Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Wright from MK Dons

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
very very happy with this signing.
Wright is a great player, and was a fans favourite at his first season at MK and i believe he was second top goalscorer that season.
I think he's fallen out of favour with Di Matteo and he's had a poor season, so hopefully Slade can give him the confidence he needs to be a superb signing.

Mr Slade- :clap:

Mark Wright

Jun 19, 2009
very very happy with this signing.
Wright is a great player, and was a fans favourite at his first season at MK and i believe he was second top goalscorer that season.
I think he's fallen out of favour with Di Matteo and he's had a poor season, so hopefully Slade can give him the confidence he needs to be a superb signing.

Mr Slade- :clap:

:laugh:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Incorrect Incorrect Incorrect.

He scored a few goals away from home, but did f*** all else, no balls.

Then last season he went from bad to worse.

Explain to me this:

You're a franchise twat, and you've set up an account on a Brighton forum, with the name of a Brighton player, to slag off the player that you're named after, on a Brighton forum.

why?

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Shouldnt put yourself down like that Mark old son.
Anyway we do have the best manager in this Division so all that latent talent will be put to very good use. You have also definately signed for a much bigger club, so well done you.:albion2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Explain to me this:

You're a franchise twat, and you've set up an account on a Brighton forum, with the name of a Brighton player, to slag off the player that you're named after, on a Brighton forum.

why?

I suspect it's because they think it's the kind of thing that REAL football fans do.

james1971

Apr 17, 2009
portslade
who cares on how many goals he scored last year, he's now an albion player (2 years) and all we want now is for another 5/6 to sign along with dicker.

Thank god a decent replacement for cox! Expect this guy to completely out do are 5 foot road runner this season as this guy is class. Works hard, very very quick and has shots outside the box and lets be honest, I saw 3 shots outside the box under Adams!

The main reason I am happy is that we have finally signed a player who can score a few goals from the midfield! We relied way too much for the strikers to come up with all the goals and have missed that eight or so goals a season since Hammond left.

now we have a player like Hammond who will score those goals however, obviously being a winger, will have a completely different style of play and inject pace into the midfield. Good work EGG.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sounds like an exciting signing. We need a bit of pace on the wing. If we can sign Dicker and another central midfielder, we might actually have a midfield this season.

I hope Whing resigns now. Then we can have Wright and Whing on the right wing!

The Don

Jun 19, 2009
Afternoon Seagull fans, Dons fan in peace here :wave:

Reading through some of the posts on here I can see you're mostly very excited about the signing of Wrighty from us but all I can say is please don't go expecting too much from him!
In all truth he was dreadful for us last season and is the most frustrating player you will ever watch. He clearly has potential and is a good winger on his day but nonetheless struggled massively in this league, us lot in MK rated him very highly after 07/08s 15 goals only to be beyond disappointed with his performances this season. He had about 3 or 4 good games in total and has the ability to completely disappear from a game right from the start (an ability that still baffles me) and his crossing and running has been awful.
Don't get me wrong I'd love him to do well for you but in all honesty can't see him having the same effect as many on here see him as having...

Looking forward to my second visit to the Withdean!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Reading through some of the posts on here I can see you're mostly very excited about the signing of Wrighty from us but all I can say is please don't go expecting too much from him!
In all truth he was dreadful for us last season and is the most frustrating player you will ever watch. He clearly has potential and is a good winger on his day but nonetheless struggled massively in this league, us lot in MK rated him very highly after 07/08s 15 goals only to be beyond disappointed with his performances this season. He had about 3 or 4 good games in total and has the ability to completely disappear from a game right from the start (an ability that still baffles me) and his crossing and running has been awful.
Don't get me wrong I'd love him to do well for you but in all honesty can't see him having the same effect as many on here see him as having...

From what i've seen of him, which isn't that much to be fair, he can't cross, doesn't tend to run at players, but has pace and can score goals. Like Dean Cox but taller, obviously, and with more of an eye for goal.
Our style of play is completely different to yours though, as you try and walk the ball into the net.
It'll be interesting to see how he does for us, but i think it's a very good signing especially considering it was on a free.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Weighing up all the evidence I think we have done OK on this Wright chap. Firstly we have signed him on a free and in doing so we are pretty much accepting at what level he performs at bearing in mind he is 27. He`s quick and chips in with some goals - a glaring omission from our midfield in recent years - and also generally gets picked at whatever club he has been at.
He has also been playing for a far better team than us with MK Dons so I reckon it will improve our squad because lets be honest it wouldn`t have been possible to weaken it with any signings after most of last seasons displays.

All in all............... I like the boy.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

oi wanker, how dare you use my name for such awful purposes. Now f*** off.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
From what i've seen of him, which isn't that much to be fair, he can't cross, doesn't tend to run at players, but has pace and can score goals. Like Dean Cox but taller, obviously, and with more of an eye for goal.
Our style of play is completely different to yours though, as you try and walk the ball into the net.
It'll be interesting to see how he does for us, but i think it's a very good signing especially considering it was on a free.

Paul Brooker anyone ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here