Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So Getafe are saying they want Cucurella to stay but if the buy-out clause amount is met then they have replacements ready.

Getafe paid 10 million Euros and apparently Barca will get 40% of any transfer fee profit, so I don't see Getafe have any wriggle room to reduce the asking price from the £15 million the Argus quoted.

Leeds paid Barcelona £12.8million for Firpo and from what I've read Cucurella is rated as better than Firpo, although Barca chose Firpo as back-up to Jordi Alba which is why they let Cucurella go.

Therefore, £15 million is the going rate for Cucurella, it's now down to whether the Albion think they can get better value elsewhere.

I find it slightly puzzling that we are happy to let the likes of Ryan and Propper leave for peanuts yet won't pay the going rate for a player we've been following for some time. As a fan I am not saying we are entitled to be signing £15 mill left-backs, but if we are selling White then we'll have the cash to make Cucurella happen.

Assuming if we meet the buy out clause it’s a straight fee and we don’t have to negotiate any further sell on clauses.

If they accept below the £18m quoted say £15m then they would probably want the a sell on clause.

For the sake of 3m (he says) hopefully this gets over the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Cucarella came to Sussex by the sea-ee
Merry merry king of the Premier Lea-eague.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I went to see Barca Vs Getafe just before lockdown. My son watches a lot of Spanish football and told me to look out for Cucarella as he really rated him.
He wasn't wrong Cucarella was excellent. Absolute top signing if we can make it happen.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You are a valued and interesting poster. I sincerely hope that there won't be some huge reputational damage after this tantalising post Mr Tay.

Swoop , as in Swoop , I know absolutely nothing about the possible signing of this bloke , what I do know is SWOOP is the word I want to see , nothing more .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Swoop , as in Swoop , I know absolutely nothing about the possible signing of this bloke , what I do know is SWOOP is the word I want to see , nothing more .

So you’re basically confirming it! Great stuff!! Looking forward to seeing this guy in the stripes!

:albion2: :clap2: :flounce::albion2:

:vuvu:

:albion2: :rave::clap2: :albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Ffs :facepalm: in BOLD too man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here