Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The problem with Sessegnon is that Spurs paid a whopping £25m for him and he's barely got a look in, plus 20 odd games at Hoffenheim last season means that Spurs will want some of that investment back. He's also only 2 years through a 5 year deal. Personally, I'd love him but I think he's miles out of our price range sadly

In addition, Spurs new manager Nuno - unlike Mourinho - loves wing-backs and is likely to want to have Sessegnon in his matchday squad.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Could be same kind of situation as the Japanese winger. Maybe we can/will have deal in place and they sign after tournament?

Maybe we got organised and have someone out there to negotiate with both and oversee medicals etc....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good point lads - impatient me :lol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If Atletico are interested and willing to match what we offer this is going the same way as Nunez and Gonzales

There are players for whom coming to the premier league is very attractive and outweighs other considerations. Although we'd all be very surprised if he bypassed the reigning Spanish league champions and Champions League contenders in our favour - but equally he would have to be a brilliant player out of our league for them to want him as a starter in their side. Who knows, its all just noise really...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

So Getafe are saying they want Cucurella to stay but if the buy-out clause amount is met then they have replacements ready.

Getafe paid 10 million Euros and apparently Barca will get 40% of any transfer fee profit, so I don't see Getafe have any wriggle room to reduce the asking price from the £15 million the Argus quoted.

Leeds paid Barcelona £12.8million for Firpo and from what I've read Cucurella is rated as better than Firpo, although Barca chose Firpo as back-up to Jordi Alba which is why they let Cucurella go.

Therefore, £15 million is the going rate for Cucurella, it's now down to whether the Albion think they can get better value elsewhere.

I find it slightly puzzling that we are happy to let the likes of Ryan and Propper leave for peanuts yet won't pay the going rate for a player we've been following for some time. As a fan I am not saying we are entitled to be signing £15 mill left-backs, but if we are selling White then we'll have the cash to make Cucurella happen.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So Getafe are saying they want Cucurella to stay but if the buy-out clause amount is met then they have replacements ready.

Getafe paid 10 million Euros and apparently Barca will get 40% of any transfer fee profit, so I don't see Getafe have any wriggle room to reduce the asking price from the £15 million the Argus quoted.

Leeds paid Barcelona £12.8million for Firpo and from what I've read Cucurella is rated as better than Firpo, although Barca chose Firpo as back-up to Jordi Alba which is why they let Cucurella go.

Therefore, £15 million is the going rate for Cucurella, it's now down to whether the Albion think they can get better value elsewhere.

I find it slightly puzzling that we are happy to let the likes of Ryan and Propper leave for peanuts yet won't pay the going rate for a player we've been following for some time. As a fan I am not saying we are entitled to be signing £15 mill left-backs, but if we are selling White then we'll have the cash to make Cucurella happen.

Sure when I was searching there was a tweet thing with a video of him apparently confirming his release cause at 18m Euros… so £15mil sounds about right. Meet that and it’s nothing to do with Getafte as such. Fingers crossed.

Also, that Athletoco Madrid article was just something I found from start of June - pinch of salt I’d suggest everyone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don’t think anyone is suggesting we won’t pay the going rate, but really not unusual to try a lower offer first when you’re buying something………

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Don’t think anyone is suggesting we won’t pay the going rate, but really not unusual to try a lower offer first when you’re buying something………

Except that the club have said they cannot compete in the open market so have to "fish in a different pond". Once the news is out there the pond changes. The Getafe president has already said they have player cover if the clause fee is paid.

Mwepu was text book transfer business by the Albion, as was Caicedo. Now with Cucurella away at the Olympics there is a serious possibility of a bigger club hijacking the deal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Except that the club have said they cannot compete in the open market so have to "fish in a different pond". Once the news is out there the pond changes. The Getafe president has already said they have player cover if the clause fee is paid.

Mwepu was text book transfer business by the Albion, as was Caicedo. Now with Cucurella away at the Olympics there is a serious possibility of a bigger club hijacking the deal.

Think he’s quoted saying that after we had bid…….

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I genuinely think the club can't help themselves and would rather lose a player they want than appear to Planet Football as 'Loadsamoney'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can feel the smelly breath of other clubs watching this very carefully

Why wouldn't other clubs not be watching Claudia Rodriguez other half who's a 22 years old, Spanish international, from the Barca academy?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
La cucuracha, la cucuracha, da da dada.

For that reason Iam IN

This shurely?

"Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my Marc Cucurella
You can stand under my Marc Cucurella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh"

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018