Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
When VAR refused to review the foul, I could see the way things were heading and took out an insurance bet on a united win @ 6/5

And I don't feel remotely compensated

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

[emoji23] yep!

Other than Swansman I’m probably Potter’s biggest fan but Ali J?! He must have a blind spot there!

I actually feel sorry for Alireza, he is so far out of his depth.

I was definitely in favour of AJ getting more opportunities. Because at one point I don’t think he was. But he’s had many now and think he should be pretty low in the pecking order. He’s too slow for the way we play as well.

I think he’ll be gone next season.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
VAR wouldn't have had to. If it had happened the other way around Dean would have given it. Not only did he play through him, he was also pulling down with his hand on Welbeck's shoulder.

I’ve watched it numerous times and I just can’t see it [emoji2369]

I think we’re clutching at straws. I certainly don’t think anyone can confidently say it was definitely a foul?

We’re all all forgetting we’d have missed it anyway which would have hurt even more so really Dean just saved us more heartache!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
We just sat too deep.

We sat deep first half - we just went forward with pace.

Difference for me 2nd half wasn’t that we sat deep - when we got the ball back we were slow with it trying to get some control, but MU were swarming all over us. We needed to move the ball quicker in possession, I didn’t think the sitting deep was an issue.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Was listening to 5 live in real time they thought it was a penalty and red card
Due to the contact disrupting Welbz running motion
Now when was it permissible to place hands upon an opponent as per the picture ?
They also questioned the possibility of the VAR monitor being faulty due to the actions of the operative nearest to it

Sounds like a job for Steve Arnott.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Gutted. We played well. To everyone saying we sat off it's because United played with real intensity at times. It's what we did to Newcastle, Liverpool, Spurs etc. They stopped us for a bit. Only gripe is that we needed to be more smart. A couple of times Sanchez released the ball quickly when he had it. Understand we need to be brave and keep possession when we have a chance but one of these times he could have done a Burnley and rolled around on the floor and took his time as we needed a breather in the 2nd half. Oh and Macquire is a horrible, horrible shit on the pitch. Disgusting fat headed prick.
Id guess some would say hes exactly the same off the pitch !
what happened with the Cyprus incident ??

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Decent performance against the team who will finish 2nd this year - and we were just a shade behind them. The usual angst and gnashing of teeth on here. Get a grip people.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. No disgrace whatsoever.

Slightly annoyed at the manner of losing, especially the second goal and the penalty not given. But no shame. I love that we can go to all the big sides now and give them a proper game.

Manure operate on a player wages budget 3x ours, they’ve titted around with £1.1b on transfer spending post-Taggart, ours is £220m.

For what? They don’t come anywhere near winning leagues or the CL, they dive a lot, relying on favourable officials and VAR. Just laugh at the scum.

The Albion are on a different journey, operating on relative buttons.

I’m not going to hate Potter tonight for losing to that lot.

But I wish he’d stop playing bloody Jahanbakhsh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great 45 but hard to keep it up when a billionaire team decides to step it up.

Delighted that my team can even play like the first 45, although disappointed with the second half.

Agreed but first 10 mins showed how blooming hard it is - Pogba cost more than our squad tonight I guess? To go to OT and the Etihad (1st and 2nd) and give them games / scares like we did is just lovely. We have to just enjoy these nights - even in defeat - because it sinply will NOT last forever!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The majority of our players could.

Slabhead had his hand on Welbeck’s should for at least 3 strides pulling him back and slowing him down so that he is unable to connect with the ball.

If you think that is part of the game then so be it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Manure operate on a player wages budget 3x ours, they’ve titted around with £1.1b on transfer spending post-Taggart, ours is £220m.

For what? They don’t come anywhere near winning leagues or the CL, they dive a lot, relying on favourable officials and VAR. Just laugh at the scum.

The Albion are on a different journey, operating on relative buttons.

I’m not going to hate Potter tonight for losing to that lot.

But I wish he’d stop playing bloody Jahanbakhsh.

[emoji106]

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

I think we’re clutching at straws. I certainly don’t think anyone can confidently say it was definitely a foul?

We’re all all forgetting we’d have missed it anyway which would have hurt even more so really Dean just saved us more heartache!

Ha ha, I know what you mean, but as a defender if you’re wrong side you can’t afford any contact, I think Maguire’s left leg knocks into Welbeck’s right and stops it from making contact with the ball. It’s not a lot of contact, but it’s impeded Welbeck and the defender is behind no where near the ball. It’s soft but it’s a pen for me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another frustrating result

Bad second half until They equalised . Too deep and wasn’t sticking .

Could of got away with a point

Gave up when AJ came on . How’s he even in the squad . Joke that

Depending on Fulham losing for now

6 points needed still i expect

If we stay up my god i hope we don’t have a repeat of this season . Beyond painful viewing

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
there were two other incidents that highlight the bias - Gross got booked for a tug back (rightly) sometime after Fred 9wrongly) got away with it. White got booked for stopping a throw in by taking the ball away, Shaw threw the ball away from the spot when Brighton were going to take a free kick. Would the penalty have been soft , possibly but soft penalties are given all the time especially to MU.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The majority of our players could.

Slabhead had his hand on Welbeck’s should for at least 3 strides pulling him back and slowing him down so that he is unable to connect with the ball.

If you think that is part of the game then so be it.

The same actions that got Pascal a booking...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here