Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Margaret Thatcher

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am of the same opinion as BOF. Thatch was a tough leader but she brought in a hell of a lot of positives and anyone would think we have 58 000 000 miners in this country, thats all you ever bloody well here, what about the miners, what about the miners

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That Frankie baby is utter codswallop. An overwhelming percentage of miners where in favour of the strike but played into her hands because of Scargills obstinence on the ballot issues. They were striking to save whole communities that relied solely on those pits and had met all productivity levels that Heseltine had set to keep the pits open. They were hard working men who held no-one to ransom. The reason our industries went to pot was because of lower prices from the Tiger economies and had nothing to do with shoddy workmanship and laziness. Leyland was run badly by a corrupt South African and he antagonised the working man very much in the same compassionless way Thatcher and her henchmen did.
Her legacy is as LB states, Northern Rock and all the other disgusting get rich quick and forget about the later consequences practises we saw during her reign.

and she nicked my milk............. horrible hard nosed cow.

f*** the miners when it was my job that was in jeopardy, I cared more about my situtation than theirs as they showed that they did the same. Tough shit it's a tough world. The unions and their practices and their greed were their own worst enemies. Had they not been trying to hold the country to ransome as they so often did then Thatcher or someone like Hitler would not have been needed. So much of British industry committed suicide by forcing people to look elsewhere for a better and cheaper product.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Still if we lose to Doncaster Rovers this afternoon , there is surely only 1 person to blame

THATCHER :angry:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
She is a hate-bandwagon to be jumped on by the uninformed, the inexperienced, and the bleating sheep, exemplified by the fact that on the well-known arbiter of sensibility and common sense that is "North Stand Chat", she is regularly vilified by people who were little more than a soon-to-be-lucky sperm in their father's ballbag.

I would rather take horse racing tips from US than to accept the view of NSC as being the internet-swingometer of public opinion.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
QUOTE=HampshireSeagulls;2335113]She is a hate-bandwagon to be jumped on by the uninformed, the inexperienced, and the bleating sheep, exemplified by the fact that on the well-known arbiter of sensibility and common sense that is "North Stand Chat", she is regularly vilified by people who were little more than a soon-to-be-lucky sperm in their father's ballbag.

I would rather take horse racing tips from US than to accept the view of NSC as being the internet-swingometer of public opinion.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

She is a hate-bandwagon to be jumped on by the uninformed, the inexperienced, and the bleating sheep, exemplified by the fact that on the well-known arbiter of sensibility and common sense that is "North Stand Chat", she is regularly vilified by people who were little more than a soon-to-be-lucky sperm in their father's ballbag.

I would rather take horse racing tips from US than to accept the view of NSC as being the internet-swingometer of public opinion.

I am a forty year old well informed man who has experience of local and issue based politics. I walk on two legs and don't have a wooly coat. I hate the bitch for everything she stood for and for her legacy of selfishness and greed that we live with now.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I am a forty year old well informed man who has experience of local and issue based politics. I walk on two legs and don't have a wooly coat. I hate the bitch for everything she stood for and for her legacy of selfishness and greed that we live with now.

40?

So she took your milk away then?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
QUOTE=HampshireSeagulls;2335113]She is a hate-bandwagon to be jumped on by the uninformed, the inexperienced, and the bleating sheep, exemplified by the fact that on the well-known arbiter of sensibility and common sense that is "North Stand Chat", she is regularly vilified by people who were little more than a soon-to-be-lucky sperm in their father's ballbag.

:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I lived through the whole of her era (I am 61 years of age) and the only thing she bought to the British public was unadulterated greed mostly from the people who were in her party or supported her.
I lived in Brighton at the time and many people who got caught up in her "me first get rich quick set" ended up losing their houses and family and in one case known to me his life,I could write on this forum and fill it up with whats wrong with the woman but have better things to do,just uttering her name makes me physically
sick.
the day she dies will never come to soon and will bring just a wry smile to my face.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
keep it coming, only a few more pages left to write! give me some filler! :)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
keep it coming, only a few more pages left to write! give me some filler! :)

There is a very rare picture of "Mags" in her early twenties, in a somewhat risque pose, wearing little more than a smile, looking coyly over her left shoulder as she leans away from the camera. There is a strange little man in the right hand of the shot, stood in front of a bath with what appears to be coal in it, with a ferret on a leash in one hand, a miner's hat in the other, and with a wispy hairstyle. He seems to be saying "N", presumed to be "Never Surrender", but then again could have been "No Staying Power", or "Nice Little Earner"....

And she supports Brighton, sporting a tidy little "seagull" tattoo on her left buttock, and one which says "We will never forget boxing day" down the inside of her right leg. There was no truth the rumour that she had a Crystal Palarse Eagle tattooed on her shit-chute, so that every time she crapped, she crapped on them.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
My daughter has just finished researching Maggie for a School project and I have been helping her quite a bit.
Reading through the months/years before her PM position I conclude that this Country was in an absolute shite state and she did everything she could to turn it around. British Industry was a complacent dinosaur that woke up far too late to the danger's of the new Japanese business model- look at Toyota for the best example and Leyland for the worst. Yeah she made mistakes, but don't all PM's? At least she wasn't a complete cockjockey arsehole like the recent Blair tosspot who will be remembered for doing sweet FA for this country and a damn sight more damage than any other PM.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
As others have said, Thatch is a living Goddess and true Brit

To all her detractors I would say that you're just spewing out the same old boring bollocks, get a life you mongs.

Thatcher is not responsible for all the worlds ills, there is no legacy of greed in Britain and people are no more or less greedy here than they are in other European countries. I suspect you've never forgiven the working classes voting for her in their millions, and as for grown men waiting for her to die, well, take a long hard look at yourselves

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dared to hope too!

"Thatcher promoted divisiveness in British society (something she believed not to exist) and encouraged the selfish gene at the expense of a humane and tolerant world. Her clearest legacy is that most people under 30 can't afford to buy a house, and many over 40 who lost a lot of money in the last housing crash can still no longer do so. In 1979 she claimed 'Labour isn't working' but in 3 short years she tripled Unemployment"
PG

I thought she had popped her clogs as well. Oh well, I'd better put my champagne back in the cellar.

Add to the above the 7800 school playing fields her government were complicit in selling off, the total cut in funding and closure of youth orientated projects (plus the selling off of the associated estate such as youth clubs) and the total decimation of the arts and culture of this country (this is an industry which is now said to be worth billions to the British economy....how short sighted can you be?).

If you want to see her legacy go and look at the youth of today who have nowhere to go in their spare time. If you want to look at her legacy go and look at ALL the Camden school kids who have NO green playing fields in their borough and have to be shipped out to Barnet.

17.5% VAT is her legacy as well. This was brought in to offset the lowering of the upper tax rate i.e. less tax for the rich, more tax for the poor.

Greed, selfishness and material pursuit and aspiration are some of the worst traits of this country...and she promoted and encouraged them all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As others have said, Thatch is a living Goddess and true Brit

To all her detractors I would say that you're just spewing out the same old boring bollocks, get a life you mongs.

Thatcher is not responsible for all the worlds ills, there is no legacy of greed in Britain and people are no more or less greedy here than they are in other European countries. I suspect you've never forgiven the working classes voting for her in their millions, and as for grown men waiting for her to die, well, take a long hard look at yourselves

This desire for her to die is sad and an rather unsavoury imo

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
My daughter has just finished researching Maggie for a School project and I have been helping her quite a bit.
Reading through the months/years before her PM position I conclude that this Country was in an absolute shite state and she did everything she could to turn it around. British Industry was a complacent dinosaur that woke up far too late to the danger's of the new Japanese business model- look at Toyota for the best example and Leyland for the worst. Yeah she made mistakes, but don't all PM's? At least she wasn't a complete cockjockey arsehole like the recent Blair tosspot who will be remembered for doing sweet FA for this country and a damn sight more damage than any other PM.

The best post on this thread by a country mile. I wonder how many of Thatcher's detractors on here were trying to pay a mortgage during her reign ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Personally I hate Blair as much as people seem to hate Thatcher but to want someone to die and piss on their grave and have a party is absolutely ridiculous and shameful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Personally I hate Blair as much as people seem to hate Thatcher but to want someone to die and piss on their grave and have a party is absolutely ridiculous and shameful.

I take it you wont be coming to my 'Maggie's Gone' party then?

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Elvis Costello - Tramp the Dirt Down

I saw a newspaper picture from the political campaign
A woman was kissing a child, who was obviously in pain
She spills with compassion, as that young childs
Face in her hands she grips
Can you imagine all that greed and avarice
Coming down on that childs lips

Well I hope I dont die too soon
I pray the lord my soul to save
Oh Ill be a good boy, Im trying so hard to behave
Because theres one thing I know, Id like to live
Long enough to savour
Thats when they finally put you in the ground
Ill stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

When England was the whore of the world
Margeret was her madam
And the future looked as bright and as clear as
The black tarmacadam
Well I hope that she sleeps well at night, isnt
Haunted by every tiny detail
cos when she held that lovely face in her hands
All she thought of was betrayal

And now the cynical ones say that it all ends the same in the long run
Try telling that to the desperate father who just squeezed the life from his only son
And how its only voices in your head and dreams you never dreamt
Try telling him the subtle difference between justice and contempt
Try telling me she isnt angry with this pitiful discontent
When they flaunt it in your face as you line up for punishment
And then expect you to say thank you straighten up, look proud and pleased
Because youve only got the symptoms, you havent got the whole disease
Just like a schoolboy, whose heads like a tin-can
Filled up with dreams then poured down the drain
Try telling that to the boys on both sides, being blown to bits or beaten and maimed
Who takes all the glory and none of the shame

Well I hope you live long now, I pray the lord your soul to keep
I think Ill be going before we fold our arms and start to weep
I never thought for a moment that human life could be so cheap
cos when they finally put you in the ground
Theyll stand there laughing and tramp the dirt down

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whatever happened to childhood?
We're all scared of the kids in our neighboorhood;
They're not small, charming and harmless,
They're a violent bunch of bastard little shits.
And anyone who looks younger than me
Makes me check for my wallet, my phone and my keys,
And I'm tired of being tired out
Always being on the lookout for thieving gits.

We're all wondering how we ended up so scared;
We spent ten long years teaching our kids not to care
And that "there's no such thing as society" anyway,
And all the rich folks act surprised
When all sense of community dies,
But you just closed your eyes to the other sidev Of all the things that she did.
Thatcher f***ed the kids.

And it seems a little bit rich to me,
The way the rich only ever talk of charity
In times like the seventies, the broken down economy
Meant even the upper tier was needing some help.
But as soon as things look brighter,
Yeah the grin gets wider and the grip gets tighter,
And for every teenage tracksuit mugger
There's a guy in a suit who wouldn't lift a finger for anybody else.

You've got a generation raised on the welfare state,
Enjoyed all its benefits and did just great,
But as soon as they were settled as the richest of the rich,
They kicked away the ladder, told the rest of us that life's a bitch.
And it's no surprise that all the f***-ups
Didn't show up until the kids had grown up.
But when no one ever smiles or ever helps a stranger,
Is it any f***ing wonder our society's in danger of collapse?

So all the kids are bastards,
But don't blame them, yeah, they learn by example.
Blame the folks who sold the future for the highest bid:
That's right, Thatcher f***ed the kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here