Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
footy frenzy said:
From a Coventry perspective I have seen McGammon flaps twice this season for Millwall and now the Albion and on both occasions was a constant threat and the one most likely to score in the first half. His performance in the second half was less impressive.

As for the penalty all I can say is I've now idea why it was given but as you will well know when you are in that position decisions go agains't you all the time and a slice of luck for the sky blues was well over due I'm just sorry it was at your expense and finally the dis-allowed goal in the first half was for offside but it went in off McCammon's hand as I could see that clearly from where I was sitting. Anyway good luck for your remaining 6 games I would hate to see either of us go down

From a spurs view he is shit

:clap2:

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Yes, his level is the Brighton and Hove Albion first eleven. That is where he is playing. :dunce:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Yes my point - He managed to net in a game in the league cup playing a side that are a poor league two side.

in some people's eyes they still think that's enough for the Championship. :lolol:

At best he'd have got himself onto the bench for Sat, not much different where he would have been, anyway.

Referee! said:
Yep, and against lower league opposition. He's better than Henry, he's going to save us :rolleyes:

Still the same old shit

Well, it looks like he was the one success of the night, scoring one goal, making the other. That in addition to him creating the best chance of the game for Leon at Hull.

And because of your tedious record of scapegoating the player, you can't even take some consolation from that out of tonight's debacle. Sad, innit? :wave:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
London Irish said:
Well, it looks like he was the one success of the night, scoring one goal, making the other. That in addition to him creating the best chance of the game for Leon at Hull.

And because of your tedious record of scapegoating the player, you can't even take some consolation from that out of tonight's debacle. Sad, innit? :wave:

:yawn: Does it matter if he's a positive out o the game though? He won't, with any luck be near the starting 11 come Saturday. He was just putting himself in the shop window for when the inevitable happens.

I don't understand why you defend him. It's not like the Butters situation, where we knew if he got himself fit he'd be up to it. McCammon has NEVER been up to it.

Last edited:

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Referee! said:
:yawn: Does it matter if he's a positive out o the game though? He won't, with any luck be near the starting 11 come Saturday. He was just putting himself in the shop window for when the inevitable happens.

But do you not see? Hull he was named on the bench, and when he came on by all accounts he was our best player and created our best chance. Tonight he started, and he scored one and made the other. I don't see why he is not going to be picked ahead of CKR on Saturday, on the basis of current form? :)

Referee! said:
He won't, with any luck be near the starting 11 come Saturday.

:D You see, it's comments like that make you look ridiculous. A fair-minded person would say that he is playing himself into contention for Saturday and would say McGhee should at least consider it. But you are too blinded by your petty little grudge against the player to even think clearly.

(By the way, I still prefer our Crewe line-up for Saturday but I think Big Mac would be a useful second-half addition to the team in any number of game circumstances :) )

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
:D You see, it's comments like that make you look ridiculous. A fair-minded person would say that he is playing himself into contention for Saturday and would say McGhee should at least consider it. But you are too blinded by your petty little grudge against the player to even think clearly.

(By the way, I still prefer our Crewe line-up for Saturday but I think Big Mac would be a useful second-half addition to the team in any number of game circumstances :) )

Also a fair minded person would say it was mainly a reserve side playing tonight and Mcghee still considers him a reserve

That this thread is so feckin OLD and that you are digging out OLD threads, only underlines that you had to wait a LONG TIME to make these points LI.

Not to say that a player can't manage to earn his way back into the side, but then that doesn't serve your point to mention that does it?

Players working hard to get into favour is a good thing, LI working this hard to thrust aged text into people's faces is a bit sad!

If McCammon was the best thing happening in an Albion shirt for this game probably is not saying much - let's see if he comes good for a spell in the Championship.

Last edited:

KinkyGoebels said:
Also a fair minded person would say it was mainly a reserve side playing tonight and Mcghee still considers him a reserve

Indeed, that's what I argued in the above post, I'd like to see him as an option from the bench. And what about you, would you grudgingly accept that would be a good option in light of his past two performances, or are you still calling for him to be offloaded out of the squad?

Last edited:

junior said:
I could have scored his goal tonight.

He has no footballing ability.

From the BBC match report:

"Mark McCammon's spectacular header from Sebastien Carole's cross put the Seagulls ahead before Jamie Tolley set up Mark Stallard to equalise.

Brighton looked to have booked their second-round place when substitute Jake Robinson swept home McCammon's cross."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here