Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Reading back I’m suprised how sure some of you are about the ‘penalty’. Not enough in it to overturn the decision for me.

I’d have been mightily pissed off if VAR had given that against us.

VAR wouldn't have had to. If it had happened the other way around Dean would have given it. Not only did he play through him, he was also pulling down with his hand on Welbeck's shoulder.

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Well, the terrific run had to come to an end some time. Cheated out of it though. That's ruined Easter. What an absolutely shite weekend I've had with throwing my guts up last night and shitting through the eye of a needle with rusty rancid poo water.

Hopefully get something out of Everton.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I don't want AJ anywhere near our team. Lovely man but simply not up to it. He should have drove at their defence but played a square ball to Gross. The only advantage of him coming on is that it may tell potential suitors he's close to the first team?

I wouldn’t worry about AJ, him in the last 5 mins isn’t go to do much harm.

Suspect we’ll have another player in his spot next season and he’ll be back in Holland.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
We will NEVER be considered an established Premier League team until we can shithouse our way to a result.

Pains me to say it but we need to take a leaf out of the Palace book.

There was no need for us to start dwelling on the ball, Veltman has been great, but it was 2 consecutive errors from him and the equalizer largely self inflicted.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually, it’s nothing unusual. Clubs do ask to clarify decisions after games. All teams have this season with VAR.

The last time we did was for the Brom free kick debacle.
..... and the favourable result for us was .......................................?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not the first time GPott has been out coached at halftime.

At least this he still keeps some credibility.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
In live time it looked like minimal contact. That freeze can easily make it look otherwise.

When I saw it at the time it didn't look clear that it was. I felt we were clutching at straws.

Was listening to 5 live in real time they thought it was a penalty and red card
Due to the contact disrupting Welbz running motion
Now when was it permissible to place hands upon an opponent as per the picture ?
They also questioned the possibility of the VAR monitor being faulty due to the actions of the operative nearest to it

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Game of two halves if ever there was one a draw would have been a fair result but fair plays no part in it for example was it a penalty to be fair yes but the referees thought it wasn't so it's not fair from our point of view!

We didn't discrace ourselves but we walk away with nothing it's just not fair

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Definitely not offside

Screenshot 2021-04-04 213559.png

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We were running out of steam, not breaking into their half hardly at all and giving the ball back cheaply in the second half.
Nothing to be ashamed of tonight against a top team although it’s always gutting to get close to a great result.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I wouldn’t worry about AJ, him in the last 5 mins isn’t go to do much harm.

Suspect we’ll have another player in his spot next season and he’ll be back in Holland.

You're right. It just feels a bit hopeless bringing him on. I would have preferred anyone else on that bench coming on bar Steele.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here