McGhee - In or Out?

• In

Votes: 81 35.4%
  • Out

Votes: 126 55.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

pasty said:
What might just motivate people to go to Plymouth would have been a win today.
Agreed - but that didn't happen, hats off to Gradi, he did us again.

But we still have TEN games left and slumping into naval-gazing negativity isn't going to help us in those games.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

London Irish said:

But we still have TEN games left and slumping into naval-gazing negativity isn't going to help us in those games.
Do you think our attitude, especially on the messageboard, makes a difference to performance?

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
London Irish said:
Funny that, that's precisely the reason many us want him to stay.
your many seems to be decreasing by the week

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

London Irish said:

As he does every game which makes him more astute than MM.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

London Irish said:
hats off to Gradi, he did us again.

So you are saying Dario Gradi, manager of the worst team in this division, managed to get his team to beat us, yet you still advocate Mr McGhee should remain in charge ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

BensGrandad said:
As he does every game which makes him more astute than MM.

Well, dunno about that, but he did today, Gradi is a good manager. If you were a Crewe fan, would you want to kick him out - genuine question?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

pasty said:
So you are saying Dario Gradi, manager of the worst team in this division, managed to get his team to beat us, yet you still advocate Mr McGhee should remain in charge ?

Yes, for the simple reason that our squad is not competitive in the league either, and I don't think that's Mark McGhee's fault, but the fault of a host of other things that have already been mentioned a few million times.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

London Irish said:
Yes, for the simple reason that our squad is not competitive in the league either, and I don't think that's Mark McGhee's fault, but the fault of a host of other things that have already been mentioned a few million times.

But surely if you look at the league table, Crewes squad are not competitive in this league either, yet according to your statement, their manager managed them to a win. So basically you are saying that their manager was responsible for their win, but at the same time, our manager was not resonsible for our defeat ? Make your mind up man - do managers have responsibility for the way their team play or not ?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

pasty said:
But surely if you look at the league table, Crewes squad are not competitive in this league either, yet according to your statement, their manager managed them to a win. So basically you are saying that their manager was responsible for their win, but at the same time, our manager was not resonsible for our defeat ? Make your mind up man - do managers have responsibility for the way their team play or not ?
I eagerly await the dull as dishwater long winded response that tries to wriggle out of that one.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

Trigger said:
I eagerly await the dull as dishwater long winded response that tries to wriggle out of that one.
OK, trig. I'll try not to be long winded.

PLAYERS WIN MATCHES. PLAYERS LOSE MATCHES. PERFORMANCE ON THE DAY IS WHAT MATTERS.

OK?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

Lord Bracknell said:
OK, trig. I'll try not to be long winded.

PLAYERS WIN MATCHES. PLAYERS LOSE MATCHES. PERFORMANCE ON THE DAY IS WHAT MATTERS.

OK?

Whose job is it to inspire the players ?
Whose job is it to instruct the players ?
Whose job is it to train the players ?
Whose job is it to bring the best out of players ?
Whose job is it to select the players to play ?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

pasty said:
Whose job is it to inspire the players ?
Whose job is it to instruct the players ?
Whose job is it to train the players ?
Whose job is it to bring the best out of players ?
Whose job is it to select the players to play ?

Whose job is it to ensure the manager has the players of the right calibre to compete at a level. You can only work with what you have and if they are not good enough then you are in the shit!!

Up to now he has only had the right players sold from his squad.

Virgo, Harding, Currie and Cullip

Last edited:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

fosters headband said:
Whose job is it to ensure the manager has the players of the right calibre to compete at a level. You can only work with what you have and if they are not good enough then you are in the shit!!

Up to now he has only had the right players sold from his squad.

Virgo, Harding, Currie and Cullip
That is the point.

Blaming McGhee for every setback is too simplistic.

In the Albion's circumstances, we have no options but to battle on. The players have demonstrated that they are capable of putting together a decent performance for about half a game at most.

If supporters persist with the story that it's McGhee alone who is to blame, this isn't going to turn things round.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why do the majority of McGhee backers always avoid answering direct questions ? Is it because they know the answers ?

Ansty Seagull

Oct 5, 2005
Ansty
Agree wholeheartedly. Now more than ever we need to pull together, the loudmouth behind me at Crewe yesterday baying at McGhee and the players is showing was showing his lack of beer-handling ability as well as potentially undermining young players who are giving their all, even if the end result is not what we'd like. Pull together now!:shutup:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
pasty said:
Why do the majority of McGhee backers always avoid answering direct questions ? Is it because they know the answers ?

No Pasty you are right that is the managers job, but understand the quality of what he is working with is shit.
If you put Shearer and Lampard in the side do you think we would still be in this position?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
fosters headband said:
No Pasty you are right that is the managers job, but understand the quality of what he is working with is shit.
If you put Shearer and Lampard in the side do you think we would still be in this position?

Fair point, but I was questioning LI's statement that Dario Gradi managed a team worse than us to a victory so was responsible for that, yet Mark McGhee is not responsible for our defeat.

pasty said:
Or is it because there isn't an answer?

I'm not "backing McGhee" and I'm not saying "Sack McGhee" either. That argument is an irrelevance.

If McGhee goes, the squad won't get any stronger. And without a stronger squad, relegation looks highly likely, even to those of us who are keeping the faith.

And it's too early to say what might happen next season ... other than to be pretty certain that we won't be better off financially.

I dare say, in other circumstances, we might be turning on the Board. But we can't. We need DK and MP to see the Falmer project through.

In reality, we are probably stuffed. But not as stuffed as we might have been if the Board hadn't got us this far.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Virgo's Haircut said:
Yes, but....

"We can't afford to sack him"

"He's got no money"

"We play in an Athlectics Stadium"

None of these wash with me. No manager, in any sport, no matter what the circumstances, should keep his job after winning just 6 games out of a possible 49. It's totally unacceptable. Nearly all of his signings have been utter shite. Malongo, McCammon, Turienzo, Jarrett. So what, he signed Carole and Frutos. We haven't exactly won many games when they've played have we?

MAGOO OUT AND NOW!

'We can't afford to sack him', isn't an excuse, it is a financial fact of life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here