Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
IMO whereever you go you get a lot of decent friendly people as well as a lot of idiots, but I find it funny when my manc mates try to tell me that mancs/northerners are friendlier than southerners etc... mancs can definitely be very rude and miserable when they want to be. I always find Brighton to be quite a bit more friendly and cheery whenever im back in the area. Maybe its the weather, like you mentioned.

yep, i've never found mancunians to be overly friendly generally in the first instance, i think they have an irrational fear of southerners in most cases and i often find people will be wary of me when first meeting. maybe this goes back to the old mill days, i dunno.

i don't think you'd get this so much in brighton, and definately not london.

they also like to use the old 'nobody talks to each other on the tube in that there london' line up north.

they also think everybody lives in luxury down south and that council estates are exclusive to the M62 corridor.

in other northern cod-racist generalisations i find scousers a bit snide but quite funny, cheshire folk a tad deluded with a lack of identity, yorkshire folk a bit backwards with lack of humour, cumbrians well weird but self depracting, them from the north east are really cool though, i like them all between northalerton and berwick.

of course, i always act without prejudice when meeting these bin-dippers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here