Magoo?

• In

Votes: 104 65.4%
  • Out

Votes: 55 34.6%

• Total voters

gerbil said:
I'm still waiting for your proof.

Or can it be that you're WRONG!! No that can't be right you're never wrong on anything are you?

This a poll about McGhee, not about me. Try and keep your train of thought focused. But if you want to discuss little old me, then I guess I'm flattered :)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
This a poll about McGhee, not about me. Try and keep your train of thought focused. But if you want to discuss little old me, then I guess I'm flattered :)

Well then Oirish don't say that I'm disloyal then witout having the means to back it up.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
In for me. Yes he has f***ed up with Turienzo, but not many other managers would have kept us up last season. And, currently we are outside the relegation zone :clap:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Is MM the nice warm blanket that some Brighton supporters want to hang on to? He did some good work for us in the past, that cannot be denied, but perhaps the task is too big for him now. Perhaps it is time to take a good look at why we want to keep him, and why he retains such keen support from some quarters on here. He has brought some good players in, but he has also shown some horrible tactical awareness recently, and has made some mistakes with players that he has brought in. Whether we couldn't get anybody else is becoming a moot point - is this better than having a caretaker manager, or trying someone else out? There are ex-players who would like the chance, and although they are unproven, they have to start somewhere. Some posters are all for giving people a chance, letting someone new have a go in the team as a player, why not at management level? He must be as sick as we are - he has turned over twice to his former clubs, and he seems unable to stop our slide. A couple of victories no longer make us safe, and yes, we are outside the relegation zone, but we are by no means comfortable - it would only take a couple more bad results to drop us in it. We are suffering with injuries, but we can't keep making excuses whilst the division threatens to shit us out the bottom. Whilst it is fun winning lower leagues, I would rather not keep getting relegated to do it!

I think that MM has been a great manager, one of our best, but I also think that the situation is beyond him now. He doesn't seem to know where to turn next, and he does not have the squad to give him the chance. New manager, player reshuffle, and at least give ourselves a fighting chance.

Evening LI - I sent my LI supporting sister-in-law and her husband to Reading today for the match as their Xmas present - despite the Guinness and live music, I think the result was a bit of a shocker!

HampshireSeagulls said:
Evening LI - I sent my LI supporting sister-in-law and her husband to Reading today for the match as their Xmas present - despite the Guinness and live music, I think the result was a bit of a shocker!

I haven't seen the game yet and I'm just about to watch it "as live" - I'm guessing from your comments that we've either pulled off a shock win or been utterly disgracefully hammered, anyways, I'm off now before someone tells me :wave:

Happy New Year and fair sailing tomorrow :D

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
I haven't seen the game yet and I'm just about to watch it "as live" - I'm guessing from your comments that we've either pulled off a shock win or been utterly disgracefully hammered, anyways, I'm off now before someone tells me :wave:

Happy New Year and fair sailing tomorrow :D
19-35... oops.

Zed Seagull

Richie Morris said:

If you were happy with today and happy with how we are playing under McGhee then I envy you because you are far more content then I am.

So your not happy to be out of the bottom three? Come on! Was always going to be a battle this season. What did you expect? Silky flowing football? We're in a dogfight mate, and a dogfight we are winning.

Up McGhee!!:clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ernest said:
So get f***ed then as your opinion counts for zilch :salute:

Bit like yours actually fella, but we still end up having to listen to it, eh.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ernest said:
No because as a season ticket holder and one for 20 odd years my opinion counts a lot more than some Jocko 300 miles away :salute: :salute: :salute:

When you say "counts", what do you actually mean? Counts for what? With whom?

I would suggest that the opinion of the paid manager of the football club counts pretty highly.

Does a chairmen sit down and decide on the signings based on the opinions opf the manager, or the likes of you or I?

Do the players sign for a club due to the manager of us?

Just a hunch, but I reckon the tv postmatch interviews would be with the STH's rather than the managers if you were right.

We are important, or course we are, but individually we are not nearly as important as we'd like to think we are. Sad but true, and that's not a criticism of this club or any other, it's just FACT.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Gritt23 said:
When you say "counts", what do you actually mean? Counts for what? With whom?

I would suggest that the opinion of the paid manager of the football club counts pretty highly.

Does a chairmen sit down and decide on the signings based on the opinions opf the manager, or the likes of you or I?

Do the players sign for a club due to the manager of us?

Just a hunch, but I reckon the tv postmatch interviews would be with the STH's rather than the managers if you were right.

We are important, or course we are, but individually we are not nearly as important as we'd like to think we are. Sad but true, and that's not a criticism of this club or any other, it's just FACT.

The FACT that counts is that mine as a season ticket holder who sat thru that SHIT today counts a far lot more than all thse yahoo's who post what a good job Magoo is doing but they don't actually go to a match them selves :angry: :angry: :angry:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Surely opinion counts if it is intelligent and well thought out. Not who has been here the longest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here