Votes: 126 55.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This might sound like a bad attitude, but too late now to change anything really. Bringing in a new man now in a futile attempt to avoid the drop without looking ahead to next season could end up hurting us a lot more. So I've gone with in. Not saying McGhee is necessarily the man for the future, but wait till the summer to assess that question.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
ATFC Seagull said:
This might sound like a bad attitude, but too late now to change anything really. Bringing in a new man now in a futile attempt to avoid the drop without looking ahead to next season could end up hurting us a lot more. So I've gone with in. Not saying McGhee is necessarily the man for the future, but wait till the summer to assess that question.

But if we are going to let McGhee stay onto the summer then he may as well be given a fair crack at trying to get us back up. If so, I think it would not be a bad idea to give a deadline of 1-12-06 to assess how we are doing. If things are going well then all well and good but if not then a new man can come in and have a month to look at the squad in action before the transfer window opens.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
This 'too late to change now' talk dont wash with me, a new man with new ideas(i.e free kicks,corners,keeping a settled team,players in their right positions,that type of thing),would gee the whole squad up,look what it done for Leicester & Newcastle within 2-3 games.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Don Tmatter said:
This 'too late to change now' talk dont wash with me, a new man with new ideas(i.e free kicks,corners,keeping a settled team,players in their right positions,that type of thing),would gee the whole squad up,look what it done for Leicester & Newcastle within 2-3 games.

Agreed, if we are to change then it has to be now so even if we do go down the new man would have had time to assess the squad and re-build in the summer. If we are not going to replace McGhee then we may as not bother until later in the year.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
If McGhee was in charge of any other club anywhere in the world, today would of been the final nail in the coffin and he would be collecting his P45.

Also do we have to pay him compensation if he is sacked?

Can we afford to have a caretaker manager in charge for the next god knows how many games?

If he is to be ditched we need a permanent replacement immediatley albeit untill the end of the season initially.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Don Tmatter said:
my thoughts exactly he's run out of ideas and don't know what to do.glenn roeder is hardly jose mourinho but look at the difference he's made. mcghee out for me

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The players must accept their responsibility for today.

They were totally pathetic in the second half.

Virgo's Haircut said:
The usual after game poll

Yes, the usual pile of shit.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
I think I've said this before but McGhee is a clueless :censored: :salute: :salute: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :jester: who has absolutely no idea how to treat players at all.

ALL THIS:shit: of we just need a striker is making me :sick:

Please Mr Dick Knight, This man is taking us down, has said in the past he wants to manage higher than League one and will just walk away anyway in the end. Put someone in place who has new & Fresh ideas.....

Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

brightonfan_86 said:
I don't normally reply to you LI, but 6 wins in 48 games is shit. Losing to a team who hadn't won in 17 games untill today. And your saying usual pile of shit? :rolleyes:

Yes, a poll after every game is the usual pile of shit. It's depressing bollocks and doesn't motivate anyone to get to Plymouth or to get behind the team in general. McGhee doesn't manage a normal club so that has to be taken account when judging his record, that's the reality of it.

perth seagull said:
I'd like to see McGhee go so that we can rebuild for next season.

Funny that, that's precisely the reason many us want him to stay.

bew4194 said:
A new manager can often boost an out-of-form team. It has been proven.

Really? I'm sure I recall that some football organisation actually analysed the stats on that, the results were on NSC a few months ago, it revealed that teams generally do worse.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

London Irish said:
Yes, a poll after every game is the usual pile of shit. It's depressing bollocks and doesn't motivate anyone to get to Plymouth or to get behind the team in general.

What might just motivate people to go to Plymouth would have been a win today. We played the team bottom of the division. We played the tam that have concede more goals than anyone. Sheffield Wednesday lost, Millwall lost, Leicester lost, everything went right for us.

But did we manage even a point ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

pasty said:
What might just motivate people to go to Plymouth would have been a win today. We played the team bottom of the division. We played the tam that have concede more goals than anyone. Sheffield Wednesday lost, Millwall lost, Leicester lost, everything went right for us.

But did we manage even a point ?

That will be the team talk to all the other teams next week at least you have a chance because Brighton keep losing as we are saying about Sheff Wed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here