Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Lets all gang up on [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]. Like it's school or something.

But it’s not school. He’s an adult and with that comes responsibility. He’s willfully winding everyone up and acting like a dick, so it’s not a case of ganging up on him is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lets all gang up on [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]. Like it's school or something.
Come on, it's clear he's just trolling. Losing away to United is hardly the worst result of recent times. Overall this season we're doing well. Spence posted that Potter was useless and we'd be bottom, and then separate to that he posted that he knew Potter was going to be good for us. This isn't bullying, it's just calling out a wind-up merchant. The guy is just taking pleasure in pissing off fellow Brighton fans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on, it's clear he's just trolling. Losing away to United is hardly the worst result of recent times. Overall this season we're doing well. Spence posted that Potter was useless and we'd be bottom, and then separate to that he posted that he knew Potter was going to be good for us. This isn't bullying, it's just calling out a wind-up merchant. The guy is just taking pleasure in pissing off fellow Brighton fans.

Doesn’t wind me up, just a shame that someone who supports the Albion seems to revel in defeats :shrug:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That doesn’t mean much if you’re not doing anything with it, we barely troubled their goal. No shame in losing at OT however the performance was nowhere near what we’ve seen recently, too many players were poor today, and that’s what frustrates me the most.

Tongue in cheek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just heard Potter on TS say he knows how quick Dan James is, so wondering why he put Dan burn against him, some will say no choice however personally would have had a back three and March on as LWB from the start to at least have a chance against him

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Doesn’t wind me up, just a shame that someone who supports the Albion seems to revel in defeats :shrug:

I don't revel in defeats. To many goons getting caught up in Potterball. I warned about this. Look at the 2nd post on this match thread. That says it all. I know exactly what was coming.

There's massive flaws with this style if he persists with it away from home. I also said we have been quite lucky with results so far because the fixtures have been kind to us.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
But it’s not school. He’s an adult and with that comes responsibility. He’s willfully winding everyone up and acting like a dick, so it’s not a case of ganging up on him is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't there a block function for WUMs? I wouldn't know, I've never blocked anybody. Pessimists are part of the rich tapestry of life, and sometimes they are right. Not that spence is ever right, mind you.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don't revel in defeats. To many goons getting caught up in Potterball. I warned about this. Look at the 2nd post on this match thread. That says it all. I know exactly what was coming.

There's massive flaws with this style if he persists with it away from home. I also said we have been quite lucky with results so far because the fixtures have been kind to us.

like the spurs game? you sadsack

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Ok Let's put this in perspective.
Brighton never won at OT check
Brighton played below par check
Spence is a wind up merchant check
NSC will know how to fix this by blaming someone/something/everything on Bong/manager/Maupay/spence check
I hate the international break.....Is that to blame as well?:lolol: check:(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Shame you were banned when we were winning, would have been tough for you to be so negative then. We are going to lose all the away games to big teams, delighted we are doing it without stinking the division out.

I accept that some, like you, preferred the way we played these games last season. You are hating this season, I hated last season :shrug:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Bad day at the office Propper and Dunk were our best two players one scored an own goal the other a booking that means he misses the next game, how we kept it to 3-1 was quite amazing for which Ryan gets a mention even though he was at fault for two of their goals

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Just heard Potter on TS say he knows how quick Dan James is, so wondering why he put Dan burn against him, some will say no choice however personally would have had a back three and March on as LWB from the start to at least have a chance against him

It might have been better if the players in the second half had started and vice versa. We looked much better in the second half.

But what do I know?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I could be worse we could be as bad as Man City.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We were going to lose however we played. Remind me of the last time we beat a big team away from home.

A result like today was always going to happen when the big team gets the first goal. It was a lucky one too.

Disappointed but in no disheartened. This could happen in the next three games too.

Going toe to toe with teams with better players in just about every position you are going to need the luck. We are going to lose these games if we stick 10 behind the ball too though.

I know how I prefer us to play in games we are odds on to lose though, at least we didn’t stink the division out

Exactly this, manure have some quick quality players. More so than Liecestercershire franchise, but they're on form. Liverpool will tear us a new one, Arsenal . . . Anything could happen.

We didn't play badly, but Potter showed his relative inexperience today, could have started more solidly and used subs as impact. A few of the newer first team players showed their naivety/lack of big game experience too. But it's all good experience for them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyway, disappointing for sure, but no Brighton side has ever won at Old Trafford so maybe it'll have to be next visit instead.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It might have been better if the players in the second half had started and vice versa. We looked much better in the second half.

But what do I know?

I think that’s a reasonable point. This is Potter’s first PL season. He’s not going to get it right all the time. But he certainly saw the error of his ways.

I was at OT in our first season after promotion. We battered them - and lost. Our fans were much louder that day too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Shame you were banned when we were winning, would have been tough for you to be so negative then. We are going to lose all the away games to big teams, delighted we are doing it without stinking the division out.

I accept that some, like you, preferred the way we played these games last season. You are hating this season, I hated last season :shrug:

Why should we lose ALL the away games to the big teams ? isn't that negative ? 3 years in this league should mean we are capable of getting something occasionally. Certainly not by Potter's style we won't.

I would rather be more cautious playing these sides. Today we could have lost by at least 6 or 7. Chelsea didn't have there shooting boots on as that could have been 5-0. City we were lucky it was only 4.

Potter obviously isn't going to change it though. I always felt we would lose today.

Nov 5, 2019
What an embarrassment. If we were ever going to get a point against Man U this was it.As it stands we have still only got 1 point away against a top side.Pathetic.
We are back down to Earth with a bump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here