Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nuts to think we might’ve sold two players for £50million+ in just over a year. Absolutely nuts.

Pleased for TB, it's been a long time coming and he has sunk a shit load in, Disappointed to lose star players? Yes of course but look where we are because of his investment and his recruitment seems to be bearing fruit too. We are not down to the bare bones.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
On the Basis of Biss being £30m, if we get 50m+ for Cucurella it'll be a total of £150m+ in 11 months!

The only downside is you do wonder what other chairman might get up to in future negotiations. It’s fairly obvious we now have serious spending power. Just as we are saying ‘rinse Man City’, other clubs will start to be thinking the same about us. Going to have to be some very savvy negotiating.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
This also has a certain inevitability about it, City can afford to pay what we want. Will they? Looking likely.. Sure to break the White transfer record if it progresses.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
More like 170 with Dan burn and other smaller transfers.

Mental.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

My estimate included Burn. I reckoned White, Burn, Tao, Ali J, Gykores and Longman must've totalled around 70m last season.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Surely he's better off playing another season with us, and see what's occurring at the end of this new season ???

I'm not sure the player would see it that way. You have to seize opportunities when they present themselves. Who's to say he will have another opportunity to move to a CL side that will be competing for multiple major honours on significantly enhanced salary? If the interest is genuine and the deal right, as a professional footballer he'd be mad to pass it by.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm not sure the player would see it that way. You have to seize opportunities when they present themselves. Who's to say he will have another opportunity to move to a CL side that will competing for multiple major honours on significantly enhanced salary? If the interest is genuine and the deal right, as a professional footballer he'd be mad to pass it by.

100%

If he doesn't go, City will buy another LB and he won't get another chance to go there and work with Pep.

Gong to City will give him a much better chance of a World Cu place.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it odd, all the national papers are still quoting the incorrect figure for Bissouma yet haven't begun to suggest a figure for Cucurella. Reading some of their rubbish it's just a case copy and paste.

Indeed I expect an offer to come in and indeed expect it to be undisclosed, my guess it will be quoted as between 50m and 65m + extras.

They want him they'll get him.

We move on. We are becoming an attractive club to play for and given our recent signings we do appear to be getting our targets. The top 6 don't need to fish in the ponds we do, they wait for us to land the good ones. I'm sure we have some of the best rods around and good bait. Get the net ready.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm not sure the player would see it that way. You have to seize opportunities when they present themselves. Who's to say he will have another opportunity to move to a CL side that will be competing for multiple major honours on significantly enhanced salary? If the interest is genuine and the deal right, as a professional footballer he'd be mad to pass it by.

Call me old fashioned, loyalty to club, he's only been here 5 mins and may get a chance of Euro footy with us next season, stranger things have happened.

He might get a better offer than Man City?

Palarse ....:wink:

Why would he do that and why would he be better off doing it? What is he going to wait a season for... Tottenham?

Answers to your angry questions as follows:

1. Haven't asked him.
2. Don't know
3. Don't know

Or see reply above to [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is it odd, all the national papers are still quoting the incorrect figure for Bissouma yet haven't begun to suggest a figure for Cucurella. Reading some of their rubbish it's just a case copy and paste.

Indeed I expect an offer to come in and indeed expect it to be undisclosed, my guess it will be quoted as between 50m and 65m + extras.

They want him they'll get him.

We move on. We are becoming an attractive club to play for and given our recent signings we do appear to be getting our targets. The top 6 don't need to fish in the ponds we do, they wait for us to land the good ones. I'm sure we have some of the best rods around and good bait. Get the net ready.

Agree with everything bar the figure.
Think they will lowball us with an offer of around £30m and hope to deal at £35-£40m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here