Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mason Greenwood, would you want him at the Albion?

Mason Greenwood, would YOU want him at the Albion?

• Yes

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 494 93.2%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has Mason had some education to help him understand how to behave with women, what rape is, and that he's not a god who should get whatever he wants etc?

Sorry if it's in the thread, I haven't read much of it

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Better at some things, worse at other things, plenty of Nuance to that debate which is lost by the usual suspects taking over. Sigh
We are a stats based club, De Zerbi’s achievement stats in the length of time he was here will always be higher.
Both Potter & RDZ had PR shockers whilst at the club and neither appear to have learnt from it.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Has Mason had some education to help him understand how to behave with women, what rape is, and that he's not a god who should get whatever he wants etc?

Sorry if it's in the thread, I haven't read much of it
Apparently he met some psychologist or something and thats one thing Marseille fans point at when reprogramming their minds into acceptance.

Problem is that footballers are maybe the biggest role models on earth and then you can't sign a dude who has an audio clip like that - he should have blown his chances. No tolerance. Permanently.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Judging from the Marseille forum, most of them seem to be in favor of signing him?

In a tear inducing display of human psyche, they appear to be on a mission to convince themselves that Mason is a fine, fine lad who perhaps needs to be kept in check, but should be a good signing - if they can avoid the 50% sell-on United wants.

Its the same thing as when some state or war criminal buy a football club and promise to invest money... soon enough:

"TO BE FAIR, sure Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab may have ruined Sunni Islam through wahhabism, BUT he condemned forces marriages.. and maybe he liked dogs?"

"They just introduced a new law where women are allowed to breath in public after 18.00 on Tuesdays. They're moving forward and we're a part of that. They f*** camel, we f*** sheep. We're not all that different."

"I had two wait 15 minutes to get a beer at the game last week. Wouldn't happen in Riyadh."

That's how a lot of people function whether they want it or not. Same thing seems to be happening in Marseille. It was also quite similar to what happened to Getafe.

Like I said earlier though... England is too close to home. If it was the other way around, with Greenwood being French and moving to England (not Brighton though; we're too sanitarian to do that shit), I could see the same psychological thing happening. Really brings out the misantrophe in me but it is what it is.

I hope (to the very little extent I give a shit about that club) the portion of the Marseille fans opposing the move speak out louder but I suspect he'll end up there... only option appears to be Lazio, where life for him would probably be more difficult than in Marseille.
The Marseille anti Greenwood protests have made the UK media outlets this morning it appears they are making more of an effort as the signing becomes closer.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah thats the logical consequence of getting attacked by a cult anytime you mention a flaw in the style and personality of Roberto De Zerbi. Of course it feels good that others are waking the f***ing up and seeing this person for who he is.
You can't help to defend him now even. "There was no inkling he wanted Greenwood here, and what about WHAT ABOUT Dunk or Bissouma". Really, really clutching straws, and - as you say - "using a potential sexualt assault" to further your agenda, an agenda its time to drop.
Where have I defended him? I said he's a prick, the whole of football has a complete lack of moral compass. Ironic you mention the word cult, I'm glad you getting a buzz out of feeling good that someone is an abhorrent person, that must be a really satisfying part of your life.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The Marseille anti Greenwood protests have made the UK media outlets this morning it appears they are making more of an effort as the signing becomes closer.
Good stuff

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How much evidence do you need? No other manager has achieved Europa league football for the Albion.
True. My point is that we were on fire at the start of the 2022/2023 season and Potter had his team playing exactly how he wanted, we'd scored 14 goals in 7 games winning 5 of them. RDZ then took over. How much of RDZ success was down to the work Potter had put in? How much his own? Of course we cannot take away what he did, but we can question it. For me the jury is now out on RDZ. My gut feeling after last season is he believed his own hype, he is too wrapped up in himself..... and this is as good as he will get. He's a fantastic cheerleader....but lacks in most other areas. Cheerleading will only get you so far.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True. My point is that we were on fire at the start of the 2022/2023 season and Potter had his team playing exactly how he wanted, we'd scored 14 goals in 7 games winning 5 of them. RDZ then took over. How much of RDZ success was down to the work Potter had put in? How much his own? Of course we cannot take away what he did, but we can question it. For me the jury is now out on RDZ. My gut feeling after last season is he believed his own hype, he is too wrapped up in himself..... and this is as good as he will get. He's a fantastic cheerleader....but lacks in most other areas. Cheerleading will only get you so far.

Not forgetting a sh1t centre midfield, no surprise to many that the club are now going all out to change that. Plus a lack of quality RB and LB cover.

All pointed out a year ago on nsc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is not a problem for me....but only time will tell he is a better coach. I personally do not think there is enough evidence yet.
It is going to be hard to compare with Potter seemingly somewhat workshy at the moment.

Maybe he is waiting for England, but that won't be comparing apples and apples.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe RDZ will walk without taking charge of a game...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is going to be hard to compare with Potter seemingly somewhat workshy at the moment.

Maybe he is waiting for England, but that won't be comparing apples and apples.
I'll bounce this when Potter has won the WC and RDZ has fallen out with his umpteenth chairman :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here