally i'd have resigned in that situation, but people in the football bubble seem to act differently to how I would
If that was the case he should have said something like 'I know he has had some issues but I trust the club to have made the right decision' rather than coming across like the parent who refuses to believe his kid is a complete ***t.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If that was the case he should have said something like 'I know he has had some issues but I trust the club to have made the right decision' rather than coming across like the parent who refuses to believe his kid is a complete ***t.
Again, I would have said something more like this (well actually I would have resigned on the spot when he signed), but football people and actual people seem to think differently

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I can't imagine we were ever in for Greenwood but I'm sure there are some targets we had that he would have said no to. He could have here.

Really poor from RDZ. Greenwood should never have played again anywhere.

I don’t think we’d have been in for him, but that doesn’t mean RDZ didn’t want us to be in for him.

He was after a RW who can cut inside, which is probably where Greenwood plays best. He’s now shown he’d have no problem coaching him. I’m probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 47, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was part of what went on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I don’t think we’d have been in for him, but that doesn’t mean RDZ didn’t want us to be in for him.

He was after a RW who can cut inside, which is probably where Greenwood plays best. He’s now shown he’d have no problem coaching him. I’m probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 47, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was part of what went on.
Neither of us will ever know but I think it would have been greater than one player. Fundamentally Bloom's players and RDZ's players weren't the same, nor were their methods of recruiting them. There's only one winner there.....

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

Roberto De Zerbi on Mason Greenwood: "I don't know what happened. People who talk about private life without knowing it are making a mistake."

The problem for De Zerbi is we all do know it. His private life went up on Instagram, audio and all. This isn’t something that gets explained away.

I wonder if he honestly wanted him here? Weren’t there rumours? I don’t believe for a second Bloom or Barbar would buy him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The problem for De Zerbi is we all do know it. His private life went up on Instagram, audio and all. This isn’t something that gets explained away.

I wonder if he honestly wanted him here? Weren’t there rumours? I don’t believe for a second Bloom or Barbar would buy him.
Zero chance Bloom or Barber would have him here. Absolutely no chance at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Zero chance Bloom or Barber would have him here. Absolutely no chance at all.
I'd like to think we have a 'red line' list of players who we'd basically never recruit. Greenwood would be top of my list, closely followed by Zaha (for obviously different reasons) and re-hiring N'Zuzi Toko.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He’s gone down in my estimations with that. Greenwood is an abusive prick, we’ve all heard the recordings and seen the evidence.

I am all for second or even third chances, but you have to earn them through actions, change and yes, punishment.

Mason Greenwood remains a footballer earning millions of pounds per year, has shown little if any remorse for his actions, and absolutely reeks of entitlement and arrogance.

RdZ’s comments are at best tone deaf, but to my ears are pandering to a domestic abuser.

No feigning outrage here, I’m genuinely furious with the whole situation and to quote a certain respected NSC user, plough them all into a ditch.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Neither of us will ever know but I think it would have been greater than one player. Fundamentally Bloom's players and RDZ's players weren't the same, nor were their methods of recruiting them. There's only one winner there.....

Yeah, I totally agree. I didn’t think it would be the sole reason, just an interesting potential cog in the falling out.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I'd like to think we have a 'red line' list of players who we'd basically never recruit. Greenwood would be top of my list, closely followed by Zaha (for obviously different reasons) and re-hiring N'Zuzi Toko.
I think signing Zaha would be hilarious. Palace’s star player for most of the last decade who supposedly hated us joining us. Would show that he didn’t really hate us and would wind up Palace fans.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Actually what’s worse is that surely it’s his job to know about the background of the people you are buying and want to play?

Obviously some things you can’t know, like Paqueta at West Ham and his gambling, but equally, how much is not knowing about his background and habits going to cost them?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wow, looks like I’ve got over missing Roberto pretty damn quickly this afternoon.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Also, just to lighten the mood a little, it’s a bit Arsene Wenger isn’t it?

“I… did not see ze inceedent…”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here