Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Ah well, Fulham getting unexpectedly tonked was the key result, didn’t really count on this one

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]1378805914787061761[/tweet]

In live time it looked like minimal contact. That freeze can easily make it look otherwise.

When I saw it at the time it didn't look clear that it was. I felt we were clutching at straws.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Given how vulnerable Utd's defence are, was it really the best idea to sit so deep before they equalized? Should have been same again from the get go.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Oh well. Not like we embarrassed ourselves to the team 2nd in the table with a budget far bigger than ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Got a bit passive 2nd half, but still thought it was a penalty in the few times we attacked in that time.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
If it was a penalty it would have been a soft one. VAR ruling was correct.

If those are going to keep being given then the game is dead.

Dean had a good game tonight.

If those keep being given, the defenders will have to learn how to play without cheating

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Given how vulnerable Utd's defence are, was it really the best idea to sit so deep before they equalized? Should have been same again from the get go.

True, but give Utd a bit of credit. They turned up big time in that second half. Made it very difficult for us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Unfortunately the Veltman error was the key turning point, knocked the stuffing etc

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
What a difference between halves. First half was brilliant. We came out for the second half, stopped pressing in the opposition half, sat deep as soon as we lost the ball, and basically invited pressure all half long.

And although I support GP, he looked at the bench and thought Ali J was the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's in slabheads contract that penalties are not to be given against him....plus I don't think there was enough in it to warrant it however how much I dislike the pikeys lovechild

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
It's the hope that kills you. Felt good at half time, but not a single attempt on target second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here