Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March for the flag. Unexpectedly early report.

As a poser,

Are there any other countries, where the national flag, is utilised by the right/ racists as an emblem of their racism?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
wrong word you forgot patriotism

I think he got it right, in most countires the national flag is used by patriots, just in some it's also been hijacked by boneheaded cretins of the far right. And Chicken Run's post above is a load of bollocks too. Which far right Cornish group are you referring to?

Jan 30, 2008
italy. that fuckwit berlusconi called his party 'forza italia' (come on italy) to basically steal all the far-right boneheads off the other far-right parties, and unite them under his own branch of 'politics', by using national flags, racist rhetoric and bullying.
and he has just been re elected i believe.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Catalonia

Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

The senyera is used in Catalunya as a symbol of 'national' pride (it even features on the back of Barca's shirts), and there is also a variation of it called the Estelada, which is generally proposed as a national flag by those who desire complete autonomy and independence for the region.

Both flags, although particularly the senyera, are widely embraced and flown by the entire Catalan population, and neither has any real history of being used as a tool for racists/the far right in the same way as the cross of St. George sadly is in this country. In fact, the Catalan independence movement is generally seen as being very left-wing and liberal.

Dandyman

In London village.
wrong word you forgot patriotism

No one who choses a user name that celebrates the vermin that murdered British POWs is a patriot.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think he got it right, in most countires the national flag is used by patriots, just in some it's also been hijacked by boneheaded cretins of the far right. And Chicken Run's post above is a load of bollocks too. Which far right Cornish group are you referring to?
Your right to respond is fair, to describe what i have said about the Cornish as being ALOOB's is not, their are many Cornish people that at best think they deserve complete independance from Britain and at worst a local assembley, I know many a cornishman happy to dammage property of non Cornish in the name of Nationalism, dont have to be left or right wing to want the English out of Cornwall, oh and they dont recognise the Union Flag!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Uncle Buck - I am in the easy chair -room on the sofa for three - bring some samosas and the bombay mix!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Uncle Buck - I am in the easy chair -room on the sofa for three - bring some samosas and the bombay mix!

Reminds me of the three Vulture's in the Tree in the Animated version of Jungle Book,"wot yer gonnado" "I dont know wot u gonna do" whilst the battle is taking place below, still those that can DO those that cant talk about it........

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
just thought - given the underlying sentiment of the thread sI hould have suggested cucumber sarnies instead. Ooh go one I'l have a lamb samosa..

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Reminds me of the three Vulture's in the Tree in the Animated version of Jungle Book,"wot yer gonnado" "I dont know wot u gonna do" whilst the battle is taking place below, still those that can DO those that cant talk about it........

he ain't no champ he's a chump...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here