Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He is clearly rapid whatever 'analysis' sites say. Watch the videos.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He is clearly rapid whatever 'analysis' sites say. Watch the videos.

Maybe I’m wrong - had watched and didn’t think we was outstandingly quick. Watched again and does show some decent pace but not sure if I’d say ‘rapid’. Hope you’re right and I’m wrong obviously!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Solly has had a bad injury and there is no guarantee he will be as potent as before. Indeed, he wasn't blessed with electric pace, and therefore if Potter is intent on playing wing-backs and requires a workhorse then the pool of quality players to choose from is small, regardless of nationality.

We appear to be clearing space in the squad for homegrown talent and I can see Haydon Roberts getting cup games and Khadra getting game time if Trossard is away with Belgium.

If Trossard's away with Belgium, won't that be in an internatinal break, so no opportunity for Khedra there?

You may be right about Roberts - I can see him spending a year back with us (mainly in the U23s, but some time training with the first team) before going on a Championship loan next season.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If Trossard's away with Belgium, won't that be in an internatinal break, so no opportunity for Khedra there?

You may be right about Roberts - I can see him spending a year back with us (mainly in the U23s, but some time training with the first team) before going on a Championship loan next season.

I'd be surprised if Roberts doesn't go out on loan this season! I can see Khedra staying to replace Jahanbakhsh and get some game time though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'd be surprised if Roberts doesn't go out on loan this season! I can see Khedra staying to replace Jahanbakhsh and get some game time though.

I mean I don’t know Ashworths thinking, but I’d presume Hayden’s next stage of development would be a competitive Championship side.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd be surprised if Roberts doesn't go out on loan this season!
We'll see - he's still only 19, and I'm not sure he'd be ready for the Championship quite yet. He does seem to have grown a bit - but that's maybe his hairstyle! We've got so much to speculate about this summer - it's turning into one of the most exxciting transfer windows I can remember!

I can see Khedra staying to replace Jahanbakhsh and get some game time though.
If we can move Jahanbakhsh on ................................

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
We'll see - he's still only 19, and I'm not sure he'd be ready for the Championship quite yet. He does seem to have grown a bit - but that's maybe his hairstyle! We've got so much to speculate about this summer - it's turning into one of the most exxciting transfer windows I can remember!

If we can move Jahanbakhsh on ................................

Only ever wanted a clear out this summer and the purchase of the special one upfront plus a left back / left wingback. was shocked in a way by a new midfielder joining as Propper was non existent anyway last season but I would still would go after Ryan Sessegnon. :smile:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Occasionally there will be 19 year olds deemed good enough for the first team squad. So I wouldn't be that surprised if Roberts stayed- especially as he is left footed.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
I mean I don’t know Ashworths thinking, but I’d presume Hayden’s next stage of development would be a competitive Championship side.
I’m not too sure he is ready yet. Roberts only actually averaged 59 minutes in games he was not injured for Rochdale (who were relegated to league two). I wouldn’t be surprised if he got another L1 loan

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Would love this one to get over the line. Obviously impressive career history and definitely need a player in his position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I want this one a lot… lots of good things about him and young to develop… not much news since original break though :(

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Only ever wanted a clear out this summer and the purchase of the special one upfront plus a left back / left wingback. was shocked in a way by a new midfielder joining as Propper was non existent anyway last season but I would still would go after Ryan Sessegnon. :smile:

The problem with Sessegnon is that Spurs paid a whopping £25m for him and he's barely got a look in, plus 20 odd games at Hoffenheim last season means that Spurs will want some of that investment back. He's also only 2 years through a 5 year deal. Personally, I'd love him but I think he's miles out of our price range sadly

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I want this one a lot… lots of good things about him and young to develop… not much news since original break though :(

Quite happy that it's quiet to be honest - no noise re potential other clubs involved..................hopefully means we're doing our usual secret deal. Next news might be confirmation he's singed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good point lads - impatient me :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here