Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin O'Neill Resigns

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
bet Liverpool are gutted!

I would imagine thats milner going to Man City which he has finally had enough of.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
bet Liverpool are gutted!

I would imagine thats milner going to Man City which he has finally had enough of.

Liverpool fans never been keen when he has been linked with the job, before and after Rafa.

I imagine Milner and lack of £ this summer is what done it for him.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Don't blame him. Sounds like Milner and Young are off with little hope of replacing them. He won't want to tarnish his reputation by steering Villa to a 10th or below place

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
More to do with the impending sale of Ashley Young to Tottenham than the Milner deal imvho.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Won't be long until the rest of Villa's better players are off as well.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How many better jobs are there than Villa? Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal...right now Man City, and maybe Spurs, with Everton about the same. None of those are coming up this season, with the possible exception of City, and there is no guarantee he would get that.

Longer-term he might fancy United, but I think that has Mourinho's name all over it in two years' time.

North Korea?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Curbishley next manager then

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Amazed at that.

Unless it is to do with his wife's health, I just can't see why he's done this without one of the big jobs to go to.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I know a Villa season ticket holder, and he's been VERY vocal in his disliking of O'Neill for the last year or so. Apparently, alot of Villa fans are unhappy at his transfer policies, which are more to do with him and less to do with the club.. according to this mate of mine. O'Neill only wanted to sign young English talent and develop them into better players, he didn't want to sign some of the players being recommended to him. His position has become "untenable" apparently, and he disagrees with Randy Lerner wanting to get more involved in the transfer deals, because he thought they were spending too much money without getting enough return on investments. It seems the Young sale was over O'Neill's head, and he's decided to leave.

A real shame, I thought Villa were stale and boring before he took over and gave them a new lease of life. As someone else has said, I bet Mark Hughes is a bit gutted now!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Curbishley next manager then

There's not a lot of other managers out there to replace O'Neill.
I can't see Villa appointing a Jonny Foreigner Manager.

What odds on Gareth Southgate??
That must be worth a cheeky lady godiva?

Stuart Peace could do a job as well.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono:

A big loss to Villa and the EPL, the footballing family is a poorer place without him, lets hope he gets another job soon.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:nono:

A big loss to Villa and the EPL, the footballing family is a poorer place without him, lets hope he gets another job soon.

Thanks, Crodo. You always find the right words for these sad occasions.

:sick:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
shocked a bit to hear this one, simply because no-one knows where he is going to end up next...not surprised he left though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here