Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin O'Neill Resigns

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Skybet doesn't even list Super Gus in their 'Next Villa Manager' betting.
Not that I think he'd go, anyway

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
David Moyes is one of the men that could take them any further

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No-one can take them further unless they ...

1. Stop selling their best players to the teams above them every summer.
and 2. Spend ridiculous Man City-type money.

Maybe Lerner doesn't fancy doing either of those as it comes with the risk of financial ruin if you gamble and it fails. Do what they are doing, and they get bucketloads of Gravytrain cash every season.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I blame those tricky fourth round fa cup opponents they had, you could sense the wheels were falling off then!

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
Southgate also one of the favorites! If they get him on board they are almost certain to be near the bottom end of the prem at the end of the season!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
As mentioned b4 I've always thought oneill rathers getting cheaper/younger players and making them into decent ones. Who knows maybe Lerner saw better value for money abroad and got abit to involved!!!

It's probably more likely that the money made on transfers wasn't been made available to reinvest!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In yesterdays papers Curbishley has said he is looking for another job in the Premiership. Who do most people think will be in the running.

It was also suggested that Spurs are after Asley Young and if Villa sell that will be Milner and Young sold so what chance does a manager have of achieving anything.

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I may put a couple of quid on Sven.

The Sun will have a snippet tomorrow with him saying something like "I've always been an Aston Villa fan. My first match in charge of England was at Villa Park and they play football the right way".

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Probably wants a bigger job and is fed up of losing his best players like Milner

Apologies in advance for possible pedantry but it's been a hard day and I am feeling very tired...

What does this sentence actually mean? Can we choose a different word at random and see how it looks? How about "...is fed up INTO losing his best players like Milner"? or maybe "...is fed up ANYWAY his best players like Milner?"

They make just as much sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here