Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
The lesser of two evils for me, I’d rather the even more costly Mansour project win the proper trophies. Anyone but Manure.

I hope now to put this oh so predictable result to bed, and look forward to our next fixtures.

(Also, context: Stains lost 9-0 against The Hobbit’s millionaires).
100 percent agree.

At least they play decent football, and Pep is a nice bloke with a footballing brain...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This actually makes me so proud of our team.

Yeah we weren't great in the 2nd half, but we outclassed them for about 60 minutes. Imagine having to rely on dodgy officiating, mediocre football at best, one player to carry the team and some piss poor manager who, let's be honest, wouldn't had got the job if he wasn't a club legend.

Rant over, onto the next one!

Our starting 11 cost 61 million, 3/4 of the price of Slabhead.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Yeah we weren't great in the 2nd half, but we outclassed them for about 60 minutes. Imagine having to rely on dodgy officiating, mediocre football at best, one player to carry the team and some piss poor manager who, let's be honest, wouldn't had got the job if he wasn't a club legend.

Proud that we lost a football match? Many worse teams than us have gone there and won. They were just the better side and a draw would have possibly been about right.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Proud that we lost a football match? Many worse teams than us have gone there and won. They were just the better side and a draw would have possibly been about right.

Minnows went to the second or third biggest spenders on the planet, played well for an hour, led and narrowly lost, could’ve had a key pen decision. Weren’t overawed.

A highly predictable result in any neutral’s book, but in the end it was a struggle for Manure.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

When you think about it, we’ve gone away to the team 2nd in the league, outplayed them in first half and are disappointed with a very narrow loss. It is a sign of progress.

Under previous management we wouldn’t even be in these away games at big clubs. It’s a sea change and hopefully we can improve even more.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We were missing 3 possibly 4 first choice players, United was missing 1. 3 of those players were missing from our first choice defence. Also, those 3 players would all have been in the running for player of the season, had their form continued.

We did very well, considering.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When I saw our bench tonight I felt that we’d need to have a two goal lead after 60 mins to stand a chance of winning. Just imagine if we had had Lamptey, March, Webster, Connolly, Burn and Andone fit and available to play/come on.

I wonder why United had two keepers on their bench.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Was that our best PL performance at OT since promotion? I know I went to the other 3 (1-0, 2-1, 3-1) but can’t remember them in detail or the strength of United at the time. We’ve always given them a game but just can’t see us keeping the likes of Rashford off the scoresheet. We’ll need to score at least twice to have a chance of winning and we came damn close tonight.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Only saw the 2nd half but seemed a great effort. Play in similar way for rest of the season and we'll be fine.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Your old line was we couldn’t beat any of the big teams away from home. Since then we’ve beaten Arsenal and Liverpool at their places. It’ll come soon enough the way we’re progressing. No need to wind yourself up[emoji106]

Yes, but I knew we’d beaten Liverpool away. Arsenal away. Utd and Chelsea just escapes us...as it did our ancestors.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Is this West Brom who despite that result yesterday sit 11 points behind us with a GD of - 34 to our - 5? I'll let them have their freak win over Chelsea and move on

I wasn’t moaning in league terms. But in history. We just can’t seem to beat Utd or Chelsea at their famous stadiums. So frustrating. Be nice to wouldn’t it? Maybe in another life, because it sure didn’t happen in the last and won’t in this one either seemingly :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is it too late to be awarded that penalty?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Rio Ferdinand, we need to get mentally stronger both manager and team. Still very much in the relegation mire!

I'm always curious as to how both manager and team get mentally stronger.
And how would we know, what would it look like, if they did?

Absent an answer it's all just management-speak.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yes United played well in that second half, and got a bit lucky with their 2nd goal but its all about game management again for me. A draw would have been a very handy result. After 80 minutes gone with it being 1-1, and us under pressure surely the team should be thinking we might still be able to nick a counter attack goal here but priority is to hold onto the point by keeping tight defensive formation & make it so any United goal would have to come from a 30 yard smash or a brilliant bit of play & not get undone by leaving Pogba in space in our box. I know its crap tactics to park the bus but there are times for it. Sometimes we're just too blinded by going for the 3 points that it means we forget the value of the 1 point. We could be well clear of the relegation battle if we'd had the right mentality to see out games like this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The reality is that teams like Utd can play very poorly but still get results, because they have several individuals who can do something special, or something clinical in a single moment to completely sway a result their way. And when they have all the possession in the 2nd half, its only a matter of time before they catch a break.

Man U were bang average, but won the game because they have someone who is lightning quick and an utterly ruthless finisher, and they also got a stroke of luck for the winner from Pogba's fluffed volley. Its why they're 2nd in the table. They've been doing it all season - not playing well, but doing enough to grind out the points. We were simply the latest victims of that, they've done it all year against much better teams than BHA.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I will watch it layer today, but just read the write up and commentary in Sporting Life. I thought Biss wasn't playing until I looked the team sheet. No mention in commentary at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here