Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mason Greenwood, would you want him at the Albion?

Mason Greenwood, would YOU want him at the Albion?

• Yes

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 494 93.2%

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Another year with him in charge would have killed my short and still somewhat fragile romance with this club
Saddest I’ve felt about him leaving.

Aren’t you technically circumventing a ban by being here anyway? Did you remember your antisemitic tirade when you sobered up the next day?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

Wow, De Zerbi has just gone from hero to zero. :(
I've heard the audio more times than I care to think about and transcribed it for something I was doing at the time, that involved listening to it over and over again at point's, not only to work out what was being said but pitch changes in voice etc (that's not as weird as it sounds). The thought of someone associated with our club sticking up for him, makes me feel quite ill.
Nope, on this occasion I don't care that he wasn't prosecuted or any such shite, what I heard was bad enough for me to say he's a c*nt & De Zerbi has just bought our club into disrepute by saying what he has. I think PBOBE would call it besmirching our name. :confused:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think people using this as an opportunity to say they were right all along about De Zerbi who are using a quite frankly a horrific situation to further their agenda should reconsider what they are saying. He’s a prick for his comments but stop using a potential sexual assault to tell every one you were right all along. 99% of people on this website agree that his comments are dreadful, so it doesn’t mean anything that they liked him before. There was no inkling that he wanted Greenwood here, let’s not forget a certain player who managed quite a few appearances for another manager while under investigation for a crime, that he was later proved innocent for.

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I think people using this as an opportunity to say they were right all along about De Zerbi who are using a quite frankly a horrific situation to further their agenda should reconsider what they are saying. He’s a prick for his comments but stop using a potential sexual assault to tell every one you were right all along. 99% of people on this website agree that his comments are dreadful, so it doesn’t mean anything that they liked him before. There was no inkling that he wanted Greenwood here, let’s not forget a certain player who managed quite a few appearances for another manager while under investigation for a crime, that he was later proved innocent for.
Yeah thats the logical consequence of getting attacked by a cult anytime you mention a flaw in the style and personality of Roberto De Zerbi. Of course it feels good that others are waking the f***ing up and seeing this person for who he is.
You can't help to defend him now even. "There was no inkling he wanted Greenwood here, and what about WHAT ABOUT Dunk or Bissouma". Really, really clutching straws, and - as you say - "using a potential sexualt assault" to further your agenda, an agenda its time to drop.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I laugh in the face of anyone who says they thought RDZ was a wrong ‘un as he led us into Europe, he WAS the Messiah at the time!

I always expected it to eventually end badly though

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I laugh in the face of anyone who says they thought RDZ was a wrong ‘un as he led us into Europe, he WAS the Messiah at the time!

I always expected it to eventually end badly though
He’s the guy who turned off the lights at Shaktar when a war was kicking off, and the guy who got us into Europe playing incredible football while we all watched Dr Zerbi cam.

He’s also the guy who’s just felt his new position meant defending Mason effing Greenwood and who presided over the debacle in Roma that many of us paid a small fortune for.

It’s almost like human beings are flawed and complex.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah thats the logical consequence of getting attacked by a cult anytime you mention a flaw in the style and personality of Roberto De Zerbi. Of course it feels good that others are waking the f***ing up and seeing this person for who he is.
You can't help to defend him now even. "There was no inkling he wanted Greenwood here, and what about WHAT ABOUT Dunk or Bissouma". Really, really clutching straws, and - as you say - "using a potential sexualt assault" to further your agenda, an agenda its time to drop.
And this cult, are they in the room with you now?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mate, there is only one person here in a cult, it doesn't involve DeZerbi but another chap. Stop trying to wind people up by projecting your mindset onto others. Stick to football, I love a lot of what you say about that, you are knowledgeable, perceptive and interesting. The other stuff, nah, give it a rest.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Marseille ultras demand the club don’t sign Greenwood so I doubt it will happen. Lazio now interested no surprises there.
Judging from the Marseille forum, most of them seem to be in favor of signing him?

In a tear inducing display of human psyche, they appear to be on a mission to convince themselves that Mason is a fine, fine lad who perhaps needs to be kept in check, but should be a good signing - if they can avoid the 50% sell-on United wants.

Its the same thing as when some state or war criminal buy a football club and promise to invest money... soon enough:

"TO BE FAIR, sure Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab may have ruined Sunni Islam through wahhabism, BUT he condemned forces marriages.. and maybe he liked dogs?"

"They just introduced a new law where women are allowed to breath in public after 18.00 on Tuesdays. They're moving forward and we're a part of that. They f*** camel, we f*** sheep. We're not all that different."

"I had two wait 15 minutes to get a beer at the game last week. Wouldn't happen in Riyadh."

That's how a lot of people function whether they want it or not. Same thing seems to be happening in Marseille. It was also quite similar to what happened to Getafe.

Like I said earlier though... England is too close to home. If it was the other way around, with Greenwood being French and moving to England (not Brighton though; we're too sanitarian to do that shit), I could see the same psychological thing happening. Really brings out the misantrophe in me but it is what it is.

I hope (to the very little extent I give a shit about that club) the portion of the Marseille fans opposing the move speak out louder but I suspect he'll end up there... only option appears to be Lazio, where life for him would probably be more difficult than in Marseille.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Every time I see that transcript, I hate Greenwood a little more, despair a little more at the girl’s decision to take him back, and feel more and more disgust for those around her who allowed her to do so. What the actual f*** is her father thinking?
This really addresses the elephant in the room.

If he was where he should be no one would be signing him, although Strangeways would be unbeatable.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Wouldn't want Greenwood anywhere near the Albion but am amused by the predictable suspects on here who have taken issue with the audacity of De Zerbi using his press conference to defend his clubs recruitment...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He’s the guy who turned off the lights at Shaktar when a war was kicking off, and the guy who got us into Europe playing incredible football while we all watched Dr Zerbi cam.

He’s also the guy who’s just felt his new position meant defending Mason effing Greenwood and who presided over the debacle in Roma that many of us paid a small fortune for.

Don't you be coming on here giving it large with your sensible mature post. @Guinness Boy OUT!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

The problem for some is that he isn't Potter and he was (whispers) a better coach.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The problem for some is that he isn't Potter and he was (whispers) a better coach.
This is not a problem for me....but only time will tell he is a better coach. I personally do not think there is enough evidence yet.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Wouldn't want Greenwood anywhere near the Albion but am amused by the predictable suspects on here who have taken issue with the audacity of De Zerbi using his press conference to defend his clubs recruitment...
Idiot.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This is not a problem for me....but only time will tell he is a better coach. I personally do not think there is enough evidence yet.
If he spends the rest of his days like he’s spent the last year and a quarter we’ll never find out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If he spends the rest of his days like he’s spent the last year and a quarter we’ll never find out.
True. I have a feeling something will happen this summer.....maybe in the next week even....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here