Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm pretty much expecting a left footed player to arrive. If its Cucurella or someone else, who knows. I like what I've seen from him in Getafe and still dont think they got the most out of him due to their playing style.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
Seems like a good signing, but this one worries me a bit. March was already apprehensive of signing a new contract (he only has 1 year left), so he’s probably be even more uncertain if we signed another player to play in his position.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We always get gazumped. Agent once again has made this public to fish out bigger clubs. Infuriating but you can't really blame them I guess.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

If we meet the contractual release clause and the player wants to come here then the deal could be done relatively quickly.

The prospect of him and Lamptey as wing-backs is very exciting.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Seems like a good signing, but this one worries me a bit. March was already apprehensive of signing a new contract (he only has 1 year left), so he’s probably be even more uncertain if we signed another player to play in his position.

Then it’s off to the championship. I can’t see too many PL clubs desperate to sign solly.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

What makes you say that he's apprehensive? Any facts or just conjecture?

Had an outstanding first half of the season before his injury, best in the stripes imo.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He’s quick , so him and Lamptey could be a great combination . Obviously Karbo can play in that position as well if needed and he’s quick .

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Me too. I won't be disappointed if this one diesn't happen. I want us to succeed, I want us to get better - but I'd like to see it happen with players we know and like; 'one of our own'. I know there's no room for sentiment in football - but I don't want to see Solly replaced, not yet anyway!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Me too. I won't be disappointed if this one diesn't happen. I want us to succeed, I want us to get better - but I'd like to see it happen with players we know and like; 'one of our own'. I know there's no room for sentiment in football - but I don't want to see Solly replaced, not yet anyway!

If Solly is up for the challenge I am sure he will cope. It may spur him on to greater things. If he moved he would have players competing for places or perhaps not if he took a downward step.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He can be a squad player for us in the prem or perhaps feature more regulsrly in the championship... If he wants to go fair play to him but he'll be no great loss if we're looking to bring in players of Cucurella's calibre

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Is that a joke?! I promise you if March was made available, he would have a large queue of Premier League clubs after him.

Nonsense, maybe one of the newly promoted sides would take a sniff but no-one else would be interested.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nonsense, maybe one of the newly promoted sides would take a sniff but no-one else would be interested.

A reliable, talented, hard working and determined Englishman in his mid twenties who can play in multiple positions? Anyone outside of the European positions would have him in their squad. The likes of Sean Dyche would tear your arm off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Solly has had a bad injury and there is no guarantee he will be as potent as before. Indeed, he wasn't blessed with electric pace, and therefore if Potter is intent on playing wing-backs and requires a workhorse then the pool of quality players to choose from is small, regardless of nationality.

We appear to be clearing space in the squad for homegrown talent and I can see Haydon Roberts getting cup games and Khadra getting game time if Trossard is away with Belgium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here