• Fence

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyNormanBaker said:
But seriously, who could do a worse job?
Bob Booker, who would take over if MM was sacked today.

It would take approx 3 weeks to appoint a new manager and who's to say he can do any better (whoever he is)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Another reason why the whole coaching staff should be cleared out, with the exception of Hinsh and Wilkins.

Hinsh. Mmmmm Now what did everyone say about him?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yorkie said:
It would take approx 3 weeks to appoint a new manager and who's to say he can do any better (whoever he is)

Just by lifting the GLOOM over a club with an underacheiving manager can often turn things round in the short term.

I often think as well that we seem to overlook what potential we actually have, who's to say that Butters or Dodd wouldnt make good managers ?

The McGhee 'in' followers seem to be the ones who are more negative about the potential we have than the McGhee outers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
Just by lifting the GLOOM over a club with an underacheiving manager can often turn things round in the short term.

I often think as well that we seem to overlook what potential we actually have, who's to say that Butters or Dodd wouldnt make good managers ?

The McGhee 'in' followers seem to be the ones who are more negative about the potential we have than the McGhee outers.

I think Butters would make an excellent manager but he's got to get his coaching badges first.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Another reason why the whole coaching staff should be cleared out, with the exception of Hinsh and Wilkins.

They did a pretty good job getting us up here, and staying here. The division never gets easier. It can get harder! Other teams strengthen with a superior budget. Leeds/Ipswich etc. The teams that come down from the Premiership are generally just as strong as the ones that get promoted.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bellsize seagull said:
no one can change anyhing now so lets see if he can dig us out otherwise i think it may be time to go...holloway in :clap2:

Funnily enough on the football frenzy website there are a couple of QPR fans who are glad to get rid of him for constantly changing the team and playing players out of position.....

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Sack him. The season is now over. Let's get the new man in ASAP so that he can find his best team now rather than wait for pre-season. Some thing which McGhee is still yet to find!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yorkie said:
Funnily enough on the football frenzy website there are a couple of QPR fans who are glad to get rid of him for constantly changing the team and playing players out of position.....

At least they are safe from relegation. QPR PLAYER for PLAYER are Really no better than ourselves.

But the have a decent work ethic and up until recently a decent coach who can motivate and inspire players.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure that the Millwall supporters are now glad that McGhee was sacked from their club. After all, they've done so much better since he left, haven't they. :jester:

I really think McGhee is a good manager, but has struggled to get a team together that can play well for 90 minutes this year. At times we have seen some excellent football, but the inexperience throughout the squad is found out time and again and there's not a great deal McGhee can do about that in the short term. At least all our youngsters are gaining valuable experience at this level which will hopefully serve them well in the future.

I'm still firmly in the "IN" camp, and think that next season will see a marked improvement in performances, whatever division we find ourselves competing in.

I do accept that some of McGhee's decisions do seem to be odd at times, but I think it's often due to the limited options available to him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sully said:
I'm sure that the Millwall supporters are now glad that McGhee was sacked from their club. After all, they've done so much better since he left, haven't they. :jester:

It was mutual agreement but I agree with the rest of your post.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

Whose job is it to inspire the players ?
The Coaching Staff - The fans - The Manager

Whose job is it to instruct the players ?
The Coaching Staff - The Manger

Whose job is it to train the players ?
The Coaching Staff - The Manager

Whose job is it to bring the best out of players ?

Whose job is it to select the players to play ?

We all know the answers to the above.

Here's the questions in reverse - it's not as clear cut

Do the players lack insipration? - IMO, no.
Are the players given poor instructions? - IMO, no.
Are the players training effectively? IMO, yes.
Are the players motivated and performing to the best of their ability? IMO, no - but it's difficult to get motivate when you've forgotten how to win games.
Are the right players being selected? IMO, given the strength of the squad, pretty much Yes.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

Barnet Seagull said:
Whose job is it to inspire the players ?
The Coaching Staff - The fans - The Manager

Whose job is it to instruct the players ?
The Coaching Staff - The Manger

Whose job is it to train the players ?

Whose job is it to bring the best out of players ?

Whose job is it to select the players to play ?

We all know the answers to the above.

Here's the questions in reverse - it's not as clear cut

Do the players lack insipration? - IMO, no.
Are the players given poor instructions? - IMO, no.
Are the players training effectively? IMO, yes.
Are the players motivated and performing to the best of their ability? IMO, no - but it's difficult to get motivate when you've forgotten how to win games.
Are the right players being selected? IMO, given the strength of the squad, pretty much Yes.

One point I think you've missed out is, who's job is it to bring new players in, to get the best team?

Chairman - Manager.

Have they done the above well? imo NO.

McCammon, Turienzo, CKR, no left back all season and a weak midfield.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have never wanted a manager to be sacked as much as MM - he must be sacked now so we can build some confidence for next season.

Mark Mc gee please leave us now.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:albion:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee - In or Out?

n1 gull said:
One point I think you've missed out is, who's job is it to bring new players in, to get the best team?

Chairman - Manager.

Have they done the above well? imo NO.

McCammon, Turienzo, CKR, no left back all season and a weak midfield.

Agreed

To give em' their dues, they've tried. But imo No

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here